PDA

View Full Version : Hasselhoff claims he had hand in Berlin Wall falling

lucky wilbury
01-30-2004, 05:58 PM
http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_860540.html

Hasselhoff claims he had hand in Berlin Wall falling

David Hasselhoff has complained to museum curators after finding his photo absent in a collection of memorabilia about the fall of the Berlin Wall.

The actor and producer, who says he is working on a film version of TV series Knight Rider, claims he is partly responsible for the fall of the concrete divide.

Speaking to German magazine TV Spielfilm, Hasselhoff said in 1989, the year the wall fell, he had helped reunite the country by singing his song 'Looking for Freedom' among millions of German fans at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin.

He said he felt he had moved people on both sides of the wall, although he admitted hardly any of the East Germans could speak English. He said: "I find it a bit sad that there is no photo of me hanging on the walls in the Berlin Museum at Check-Point Charlie.

"After my appearance I hacked away at pieces of the wall that had the black, red and yellow colours of the German flag on it. I kept the big piece for myself and gave the smaller pieces to colleagues at Baywatch."

Hasselhoff said he doesn't mind that Americans make fun of his popularity in Germany and says he feels it is his second homeland.

He said: "Many Americans joke about my popularity in Germany. But they have no idea how beautiful Europe is and how rich it is in culture and fun and warmth and children. In Germany children have brought me thousands of flowers."

Catfish
01-30-2004, 06:00 PM
:lol:

FORD
01-30-2004, 06:41 PM
The little known reality is that Pamela Anderson's fake tits, assisted by KITT the talking Trans AM, brought down the Berlin Wall.

At least that's what I heard on FAUX :D

Seshmeister
01-30-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
..Hasselhoff said he doesn't mind that Americans make fun of his popularity in Germany and says he feels it is his second homeland.

He said: "Many Americans joke about my popularity in Germany. But they have no idea how beautiful Europe is and how rich it is in culture and fun and warmth and children. In Germany children have brought me thousands of flowers."

Just when you think someone is a prick it turns out they are a total prick.

People in the US(and the UK) make fun of the abortion he calls music not the fact he is popular.

What a twat.

Cheers!

:gulp: