PDA

View Full Version : Beatles song voted worst ever

Ally_Kat
11-11-2004, 10:10 PM
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da voted worst song

The Beatles' 1968 song Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da has been voted the worst song ever in an online poll.

The track was on the band's White Album - which is often regarded as one of the best albums ever made reports BBC online.

It was rated as being worse than former footballer Paul Gascoigne's Fog On The Tyne in a Mars survey of 1,000 people.

In third place was Meat Loaf's 1993 hit I'll Do Anything For Love, while 5ive, Cliff Richard, Vanilla Ice and Steps were also in the top 10.

Three of the songs on the list are sung by footballers, including the 1987 song Diamond Lights by Glenn Hoddle and Chris Waddle.

Liverpool's Anfield Rap, featuring John Barnes, also makes the top 10.

Ian Edwards, lecturer at the Academy of Contemporary Music, said: "Admit it or not, most of these are songs that we liked when they first came out.

"That is the nature of pop music as a part of fashion. Songs are popular at the time, but times change and often this results in embarrassing additions to your record collections. It is interesting to note that they were nearly all hits."

FORD
11-12-2004, 01:43 AM
Nah, that "Good Night" song Ringo did on the White Album was much worse.

Panamark
11-12-2004, 02:10 AM
I can think of several Beatles tunes that are worse than
"Nah Nah why dont you get a job" (By The Offspring)
oops I meant Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da ..

Number Nine for starters...
Her Majesty..

nosuchluck
11-12-2004, 05:33 AM
and what about The White Stripes?
do they figure in the poll??

Diver Down NJ
11-12-2004, 10:31 AM
This kind of juvenile crap is really lame. Some douche wants to get his little list published, so he picks a Beatles song just to be different. There's no way that out of 1,000 people, the majority of them just happend to pick that song. I call bullshit.

WACF
11-12-2004, 10:35 AM
It still is a pretty shitty song though....

ThatArtGuy
11-12-2004, 10:47 AM
Good thing it was a cover, huh?

Mr Badguy
11-12-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by WACF
It still is a pretty shitty song though....

Shitty though it is, I can think of thousands more shittier.

Nickdfresh
11-12-2004, 07:47 PM
The Beatles "shit" is far better than the gold standard of most other bands.

Warham
11-12-2004, 08:37 PM
No Beatles song is the worst song ever.

Pathetic list.

Panamark
11-13-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Warham
No Beatles song is the worst song ever.

Pathetic list.

Agree with the pathetic list thing, Im a huge beatles fan,
I think Ive almost got almost every album. But they did have a few
crappy tunes. But 98% of what they did was brilliant.

Golden AWe
11-13-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
The Beatles "shit" is far better than the gold standard of most other bands.

true

obladiobladaa is actually a pretty decent pop song.

Matt White
11-13-2004, 10:13 AM
With all the truly terrible over-produced, self indulgent horseshit music that has come out in the last 35+ years, how could anything by the Beatles be #1. Cheap publicity stunt on the part of the people behind the list. Worst than that Beatles song?
Anything by Kenny Rodgers.
Anything by Barry Manilow
Anything by Teen Pop(You pick the lip-syncher.)
Any Nu-Metal.
95% of Hair-Metal.
I hate all Rap & Young Country so that's ones easy.

WACF
11-13-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Shitty though it is, I can think of thousands more shittier.

Very true...

WolfStar999
11-15-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
With all the truly terrible over-produced, self indulgent horseshit music that has come out in the last 35+ years, how could anything by the Beatles be #1. Cheap publicity stunt on the part of the people behind the list. Worst than that Beatles song?
Anything by Kenny Rodgers.
Anything by Barry Manilow
Anything by Teen Pop(You pick the lip-syncher.)
Any Nu-Metal.
95% of Hair-Metal.
I hate all Rap & Young Country so that's ones easy.

I'm definitely with you on the abominations that have been vomited forth from the disease-ridden cunt of new-country Nashville. Daryl Worley?! Montgomery Gentry?! Gretchen Wilson?! Toby Keith?!?! I can't believe people are so stupid they actually want to buy, much less listen to, such mass-produced jingoistic crap

Warham
11-15-2004, 05:55 PM
Any song by Michael Bolton is worse than McCartney and Lennon farting and putting it on wax.

A disgrace to polls everywhere.

DLR_EngineRoom
11-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da voted worst song

The Beatles' 1968 song Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da has been voted the worst song ever in an online poll.

The track was on the band's White Album - which is often regarded as one of the best albums ever made reports BBC online.

It was rated as being worse than former footballer Paul Gascoigne's Fog On The Tyne in a Mars survey of 1,000 people.

In third place was Meat Loaf's 1993 hit I'll Do Anything For Love, while 5ive, Cliff Richard, Vanilla Ice and Steps were also in the top 10.

Dunno where this 'online poll' was taken, but it sucks if it says that ANY Beatle song is the worst of all time. I LOVE Obladi Oblada, I feel it's one of the Beatles' greatest hits, and I also love Meatloaf's music too. So where ever that website is, they suck 'cause they disagree with me. Period.

Jack68
11-18-2004, 04:55 PM
Theres only one Beatle song that sucks.......Honey Pie,not wild honey pie.Honey Pie off the white album,good lord.I can feel John Lennon and George Harrison reaching for the barf bags when Paulie brought this one to the table.Jesus fookin Christ.i love the beatles,some of Mcartneys stuff is just cheese filler.Ya know what wild honey pie sucks too.

Warham
11-18-2004, 05:21 PM
But Wild Honey by the Beach Boys is killer!

:D

bueno bob
11-18-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Warham
But Wild Honey by the Beach Boys is killer!

:D

YES! :D

I don't know about "worst song ever"...I'm sure we can all find some Hagar tracks that would make it sound like dynamite...and I'm not even a Beatles fan in the slightest possible way...

PHOENIX
11-18-2004, 05:43 PM
I like this song. It makes me feel good when i hear it.:D

Jack68
11-18-2004, 05:53 PM
Correct me if im wrong...did Eddie submit when love walks in or what was that other one...why cant this be love to Dave?Dave must of been like you must be joking or did it get that far.I went to sse Van Hagars monsters of rock way back for Metallica and the Scorpions(scorpions used to be so good).i took a friend of mine to it who got me into VANHALEN and he was just besides himself how bad van hagar were.There was alot of anti Dave banners and shit and the Metallica fans wanted to beat uo some Van Hagar fans in our section.You had to be there but it was fuckin hysterical.

Vanstonica
11-18-2004, 06:00 PM
I can't imagine listening to Metallica playing "Master of Puppets" and then having to sit through Van Hagar's "When it's love" or "Dreams". I'd want to beat up the VH crowd too!!

spmusicplyr
11-18-2004, 06:04 PM
God damn, and i thought the worst shit was "How many SAy I" or "Ballot or the bullet"...fire in the hole.....any of that shit on van halen 3! (except without you)

bueno bob
11-18-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by spmusicplyr
God damn, and i thought the worst shit was "How many SAy I" or "Ballot or the bullet"...fire in the hole.....any of that shit on van halen 3! (except without you)

Up for Breakfast did it for me...worst shit I've ever heard by ANY band, save the White Stripes, who aren't really a band, anyway...