PDA

View Full Version : Romeo Delight Tab ...

Eyes of the Night
01-31-2004, 04:01 AM
I can find 2 bars of the score on the net but not the whole enchilada ... help a brutha out n' shit ...

:gulp:

Thanks
Eyes

ThrillsNSpills
01-31-2004, 11:04 AM
http://home.epix.net/~tjwagner/tabbottle9.jpg

Yes you'll be able to play the intro and the solo to Romeo Delight just fine after some Tab.
TAB isn't the real thing. COKE is the real thing.
Now the descending part of the One Foot out the Door solo, that's a bitch. ;)

ELVIS
01-31-2004, 12:34 PM
I can play it pretty much exact.. (I know you believe me Eyes)...

I have never seen TAB for this song...

It's not difficult.. well the bend during "I told her Never in hell, no special reason
Musta lied 'cause I ain't leavin' We're in for a very long night." Is tricky, but not impossible...

Good luck...

:elvis:

ThrillsNSpills
01-31-2004, 03:30 PM
Warner books has sheet music and tab.
Curt Mitchell instructional videos are good usually.
I have the Warner tab for that but the scanner's down.
If you can get the intro to this then the intro to Mean Street becomes possible.
Try the US fest vid, you can see him on Romeo Delight.
Tab's too tedious for me, I got more done slowing stuff down.(which is tedious as well but gets easier)Good Luck

ELVIS
01-31-2004, 08:03 PM
The intro is simple.. If I weren't so lazy I would transcribe it myself...

Eyes of the Night
02-01-2004, 03:54 AM
Please transcribe it someday ... I tried and tried but can't do it ...

thanks

ThrillsNSpills
02-01-2004, 08:09 AM
what part are you needing most? I'm not scanning 15 pages but I can send you somethin.
Most of the intro is tapping on the 12th fret, low E.
then sliding fromE to D on A string and tapping the 10th fret while holding the D.
Second time around he taps the 9th fret during D note on the A string.

Eyes of the Night
02-01-2004, 08:29 AM
Nah man, the bends during the verse and then the change no solo required ...

ThrillsNSpills
02-01-2004, 12:51 PM
!

ThrillsNSpills
02-02-2004, 11:17 AM
I have 2 pages scanned but I can't post them.

On the verse he is hitting the b and g strings and fretting the third fret on the 2nd (B) string and bending the 3rd string, 2nd fret up a whole step. The string bend comes back down and the higher note is then slid down a half step.
The volume knob is off initially but you turn it up after hitting the 2 strings right before the first bend.

The same thing is repeated 5 frets higher, fretting 7th fret on G string(the string you bend) and the 8th fret on the B string (which you slide down a half step after you bend the G string back down)

Hope this helps. he's only bending one string here, and it's easy to think he is bending both of them. I don't know if he is sliding the top note down a half step or if he's fretted the lower note and pulls it off.
Sounds more complicated than it is.
I'll mail you the files if you want. PM I tried to post but got the red x bit so I deleted it.

Eyes of the Night
02-04-2004, 04:48 AM
Thanks dogg ... you're the first peep on over a year to actually help me out ... much appreaciated ...

ThrillsNSpills
02-04-2004, 08:20 AM
no problem.

Eyes of the Night
02-04-2004, 08:48 AM
:cool: ...

Yeah bro, I've been fucked up all night!