PDA

View Full Version : ABC Affiliates Drop The Ball

blueturk
11-12-2004, 10:37 AM
This "moral values" thing is going too far.35 per cent of ABC affiliates refused to air "Saving Private Ryan" last night because they were scared the FCC would fine them for profanity.Is one nipple worth all this?

aesop
11-12-2004, 11:26 AM
I'm sure that's not the 'real' reason... just a convenient cop-out. They can edit out whatever they want. Just a lame excuse for not wanting any young minds out there to see that movie, which should be required viewing for every American citizen.

Guitar Shark
11-12-2004, 11:33 AM
The problem is not ABC. The problem is the FCC and its overly strict interpretation of "acceptable" television, which has created a climate of fear.

Switch84
11-12-2004, 11:51 AM
:rolleyes: :p Sign up for Netflix and RENT THE DAMN MOVIE! Don't let ABC or the FCC dictate how and what you watch on television.

Hehehehe, 20 bucks a month and you can keep the flixs as long as you want, and they're mailed to you with a return envelope!

KEWL!

Guitar Shark
11-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Agreed. I have Netflix and it is COOL!!!!!!!

Switch84
11-12-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Agreed. I have Netflix and it is COOL!!!!!!!

:killer: :bottle: :lol: :bananna:

blueturk
11-12-2004, 02:26 PM
I forgot to mention that ABC offered to cover any fines.That's what I meant by "cowardice".This could have been a great chance to make the FCC try to explain exactly what their definition of "profane" is.

Switch84
11-12-2004, 05:59 PM
:( Scaredy cat ABC! What do they think war is, Sesame Street? War is HELL, and it should be shown as it is!

Fuckin' cowards!

Angel
11-12-2004, 06:18 PM
Fuck I'm glad we don't have to deal with that kind of censorship. If you don't want to watch, change the fucking channel!

What a perfect day to run that movie, sorry you guys couldn't see it!

Switch84
11-13-2004, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by Angel
Fuck I'm glad we don't have to deal with that kind of censorship. If you don't want to watch, change the fucking channel!

What a perfect day to run that movie, sorry you guys couldn't see it!

:D Good thing we have Netflix, Blockbuster, Hollywood Video and other movie rental establishments!