PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Schools to bring back Creationism

Nickdfresh
11-07-2004, 01:16 PM
Wisconsin district to teach more than evolution
Saturday, November 6, 2004 Posted: 9:36 PM EST (0236 GMT)

GRANTSBURG, Wisconsin (AP) -- School officials have revised the science curriculum to allow the teaching of creationism, prompting an outcry from more than 300 educators who urged that the decision be reversed.

Members of Grantsburg's school board believed that a state law governing the teaching of evolution was too restrictive. The science curriculum "should not be totally inclusive of just one scientific theory," said Joni Burgin, superintendent of the district of 1,000 students in northwest Wisconsin.

Last month, when the board examined its science curriculum, language was added calling for "various models/theories" of origin to be incorporated.

The decision provoked more than 300 biology and religious studies faculty members to write a letter last week urging the Grantsburg board to reverse the policy. It follows a letter sent previously by 43 deans at Wisconsin public universities.

"Insisting that teachers teach alternative theories of origin in biology classes takes time away from real learning, confuses some students and is a misuse of limited class time and public funds," said Don Waller, a botanist at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Wisconsin law mandates that evolution be taught, but school districts are free to create their own curricular standards, said Joe Donovan, a spokesman for the state Department of Public Instruction.

There have been scattered efforts around the nation for other school boards to adopt similar measures. Last month the Dover Area School Board in Pennsylvania voted to require the teaching of alternative theories to evolution, including "intelligent design" -- the idea that life is too complex to have developed without a creator.

The state education board in Kansas was heavily criticized in 1999 when it deleted most references to evolution. The decision was reversed in 2001.

In March, the Ohio Board of Education narrowly approved a lesson plan that some critics contended opens the door to teaching creationism.

Copyright 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Yeah!! Our children will learn how God created the word in seven days, literally interpreting the Bible! Praise Jesus! You were saying Bush supporters are not hicks?

ELVIS
11-07-2004, 01:34 PM
Evolution is false..

Nickdfresh
11-07-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Evolution is false..
You are insane.

FORD
11-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Both evolution and creationism are properly described as "theories", since there is no way to PROVE either one.

God doesn't come down to Earth for a command performance and create something.

On the other hand, nobody has ever witnessed one species evolve into another either.

Sure, there are changes within a species, adaptability issues and all that, but no evidence whatsoever that man came from monkeys.

http://theqfactor.blogspot.com/pic75,%20Bush%20&%20chimp.jpg
....well except for him anyway.

Sgt Schultz
11-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Nickdfresh don't get your panties in a wad. It's one very small school district.

Nickdfresh
11-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
Nickdfresh don't get your panties in a wad. It's one very small school district.

That's how it starts.

Sgt Schultz
11-07-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
That's how it starts.

I can guarantee you it's not going to take hold in Wisconsin.

DLR'sCock
11-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Evolution is false..

This explains everything.

DLR'sCock
11-07-2004, 04:56 PM
How can this be taught when this clearly violates separation of Church and State? Creationism is not an alternative SCIENTIFIC theory, it is merely Old Testament writings...but we all know this.

I could see perhaps that within a Theology class that Creationism be taught, but if it is a theological class, then differing viewpoints from all "religions" should be also inserted into said class...of course this should be put int the context of a Sociological and Historical perspective...

Creationism is not Science...

BigBadBrian
11-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Both evolution and creationism are properly described as "theories", since there is no way to PROVE either one.

God doesn't come down to Earth for a command performance and create something.

On the other hand, nobody has ever witnessed one species evolve into another either.

Sure, there are changes within a species, adaptability issues and all that, but no evidence whatsoever that man came from monkeys.

Damn......I think I actually agree with FORD on this one.

Let the school districts teach BOTH theories and let the students WITH the parents decide in which to believe. :gulp:

Ally_Kat
11-07-2004, 05:20 PM
You aren't the only one triple B.

Seriously, why should we restrict what is taught? I think they should be open to all explinations, as I believe people should try to learn about as many religions and lack of religions as possible, so that they can decide for themselves what they believe to be the truth.

Cathedral
11-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Ally, It is nothing more than persecution.
The Anti-God types aren't concerned about the education the kids get. they are concerned with how much control they can have over our kids by filling their heads with garbage no believer can tolerate.

I dealt with it for one year in public schools with my youngest daughter, and had enough of it.
That is why she'll never set foot in a public school again.

There isn't a public school on earth that can beat the quality of education she is getting.

Personally, i don't think creation or evolution should be taught in school.
That is something for the family and church to teach.
I don't want educators dictating to me what my child should be learning.

Teach her to read, write and do math. The rest is my responsibility as it is with all parents.

Ally_Kat
11-07-2004, 05:42 PM
How about this -- make an elective that teaches all the various ways people of different beliefs and races view creation. There are enough to fill an entire semester, and if gone deeply enough into it, an entire year.

And not only do you cover all the creation stories so that the children are well-informed and can go on to think for themselves, but it's an elective so the children choose whether or not they want to take it.

Ally_Kat
11-07-2004, 05:46 PM
I also think they should do that with religion. Have a class -- again, elective -- that teaches the different religions of the world, what they belief, customs, all that type of thing.

And as an added bonus, because they are educated about it, they are more likely to be more tolerant of others who do not share the same belief structure and they do. There will be an understanding. And maybe even a step towards peace.

I know, I'm being a bit of a daydreamer. But I seriously think it should be an option for those who want to learn about things like this. I know here in NYC there isn't. Not until college, sometimes.

diamond den™
11-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
How about this -- make an elective that teaches all the various ways people of different beliefs and races view creation. There are enough to fill an entire semester, and if gone deeply enough into it, an entire year.

And not only do you cover all the creation stories so that the children are well-informed and can go on to think for themselves, but it's an elective so the children choose whether or not they want to take it.

They did that in the High School I went too..........

It wasn't very useful.

People eventually make up their own minds what to believe and what not top believe.

jhale667
11-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Evolution is false..

That's just a stupid statement. You can see evidence of evolution in the past few centuries, dumbass. Humans are about a foot taller than say 300 years ago, our limbs longer, and our brain cases are larger...well, MOST people's are....geez, watch the discovery channel or something.

Ally_Kat
11-07-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by diamond den™
They did that in the High School I went too..........

It wasn't very useful.

People eventually make up their own minds what to believe and what not top believe.

You obviously missed the whole educated decision part of the whole thing and being educated on what others believe. Or do you think we should remain ignorant about cultures and beliefs different to the ones we hold?

jhale667
11-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Let's put it this way: In the Catholic school I went to, they taught the creation story, but acknowledged the evidence of evolutionary changes in humanity over the centuries...

DEMON CUNT
11-07-2004, 06:07 PM
Keep Baby Jesus out of our schools!

http://www.dunkinggear.com/pinwheels_caps/dunkin%20for%20jesus%20front-back%20pinwheel%20bloue%20and%20white.jpg

Sgt Schultz
11-07-2004, 06:47 PM
Gee, just think, this happened in a BLUE state...tsk tsk

Nickdfresh
11-07-2004, 07:05 PM

As a former teacher, I covered creation stories---IN ENGLISH CLASS!- not in biology.

By the way, the earth is flat! Let's teach that! The moon landings were faked, and all the planets revolve around the Earth! These are all perfectly sustainable theories. In fact, why don't we teach everything, so we can waste time, tax dollars, and regress back from the age of reason and scientific thought. If people want to take the bible literally, that's fine, send your kids to a private school, but don't mask fundamentalist biblical interpretation by calling it "Creationism" and pretending it has any empirical basis.:confused:

jhale667
11-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Here's a mind bender for you creationists...if evolution is false, why do ALL humans have a vestigial TAIL on the end of our spines??! Y'know, TAIL-BONE, people? It says nowhere in the bible that Adam and Eve were EXACTLY as humans are today....also, if creationism is true...we all descended from Adam and Eve's KIDS fucking. Incest, anyone?

Ally_Kat
11-07-2004, 07:41 PM
As a former teacher, I covered creation stories---IN ENGLISH CLASS!- not in biology.

By the way, the earth is flat! Let's teach that! The moon landings were faked, and all the planets revolve around the Earth! These are all perfectly sustainable theories. In fact, why don't we teach everything, so we can waste time, tax dollars, and regress back from the age of reason and scientific thought. If people want to take the bible literally, that's fine, send your kids to a private school, but don't mask fundamentalist biblical interpretation by calling it "Creationism" and pretending it has any empirical basis.:confused:

Point to where I said make it a science class. Point to anywhere where I said what subject it would fall under. Want me to? Okay. If it were to be a subject, I suppose it would be filed under anthropology.

And you are getting all riled up and thinking we're going to revert back scientifically when that was nothing close to what I am proposing. Maybe i need to re-explain it?

We do teach young minds that people believed the earth was flat, don't we? I learned it, my brother learned it, and now my little cousins are coming home telling me that people once believed the world was flat. We also teach them about the universe revolving around the earth and who believed in that and when.

We teach them in History and, at the higher level, they are taught in Philosophy classes. They are past theories that were proven wrong and they are taught because those thoughts came into play with History. Well, what about theories and beliefs of Judaism, Islam, Christianity, atheists, Deists, etc. They have helped and are continuing to help shape events in our present. There are many from the public educational system that do not learn about current Israal-Palestine conflicts because they do not understand where they are coming from. They don't understand why the Jews want that specific land. Likewise, many don't understand Islam and what their followers believe in.

Such education and understanding of why certain groups do certain things should not be held only for those who go on to college. And I truely do not see how educating one about the different views of the various people within the world and why they do certain things is a step BACK. I see it as a step forward. Understanding other parties involved can be used to work towards an understaning. Ya know, that word "tolerance" that everyone likes to throw around and thinks we should take kids out of class to attend an assembly on.

Exploring all views. Cause remember, not everyone views the world as an atheist. ;)

Nickdfresh
11-07-2004, 07:45 PM
Not every Christian intererprets the Bible literally and rejects science out-of-hand when it conflicts with their fundimentalist paradigns.:eek:

Warham
11-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
Here's a mind bender for you creationists...if evolution is false, why do ALL humans have a vestigial TAIL on the end of our spines??! Y'know, TAIL-BONE, people? It says nowhere in the bible that Adam and Eve were EXACTLY as humans are today....also, if creationism is true...we all descended from Adam and Eve's KIDS fucking. Incest, anyone?

Why do humans have a tail bone? Because God wanted them to? DUH!

God most likely wanted similarities in alot of his creatures: the fact that all mammals have hair, the fact that all fish have gills, etc. etc. I don't see how having a tailbone makes creationism false.

Ally_Kat
11-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Not every Christian intererprets the Bible literally and rejects science out-of-hand when it conflicts with their fundimentalist paradigns.:eek:

No, but if they are Christian, they believe that God created the Universe and all within it, making man in His image and likeness.

And what does that have to do with teaching kids as if the world was atheistic and keeping them in the dark about different cultures and beliefs?

Nickdfresh
11-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Frankly, I don't think evolution means atheism, nor do I believe science in general is anti-religious. But we have a duty to teach our children to seek the truth, not sustain untenable Biblical beliefs written by men and not God. But I get upset when I see so called "Creationists" attempt to prove the possibility of their chosen paradigm with pseudo-evidence and concocted poppy-cock. How do you explain the dinosaurs? The ice ages?

How can we produce the next generation of scientists, or engineers, or remain on the cutting edge of technology with this? The Europeans and Japanese are laughing at us over this.

ELVIS
11-07-2004, 08:30 PM
Humans are about a foot taller than say 300 years ago, our limbs longer, and our brain cases are larger...

That is total nonsense...:rolleyes:

ELVIS
11-07-2004, 08:31 PM
So you're saying that 1200 years ago people were a foot tall ??

Idiot!

ELVIS
11-07-2004, 08:34 PM
if creationism is true...we all descended from Adam and Eve's KIDS fucking. Incest, anyone?

That is true...

BigBadBrian
11-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Frankly, I don't think evolution means atheism, nor do I believe science in general is anti-religious. But we have a duty to teach our children to seek the truth, not sustain untenable Biblical beliefs written by men and not God. But I get upset when I see so called "Creationists" attempt to prove the possibility of their chosen paradigm with pseudo-evidence and concocted poppy-cock. How do you explain the dinosaurs? The ice ages?

How can we produce the next generation of scientists, or engineers, or remain on the cutting edge of technology with this? The Europeans and Japanese are laughing at us over this.

Condescending attitudes like this will lose the Democrats more seats in the 2006 and the 2008 elections. :gulp:

Ally_Kat
11-07-2004, 08:36 PM
Well, they can laugh all they want. At least I'm still allowed to wear any religious artifact public if I want, unlike those in France. But, likewise, as they laugh they can also explain different religion viewpoints better.

What I don't understand is why you think understanding someone you might come across or a group that might rise up for some historical event is withholding truth from our children. You can understand the scientific truth AND understand your fellow human's belief structure. Knowing what Mayans believe to be the creation of the world never stopped anyone from becoming a scientist.

Nickdfresh
11-07-2004, 08:43 PM
Well, they can laugh all they want. At least I'm still allowed to wear any religious artifact public if I want, unlike those in France. But, likewise, as they laugh they can also explain different religion viewpoints better...

Yes but many bigots on this site would approve because it mainly was to ban headscarves on Muslim women.

The main reason was that Arabic women living in France who did not wear the head scarves were often attacked and raped by arabic men as punishment for being "Westernized whores!"

DEMON CUNT
11-07-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Why do humans have a tail bone? Because God wanted them to? DUH!

God most likely wanted similarities in alot of his creatures: the fact that all mammals have hair, the fact that all fish have gills, etc. etc. I don't see how having a tailbone makes creationism false.

You guys talk about god like it's actually real. That's scary!

What about dinosaurs?

http://lachlan.bluehaze.com.au/usa2002/may2002/30may2002a/mvc-009f.jpg

ELVIS
11-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
You guys talk about god like it's actually real.

God is real, dude...

Nickdfresh
11-07-2004, 08:48 PM

What about dinosaurs?

And you sir talk about God like it's not! Our brains are merely desktop computers linked to a cosmic internet run by a supercomputer we cannot comprehend.

Warham
11-07-2004, 08:51 PM

What about dinosaurs?

What about them? God made them too.

Nickdfresh
11-07-2004, 08:54 PM
"God is in the voices in the street." James Joyce "Ulysses"

DEMON CUNT
11-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Our brains are merely desktop computers linked to a cosmic internet run by a supercomputer we cannot comprehend.

I agree with you. I just don't think there is an old man with a white beard who made the world in seven days.

Some of those brains have died in Iraq looking for WMD.

DEMON CUNT
11-07-2004, 08:57 PM
What about them? God made them too.

Is that the new canned christian response to the dinosaur question? Lame.

I thought you were done with me? Back for more?

Nickdfresh
11-07-2004, 09:00 PM
I agree with you. I just don't think there is an old man with a white beard who made the world in seven days.

Perhaps Jesus can post and give us all some solace and perspective on this.

Warham
11-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Is that the new canned christian response to the dinosaur question? Lame.

I thought you were done with me? Back for more?

No, it's an answer, Cunt.

It's the same answer I'd give you if you asked me: 'what about dogs and cats?" Same fucking answer.

Back for more? More what? You haven't given me anything to digest.

DEMON CUNT
11-07-2004, 09:24 PM
iginally posted by Warham [/i]
No, it's an answer, Cunt.

It's the same answer I'd give you if you asked me: 'what about dogs and cats?" Same fucking answer.

Back for more? More what? You haven't given me anything to digest. [/QUOTE]

Bitch please! I already kicked your ass in the Bring It On, Ford...pussyboy.

You are a follower of a religion that you know very little about. You are embarrassing yourself and Baby Jesus.

Sorry, the millions of years in which the dinosaurs roamed the earth is not covered in yer little bible story book there. The earth is much older than 6000 years.

Warham
11-07-2004, 09:31 PM
The Bible doesn't say the Earth is 6,000 years old, CUNT.

Read it, and come back to me when you have.

I could run your ass through the ringer if you want to argue on what the Bible says. And I don't have to google it like you do.

DEMON CUNT
11-07-2004, 09:34 PM
The Bible doesn't say the Earth is 6,000 years old, CUNT.

Read it, and come back to me when you have.

I could run your ass through the ringer if you want to argue on what the Bible says. And I don't have to google it like you do.

Alright, who is responsible for leaving the Catholic church and starting the protestant movement? Our modern christian bible was put together by whom? From what set of documents? What did not make it into the Bible?

Ok, start ringing my ass!

Warham
11-07-2004, 09:49 PM
You haven't gotten anything about the Bible right so far. When you understand what you've brought up already, then we may move onto new topics.

Seshmeister
11-07-2004, 10:16 PM
Wow!

It's true there are some Americans that seem normal on the outside but are completely insane.

Evolution is not a theory at all - it's as close to a fact as you can get.

The irony of people sitting in front of computers typing that it isn't is a mixture of funny and scary.

With all due respect Elvis go read a fucking book and stop living in lala land.

Cheers!

:gulp:

BigBadBrian
11-07-2004, 10:29 PM
Alright, who is responsible for leaving the Catholic church and starting the protestant movement? Our modern christian bible was put together by whom? From what set of documents? What did not make it into the Bible?

Ok, start ringing my ass!

Actually, if you're debating Biblical knowledge, you've left the bounds of biblical knowledge and entered the bounds of Christian history. Also, most Christians, unless Theologians, don't study that too much. Catholics might, however. Catholics don't generally read their Bibles too much either, however, generally relying on what is preached at Mass. :gulp:

jhale667
11-07-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Catholics don't generally read their Bibles too much either, however, generally relying on what is preached at Mass. :gulp:

Not true, sir. I was required to read it daily in school. And if you've ever been to a Catholic mass (sounds ike you haven't) what's preached is usually referenced with direct quotes from the bible. So there ;).

As far as you guys bagging on evidence of human evolution...go look it up. It's been proven. And I didn't say that 1200 years ago people were a foot tall, just that humans as a species are on average almost a foot taller than we were even in colonial times....

DaveIsKing
11-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Here we go again...

ELVIS
11-07-2004, 10:59 PM
Hahahaha...

jhale667
11-07-2004, 11:10 PM
Anybody see where they discovered a new humanoid species last week? 'Flores Man'? They were like 3 feet tall. I mention that not to support the previous height evolution statement, just 'cause it's kinda cool.....doesn't do much to support the creation theory though.

Viking
11-07-2004, 11:13 PM
I'm not going to feast on this can o' theological worms again, because it isn't worth my time. But, I'll restate my philosophy once more, for the newbies and Great Unwashed: Let's say, I believe in God, and you don't. That's cool. You have your beliefs, and I have mine. Now, let's say that we're both dead. If you're right, you ain't gonna have the opportunity to gloat, because we're both worm hotels. But, if I'm right, then you have some eternal 'splaining to do to The Man, don't ya? Besides, whether you like it or not, the cultural and legal construct of Western Civilization - and The United States of America, specifically - is based upon the religious concept of morality passed down to us by the Bible. And don't give me that infantile 'separation of church and state' cop-out - I have to get up in the morning, and don't have the time to bury you up to your neck in the Founding Fathers' own words and intentions. You have a problem with 'Thou shalt not steal' or 'Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife'? I think that the underlying issue with most secularists is that they're too arrogant to accept that there may be a Wiser Authority than themselves. They feel that, in the height of their hubris and the unfathomable depths of their arrogance, they are more intelligent and worthy than those around them; therefore, there can be no Higher Power than them. I think that's why some of them address their own mortality by exploring obscure heathen religions like Wicca and Druidism. It removes a singular, focal authority from the universal equation, and spreads it out across some abstract concept of Higher Existence, which requires no adherence to an imposition of certain codes of conduct from their Creator.

DaveIsKing
11-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Personally, I don't see how anyone can deny evolution myself. I mean have you ever seen the embryo of a human and a chicken at something like 7 weeks? They are almost indentical as well as a with a fish, snake and monkey.

But, then again...I don't guess we'll truly know until we find...

jhale667
11-07-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsKing
Personally, I don't see how anyone can deny evolution myself. I mean have you ever seen the embryo of a human and a chicken at something like 7 weeks? They are almost indentical as well as a with a fish, snake and monkey.

But, then again...I don't guess we'll truly know until we find...

Dude, I'm agreeing with you WAAAAY too much today....;)

Ally_Kat
11-07-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Actually, if you're debating Biblical knowledge, you've left the bounds of biblical knowledge and entered the bounds of Christian history. Also, most Christians, unless Theologians, don't study that too much. Catholics might, however. Catholics don't generally read their Bibles too much either, however, generally relying on what is preached at Mass. :gulp:

We have readings straight out of the Bible for Mass. The only preaching is the priest for the homily talking about the passage from the Gospel that was just read and how it ties in with that Mass' theme.
Those who go to any Catholic school have to read their Bible and get tested on it. It's another subject in school for us. And if you want ot receive a Sacrament, except fo Anointment of the Sick, you have to go thru these religious meetings and/or classes.

I had an excursion to a Protestant church and it was weird/interesting for me how everyone broke into groups, read from this book, and then discussed what the passage could mean. It was sorta like an interactive homily...sorta.

DaveIsKing
11-07-2004, 11:21 PM
What a difference a day makes!

Ally_Kat
11-07-2004, 11:23 PM

It's not really defined the length of time a day was to this old man either ;)

jhale667
11-07-2004, 11:24 PM
I had an excursion to a Protestant church and it was weird/interesting for me how everyone broke into groups, read from this book, and then discussed what the passage could mean. It was sorta like an interactive homily...sorta.

You know what's REALLY weird for someone raised as a Catholic? Go to an Evangelical service, where everyone's SCREAMING, and the preacher's YELLING...what a trip that was! I must've looked like a deer in the headlights to the rest of the congregation. I was only like 10 or so, and I was TERRIFIED.

Ally_Kat
11-07-2004, 11:26 PM
Yes but many bigots on this site would approve because it mainly was to ban headscarves on Muslim women.

The main reason was that Arabic women living in France who did not wear the head scarves were often attacked and raped by arabic men as punishment for being "Westernized whores!"

and instead of punishing the few, they punished the lot. Good going there.

Why not crackdown on those men?

jhale667
11-07-2004, 11:29 PM
Why not crackdown on those men?

True. That's the same mentality as the Taliban guys in Afghanistan who beat up women because their ANKLES were visible from underneath their birkas (sic?).

DaveIsKing
11-07-2004, 11:29 PM
BIGOTS??

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??

Viking
11-07-2004, 11:31 PM
Personally, I'm not a fundamentalist Christian that reads into the Bible literally in places. I think that we're part of a Divine Plan, and that evolution - such as it is - is part of that plan. I don't deny that we are created In His Image, but I don't deny that He put the brontasaurus here before we arrived, as well. The entire mystery is too deep for humans to wrap their minds around, methinks. I guess we'll just have to wait until the flesh finally fails us to learn the answers.

DaveIsKing
11-07-2004, 11:33 PM
I'm a heretic myself.

Ally_Kat
11-07-2004, 11:35 PM
You know what's REALLY weird for someone raised as a Catholic? Go to an Evangelical service, where everyone's SCREAMING, and the preacher's YELLING...what a trip that was! I must've looked like a deer in the headlights to the rest of the congregation. I was only like 10 or so, and I was TERRIFIED.

My brother went to a Lutheran school for a year and they had this service at the beginning of the school year. Nothing too new for us because I went to a Lutheran high school. The services my high school would have were similar to Catholic Mass, except I didn't know any of the hymns, there were no readings from the Bible, we didn't have to kneel, and there was no Communion. But other than that...lol

So we go to the church attached to his new school and inside there were pews and Bibles on the back of them. New thing for me. So anyway, they start playing music, have us stand and they all start singing -- for a good hour. Random songs, some of them just written recently by Christian artists. The married couple in front of us is making out IN A CHURCH! They made us swing our arms like we were in a concert, they had some guy playing guitar, another drums. Meanwhile, my family is standing still looking around like we were lost, even my father who Congregationalist.

The best part was the couple making out. If that were to happen in my church...

jhale667
11-07-2004, 11:38 PM
Fundalmentalists scare me. I once dated a girl from a fundamentalist family (her dad was in the Klan too; lemme tell ya--- HE LOVED ME! ;)) and some of shit he used to spout was terrifying. How can someone take literally a work that contradicts ITSELF in spots? It's beyond me. Debated him on religion once ('cause he 'wasn't sure Catholics believed in God')...every time I got him cornered he looked like his head was gonna explode.

jhale667
11-07-2004, 11:44 PM
The best part was the couple making out. If that were to happen in my church...

No shit! They'd STILL be saying the rosary!!

Ally_Kat
11-07-2004, 11:51 PM
('cause he 'wasn't sure Catholics believed in God')

My favorite is when they call us the whore's church. I mean, okay, if you have something against us holding Mary special because of what she took on, okay. Different denominations have their, um, differences. :D But I'm pretty sure that when you meet Him, Jesus might be a little mad about you calling his mama a whore.

Cathedral
11-08-2004, 12:29 AM
Jesus won't get mad, he'll just cast you into Hell.

There are a lot of damned athiests on this site lately, better hope your right when the end comes...eternity is a long time to be regretting denying Christ.

ELVIS
11-08-2004, 12:34 AM
Amen

Cathedral
11-08-2004, 12:47 AM
Let me also add that Jesus dwells in your heart, so if a public school system says you cannot worship there, don't.

You are all free to do as i am doing and place your kids in a private school that teaches your children what you want them to be taught.

There aren't any distractions at her school like the bomb threats, bus abuse, and death threats from kids who are raising themselves at home while the babysitter (TV) pollutes their minds.

Public Schools are screwed, and basically Liberal Institutions.

DEMON CUNT
11-08-2004, 02:22 AM
You haven't gotten anything about the Bible right so far. When you understand what you've brought up already, then we may move onto new topics.

That's all about the bible. Specifically, WHERE and HOW that book came about. You don't understand the origin of your faith. You can tell me who killed Goliath, but you cannot tell me who started the movement.

You are avoiding.

Typical.

I'll let you off the hook and the hard stuff. But, you still haven't explained these passages in the context of your support for the invasion of Iraq. Try again!

Thou shalt not kill.

What you do unto the least of them, you do unto me.

ELVIS
11-08-2004, 02:30 AM
You tell us how you think the Bible came about...

DEMON CUNT
11-08-2004, 02:41 AM
You tell us how you think the Bible came about...

Baby Jesus, in cooperation with Santa Claus, started a publishing company. This publishing company wanted to make "spiritual prozak" available to the poorly educated and/or just plain retarded.

Their scheme went like gang busters. The toothless and the worthless gathered form miles around to stare in wonder at the latest McReligion. Complete with fear, torture, adultry, and one crazy assed climax!

Sorry Elbitch, I ain't teaching Sunday Morning McBible School.

FORD
11-08-2004, 03:03 AM
The atheists won't be too surprised if JC sends them downstairs. They rejected Him and have no defense. It's the ones who think they are serving Christ while actually living by doctrines from Hell, who will be in for a shock.

And believe me, anyone who swallows this Dominionism fascist horseshit is gonna be at the front of that line.