PDA

View Full Version : Paris Notifies Palestinians Of Arafat’s Death

Viking
11-07-2004, 09:27 PM
Paris Notifies Palestinians of Arafat’s Death

by Abdul Raheem Ali
Source: IslamOnline.net

Doctors in the French military hospital of Piercy have told Palestinian President Yasser Arafat’s wife and officials accompanying him that the veteran leader had passed away, well-placed Palestinian sources told IslamOnline.net.

The French doctors also notified the Palestinian Authority that life-support systems Arafat is being kept on are absolutely useless, the sources said in exclusive statements.

They added that officials from the PA and Fatah, Arafat’s mainstream movement, have asked the French to keep the news under wraps and give them 36 hours to arrange the home front.

The sources further said that Suha Arafat has agreed to give Fatah Central Committee the final say as to when the life-support systems should be taken off and Arafat’s death officially announced.

Palestinian leaders have for the past two days been engaged in a series of shuttle meetings to ensure a smooth transfer of power after the announcement.

Prime Minister Ahmed Qorei, who is in charge of the PA, chaired Sunday a meeting of the national security council before a meeting of Fatah, presided over by former premier Mahmud Abbas.

The two men later joined a meeting with leaders of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) and Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP).

Qorei met in Gaza City on Saturday, November 6, with representatives of the main resistance factions Hamas and Islamic Jihad and urged Palestinians not to allow themselves to be dragged into internecine warfare.

Buying Time

The well-placed Palestinian sources ridiculed statements made earlier Sunday by Arafat’s top aide Nabil Abu Rudeina that the veteran leader was not in a coma.

"This is unconceivable especially that he was one of those who asked the French for the 36-hour chance to arrangement things," they noted.

Emerging from the hospital, Abu Rudeina told reporters that Arafat " is not in a coma… He is under strict medical observance. We hope that in the coming few days we will be able to know exactly what he is suffering from. So far, nobody could diagnose the situation."

The sources also refuted media reports that Arafat’s blood samples were taken to the US and other European countries for diagnosis, describing the whole thing as a bid to win more time.

The health department of the French armed forces said Saturday that Arafat's condition has not changed one way or other since a health bulletin was issued Friday.

Palestinian officials and sources gave conflicting reports Thursday, November 4, about Arafat’s condition.

Arafat arrived in France Friday, October 29, to receive treatment at Percy military hospital, southwestern Paris suburb of Clamart.

Poisoning Probed

In a related development, the Palestinian sources told IOL that Palestinian authorities have arrested several people who were involved in cocking and serving Arafat’s food.

They asserted that secret investigations are ongoing to identify those who collaborated to poisoning the Palestinian leader, especially that Palestinians are now sure Arafat was poisoned.

Palestinian sources told IOL Thursday that Arafat had been slowly yet fatally poisoned before being taken to a French hospital.

Tests have already revealed that the 75-year-old Palestinian leader has a low count of blood platelets, which are needed for clotting, but doctors are uncertain over what is causing the condition.

French doctors have ruled out Arafat had cancer or leukaemia.

Arafat’s declining health has raised international concerns over who would replace the veteran leader, the embodiment of Palestinian independence aspirations for decades.

According to the terms of the Palestinian basic law, parliament speaker Rawhi Fattuh would be appointed as head of the Palestinian Authority for a maximum 60-day interim period in the event of Arafat's death.

However in reality, the real reigns of power are likely to pass immediately to Abbas and Qorei.

http://islamicsydney.com/story.php?id=1886

Nickdfresh
11-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Interesting post.

diamondD
11-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Hmmm, still not being reported on any of the major news sites. I think this is going to get ugly pretty quick with the struggle for power and the accusations that he may have been poisoned.

It was reported that Arafat's wife told the envoy of leaders coming to go back because she thinks they are planning to bury him alive. Crazy stuff going on over there.

Viking
11-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Take this intelligence blurb with a grain of salt, of course, and file it under 'For What It's Worth' - this page is allegedly a public intel dissemination site for the Mossad:

'Arafat’s wife Suha will demand Abbas and Qureia sign documents drafted by her French lawyers guaranteeing her multimillion dollar inheritance and pension - as price for switching off life support systems.'

http://www.debka.com/

Apparently the motherfucker cut her out of his will. Something about that kinda tickles me pink. :D

ELVIS
11-07-2004, 10:23 PM
I wonder who knows where his money is...

Viking
11-07-2004, 10:31 PM
Him, and Satan, I'd imagine. :D

And shut the fuck up, FORD. I don't need your Seven-Faces-Of-Eve input on that post. :D

ELVIS
11-07-2004, 10:34 PM
:D

LickMyCream
11-07-2004, 11:47 PM
Paris notifies Palestanians of Arafat's Death?http://media.santabanta.com/gallery/global%20celebrities(f)/paris%20hilton/paris%20hilton2v.jpg

Ally_Kat
11-07-2004, 11:56 PM
I had saw before on Drudge that he would be buried in the Gaza Strip. Something about having a family plot there.

Cathedral
11-08-2004, 12:11 AM
The dude has been dead for days, that's my opinion of course, but the news reports lead me to believe they are trying to buy time.

Ally_Kat
11-08-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
The dude has been dead for days, that's my opinion of course, but the news reports lead me to believe they are trying to buy time.

You're not the only one of that opinion ;)

FORD
11-08-2004, 12:34 AM
So when are we supposed to fly the dishtowels at half-mast?

Cathedral
11-08-2004, 12:41 AM
Just after breakfast, we don't want grief getting on our grits. (real grits, not those instant fuckers)

FORD
11-08-2004, 01:24 AM
OK then, 1 terrorist down, two to go. How's Sharon going out?