View Full Version : Castro Says Bush Plotting to Kill Him

lucky wilbury
01-31-2004, 03:11 AM
http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/w-sa/2004/jan/30/013007983.html

Castro Says Bush Plotting to Kill Him
By ANDREA RODRIGUEZ
ASSOCIATED PRESS

HAVANA (AP) -

Fidel Castro accused President Bush on Friday of plotting with Miami exiles to kill him, and said he would die fighting if the United States ever invaded to oust him.

"I don't care how I die," Castro said at the end of a 5 1/2-hour speech that began Thursday night and continued into early Friday. "But rest assured, if they invade us, I'll die in combat."

The Cuban president didn't back up his accusations with details. He spoke at the close of a conference bringing together activists across the region who oppose the Free Trade Area of the Americas.

Castro has insisted over the past year that hardline Cuban exiles in Miami have been pressuring the Bush administration to invade the island - a charge U.S. officials deny.

Castro also has increasingly referred to his own mortality in recent years, promising to remain in power until his last breath.

"We know that Mr. Bush has committed himself to the mafia ... to assassinate me," the Cuban president said, using the term commonly employed here to describe anti-Castro Cuban Americans. "I said it once before and today I'll say it clearer: I accuse him!"

Castro has accused past U.S. administrations of seeking to assassinate him, and during his early years in power there were numerous documented cases of U.S.-sponsored attempts on his life.

The assassination of foreign leaders as U.S. policy was later banned in 1976 by an executive order signed by then-President Gerald Ford and reinforced by Presidents Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan.

Castro also criticized the Bush administration's Commission for a Free Cuba - a panel set up in October and headed by U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell.

When the United States announced creation of the commission, Powell suggested that the goal is not to ease Castro out but to plan a strategy for Cuba once the 77-year-old leader is no longer in power.

Earlier in his speech, Castro called on the more than 1,000 activists from across the Americas gathered here to work against the U.S.-backed free trade pact, which he said will only further impoverish their nations.

The Bush administration has progressively hardened its policies toward the island. Cuban authorities charge the strategy is aimed at wooing voters in Florida, home to most of the Cuban-American exiles living in the United States.

For more than four decades, the two countries have been without diplomatic ties and a U.S. trade embargo against the island makes most trade between the nations impossible, except for sales of farm products.

FORD
01-31-2004, 03:46 AM
It has long been my theory that Jeb and Junior have promised Poppy that they will complete his failed mission in Cuba before the old man is eternally relocated to Hell. And Poppy hasn't appeared too healthy in recent years, so it's entirely possible that Bay of Pigs II might be in the works.

Eyes of the Night
01-31-2004, 06:02 AM
Let's hope Jr does ... It was time to kick ass and take names and you libs can't handle the truth ... or have any balls ...

thanks
Eyes

Wayne L.
01-31-2004, 06:23 AM
Fidel Castro " should " have been killed a long time ago duringthe Kennedy administration back in the 60's but some " sensitive liberal souls " in his cabinet & the Democratic Party were against it but I " wouldn't " doubt it if President Bush goes after Castro since he is part of the axis of evil especially after the presidential election.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-31-2004, 09:01 AM
Sure, what's another 20,000 troops to deploy gonna hurt....

ELVIS
01-31-2004, 12:22 PM
Nothing!

it will create jobs!

Go hug a tree!

John Ashcroft
01-31-2004, 01:42 PM
If America was plotting to kill Castro, he's be dead already. It's an island off of Floriduh for Christ's sake!

Viking
01-31-2004, 02:57 PM
I think the old Commie's just starting to lose his marbles, myself. :D

Full Bug
01-31-2004, 03:07 PM
Five and a half hour speech? I wonder how many died from boredom listening to his crap, I bet those who dozed off were taken out back and shot.......

FORD
01-31-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
If America was plotting to kill Castro, he's be dead already. It's an island off of Floriduh for Christ's sake!

Uh, can you say "Bay of Pigs"?? That didn't work so well, did it?

Apparently the thousands of Cubans who sit in Miami and bitch, rather than go home and do something about it don't think it is easy either.

BTW, remember who was in charge of the Bay of Pigs...... another BCE failure.

Ally_Kat
01-31-2004, 04:24 PM
there's no need to plot his death. The man is due, unless he pulls a John Paul the Second on us all.

The mafia was Kennedy, and if the mafia was involved, Castro's ass woulda been grass by now a la JFK

Cathedral
01-31-2004, 04:43 PM
Castro has been on borrowed time for how many years?

I don't believe Bush is plotting to kill him. this is just another case of an evil dictator making claims that every Democrat will milk as just another thing to accuse Bush of.

I mean fuck, If it were up to you bleeding hearts, Saddam Hussein would still be living high on the hog in his palaces while he allowes his citizens to starve while trying to avoid being tortured and/or killed.

If we wanted Castro dead, he'd be dead long before you hear about it from the media.

Pink Spider
01-31-2004, 07:39 PM
Castro was more useful to the United States as a boogieman during the cold war, but not anymore.

It would be a foolish mistake to take Castro out by means of invasion. The Cuban army are no doubt well trained in guerrilla warfare. In fact the Cubans wrote the book on the subject. It would cost a lot of lives.

Besides, Cuba doesn't have any oil.

John Ashcroft
01-31-2004, 08:05 PM
Now Pinky's gonna give us a lesson on military doctrine?

Ford, it's safe to say our military has significantly increased it's capabilities since the bay of pigs (who ran that operation anyway?)

And Pinky. Fidel is a boogieman (although I doubt he dances much) to the people he tortures and kills on a daily basis. It's not a piece of fiction dreampt up by the United States government. His atrocities are well documented. I know you probably get moist when thinking of him, but normal people would rejoice at his demise. I just don't think the U.S. is paying Fidel much mind, as we are currently preoccupied elswhere.

Pink Spider
01-31-2004, 08:13 PM
Now Pinky's gonna give us a lesson on military doctrine?

Ford, it's safe to say our military has significantly increased it's capabilities since the bay of pigs (who ran that operation anyway?)

And Pinky. Fidel is a boogieman (although I doubt he dances much) to the people he tortures and kills on a daily basis. It's not a piece of fiction dreampt up by the United States government. His atrocities are well documented. I know you probably get moist when thinking of him, but normal people would rejoice at his demise. I just don't think the U.S. is paying Fidel much mind, as we are currently preoccupied elswhere.

Castro is mild compared to some of the dictators the US has supported. I would like to see him go, but I'm saying that it won't happen by anything other than natural causes. There's no major profit in it.

ELVIS
01-31-2004, 08:27 PM
Cuban army ???

What are you smoking ??

Cathedral
01-31-2004, 08:28 PM
On a warm sunny day, when we have awesome southerly winds blowing hard and constant.........

We Nuke Cuba!

Bay of Pigs you say?

More like a buffet of bacon........... ;)

Pink Spider
01-31-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Cuban army ???

National Liberation Front? What National Liberation Front?
Just think, how many times has the US been successful at invading a Communist country?

John Ashcroft
01-31-2004, 09:12 PM
How many successful Communist Coutries are left???

Cathedral
01-31-2004, 09:13 PM
To hell with invading, a couple of bombs and America's parking problems are solved..........

Pink Spider
01-31-2004, 09:24 PM
How many successful Communist Coutries are left???

Depends on the meaning of "successful". The Communist party (although splintered in ideology) most likely has more members worldwide than any other party. That's not an endorsement, just an observation.

John Ashcroft
01-31-2004, 09:42 PM
Well, we all know where your love lies in ideological terms...

Arguing that there are more dictators than elected leaders in the world hardly can be considered a reason to embrace communism... Is this the stance you're taking?

Pink Spider
01-31-2004, 10:11 PM
Well, we all know where your love lies in ideological terms...

Love is better than hate...you seem to have a lot of the latter.

Arguing that there are more dictators than elected leaders in the world hardly can be considered a reason to embrace communism... Is this the stance you're taking?

I said nothing about dictators. There are more Communist members than any other party.

Is Shrub a Communist "leader"?

John Ashcroft
01-31-2004, 10:18 PM
Not even a clever dodge.

Where do your beloved communist members live?

What kind of freedoms do they enjoy?

What is the punishment for political dissidents in their homelands?

Can the average citizen ever aspire to better him of herself?

What rewards are there for excellence under a communist system?

What kind of advancement can one expect in a communist system for being the best of one's trade?

Finally, how many mass graves have been created as a result of your beloved communist "revolutions"???

Seshmeister
01-31-2004, 10:22 PM
Meanwhile the cubans suffer because they can't get medicines because of the petty US policy.

Clinton was to sort things out but then got bought swapping votes for another bill.

Disgusting.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Seshmeister
01-31-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
To hell with invading, a couple of bombs and America's parking problems are solved..........

Listen to the 'Christian' right.

Your average Cuban doctor struggling to provide healthcare for all irrespective of means for $40 a month must be comforted by your words.

Cheers!

Cathedral
01-31-2004, 10:31 PM
Petty US Policy?
Oh, so we are supposed to supply the world with meds but we can't wage a war on Terror without getting the maranda read to us by every other piece of shit spineless country on earth?

Sesh, you should take a good look at how much Americans pay for prescriptions while the foreign countries we aide get the shit at a fraction of that cost.
It is the American Tax Payer that is paying the difference so everyone else can get theirs.

Seems like a damn generous policy to me...

John Ashcroft
01-31-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Meanwhile the cubans suffer because they can't get medicines because of the petty US policy.

Clinton was to sort things out but then got bought swapping votes for another bill.

Disgusting.

Cheers!

So you're saying that it's the U.S.'s fault that the Cuban people are denied basic medical care??? The same care that's denied to them because of their FUCKING COMMUNIST DICTATOR'S PARANOIA???

Dude, you're fucked up. Oh, and what's Great Britain's role in Cuba's plight for modern health care? What's yours? (Blaming America doesn't count...)

Disgusting indeed.

Cheers!

Seshmeister
01-31-2004, 10:36 PM
What's fucked up is the US vendetta against 1 man in Cuba.

If I was Castro I would have done the exact same thing after the revolution. The US drove him to communism by it's actions.

Cheers!

Cathedral
01-31-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Listen to the 'Christian' right.

Your average Cuban doctor struggling to provide healthcare for all irrespective of means for $40 a month must be comforted by your words.

Cheers!

Christian right?

I hardly fall under the definition of a Christian these days.

if the Cubans don't like it they can take over their country and fight for liberty and freedom like those Americans before us did.

John Ashcroft
01-31-2004, 10:40 PM
So we can count Sesh in on Castro's assasination?

Seshmeister
01-31-2004, 10:41 PM
You didn't claim back your country after the last Presidential coup...:)

I think think that you can hardly compare your US forefathers fight for less taxes and the right to make more money from slavery against just 4000 troops, to taking on a 20th century dicatator from within.

Cheers!

Cathedral
02-01-2004, 12:04 AM
Hey, there comes a point in every mans life where he has to Cowboy the fuck up, pull up the boot straps and kick some ass to get what they deserve.

What kind of fucking world do you see living in if the United States didn't exist, honestly?

You'd all be speaking German going on what, 60 years now?

Seshmeister
02-01-2004, 12:32 AM
There comes a point in every thinking mns life where you stop children from suffering because the policies of the US in the late 50s caused a little country down the road to say fuck you!

Cheers!

Cathedral
02-01-2004, 12:55 AM
LMMFAO, oh like we haven't heard that before.....

lucky wilbury
02-01-2004, 12:58 AM
the exploding cigar attempt failed the first time so i hope it gets tried again and it works.

Cathedral
02-01-2004, 01:12 AM
Hey, if the CIA will write a check to my mother for 10 Million Dollars, I'll go to Cuba and take the fucker out.

but only on the condition that if i fail and die in the process they can't take their money back, lol.

If i could manage one clean shot he'd be history...

rustoffa
02-01-2004, 01:19 AM
This is fucking laughable.....go read some t-shirt manifestos and fuck off.Anarchy after leftism?Castro's a killer.Guevara is a cigar store indian.I'd trade Easter Island for Cooba anyday of the week.....those scary monoliths might scare the fish off though

Gmoney
02-01-2004, 09:55 AM
The last I heard, Castro was spotted in Key West at a gay bar!! Did I forget to mention the cuban cigar up his ass??

Gmoney
02-01-2004, 09:57 AM
By the way, why don't we just drop a bomb on Cuba.

What is this country good for....cigars and mediocre utility infielders??

Va Beach VH Fan
02-01-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Nothing!

it will create jobs!

Go hug a tree!

Fuck you and everybody that looks like you.....

As a matter of fact, if you're so quick to make opinions on how the military should be used, step up to the plate and put your name on the dotted line.....

Hug a tree, give me a fucking break.....