PDA

View Full Version : Newborn Twins Named Yasser and Arafat

Ally_Kat
11-11-2004, 11:48 PM
Newborn Twins Named Yasser and Arafat

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - When Safra Hassan went into labor Thursday, she told her husband she wanted to name their child Yasser after Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, who died hours earlier.

It was only in the delivery room at Gaza's Shifa Hospital that Hassan, 32, discovered she was carrying twin boys.

"I looked at my husband and I said, we will call them Yasser and Arafat," she told The Associated Press. "I'm so proud that the name of Yasser Arafat will be in my house every day, just as the name of Yasser Arafat will be in every Palestinian house forever."

The boys, each weighing about 4 1/2 pounds, are doing well, doctors said. Safra Hassan and her husband, Rafiq, have two other children, a 7-year-old daughter and a 5-year-old son.

Safra Hassan said naming her infants for Arafat was a small gesture compared to the sacrifices he made in pursuit of Palestinian statehood.

"I hope that my children will grow up in peace and will witness Yasser Arafat's dreams become reality," she said.

Vivian Campbell
11-11-2004, 11:52 PM
WHAT?! I guess "Ass" and "Hole" were already taken.

JCOOK
11-12-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Vivian Campbell
WHAT?! I guess "Ass" and "Hole" were already taken.

Good one VC, LMAO!

ODShowtime
11-12-2004, 09:26 AM
Yes, please honor the man most responsible for keeping your people locked into terrible poverty and disenfrachisment.

Just like we do here!

FORD
11-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Yes, please honor the man most responsible for keeping your people locked into terrible poverty and disenfrachisment.

Just like we do here!

Are you saying you know someone who named their twins "Junior" and "Chimpy"??

Snow Ho
11-12-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by FORD

no thats why *ass* and *hole* were taken

ODShowtime
11-12-2004, 10:34 AM

FORD, thanks for making sure our sheepish friends understood my observation.

I bet there's a good many mouthbreathers that christened their spawn "George" in the last few weeks. That would be an interesting little factoid...

Ally_Kat
11-12-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime

I bet there's a good many mouthbreathers that christened their spawn "George" in the last few weeks. That would be an interesting little factoid...

My mother has been suggesting it for when I have kids, but not for the Busheep conclusion you'd jump to. She had lost an uncle George to the mines when she was little and keeps pushing the name idea to me.

He's not a junior.

ODShowtime
11-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
He's not a junior.

That's the joke sweetie

Ally_Kat
11-12-2004, 02:00 PM
well then, I obviously didn't, and still don't, get it. All I know is that everyone calls him junior and he's not, I guess cuz I actually have name situations like that in my family.