PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Should Become A Priest!!!!

diamond den™
11-12-2004, 01:21 PM
He is a good Christian :)

FORD
11-12-2004, 02:19 PM
But he's not Catholic.

diamond den™
11-12-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by FORD
But he's not Catholic.

But you are a RETARD. :(

Switch84
11-12-2004, 02:36 PM
But he's not Catholic.

:rolleyes: A Catholic is a Christian. We all believe in the Holy Trinity. Some of us just have different religious practices, but we worship the same God. Protestants, Pentecostal, Methodist, Episcopalian, whatever! We're all Christians.

:D They all have their versions of a 'priest' anyway. Some kind of a ruling body.

diamond den™
11-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:rolleyes: A Catholic is a Christian. We all believe in the Holy Trinity. Some of us just have different religious practices, but we worship the same God. Protestants, Pentecostal, Methodist, Episcopalian, whatever! We're all Christians.

:D They all have their versions of a 'priest' anyway. Some kind of a ruling body.

FORD is a communist :D

Cathedral
11-12-2004, 03:15 PM
And you're a dead man walking...

FORD
11-12-2004, 03:23 PM

Granted, but "priest" is Catholic terminology (or Episcopalian) and neither is likely to ordain a Southern Protestant such as Mr Presley. (Forget whether he's Baptist or Pentecostal or whatever, but those are the two most likely in the South)

Ally_Kat
11-12-2004, 03:29 PM
Episcopalians have priests? I thought they had ministers?

FORD
11-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat

No, I'm pretty sure they copied the whole Catholic hierarchy. Priests, Bishops, and Archbishops anwyay. Not sure if they have Cardinals, and when it started out as the Anglican church across the Pond they recognized the King of England as "Pope", so I'm not sure where that went with the American branch.

Figs
11-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Don't tell me I can't get a divorce you fucker!

Nickdfresh
11-12-2004, 03:41 PM
No, I'm pretty sure they copied the whole Catholic hierarchy. Priests, Bishops, and Archbishops anwyay. Not sure if they have Cardinals, and when it started out as the Anglican church across the Pond they recognized the King of England as "Pope", so I'm not sure where that went with the American branch.

I think the Archbishop of Canterbury is the actual ranking religious figure. Could you imagine this queen as your Pope?

Figs
11-12-2004, 03:46 PM
I think Henry VIII was the original head of the Church of England, but at some point the leadership was changed from the Monarch to the Archbishop...

Nickdfresh
11-12-2004, 03:51 PM

I think what he means Switch is that all of Panda-Molesters Northern Ireland bullshit has a lot to do with the conflict between Catholics (IRA)and Protestants (UDA) there (mostly Presbyterians & a few Anglicans).

Ally_Kat
11-12-2004, 03:54 PM

Yeah, you're right. It looks very similar

---

The Episcopal Church takes its name from the Greek word episcopos, meaning overseer or governor. Theologically, bishops are considered to be successors to the Apostles. Bishops, therefore, have the two-fold responsibility for the apostolic mission of the Church and for the oversight of that mission within a given geographic area, the Diocese. The bishops are members of the House of Bishops of the Episcopal Church in the United States of America.

Bishops confer Holy Orders upon deacons, priests, and other bishops, and administer the rite of Confirmation in addition to the usual priestly services. They visit the congregations, meet with the clergy, administer Confirmation, and preach the Word.

Switch84
11-12-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I think what he means Switch is that all of Panda-Molesters Northern Ireland bullshit has a lot to do with the conflict between Catholics (IRA)and Protestants (UDA) there (mostly Presbyterians & a few Anglicans).

:o :D Oh. BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA!!!

LoungeMachine
11-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by diamond den™
FORD is a communist :D

Just when I think you can't possibly get any dumber................

Way to reach for the stars, Gump.

BTW, red-baiting is over. Read a newspaper every now and again.

[when you're done with the employment section]

Nickdfresh
11-12-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Just when I think you can't possibly get any dumber................

Way to reach for the stars, Gump.

BTW, red-baiting is over. Read a newspaper every now and again.

[when you're done with the employment section]

What makes you think this shitbag even is looking for a job?

BigBadBrian
11-12-2004, 04:26 PM

Some people refer to Episcopalian as Catholic Lite. :gulp:

FORD
11-13-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Some people refer to Episcopalian as Catholic Lite. :gulp:

Yep... all the rituals with half the guilt. ;)

Or so I've heard... I'm a recovering Baptist myself.

ELVIS
11-13-2004, 04:40 PM
I am of no denomination...

Our church is a church of Jesus Christ...

:elvis:

FORD
11-13-2004, 04:45 PM
Of latter day saints? ;)

http://www.transporter.com/apologia/images/mormonplan.gif

ELVIS
11-13-2004, 04:54 PM
No...:D

I've been taking christian foundation classes and the guy teaching it is a former catholic. During one of the classes, he and a few others started talking negatively about the catholic faith...

I said that I believed that catholics and all other people who claim other christian denominations are our brothers and sisters, and that negative discussions such as this created divisions...

Needless to say, that was the end of the catholic bashing, and class resumed...;)

Mezro
11-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
No...:D

I've been taking christian foundation classes and the guy teaching it is a former catholic. During one of the classes, he and a few others started talking negatively about the catholic faith...

I said that I believed that catholics and all other people who claim other christian denominations are our brothers and sisters, and that negative discussions such as this created divisions...

Needless to say, that was the end of the catholic bashing, and class resumed...;)

You are a real decent guy Elvis.

Mezro...even though I'm not part of the "God Squad" it is still nice to see good people treating others with respect...

ELVIS
11-13-2004, 05:13 PM
Thankya very much...:D

Jesus Christ
11-13-2004, 06:01 PM

Excellent response, Gregory.

For it is written that a House divided against itself cannot stand and the same is true with My church.

And verily, the standard is not where, or even if, ye attend church services, but whether or not ye live according to My teachings. :)

ELVIS
11-13-2004, 06:19 PM
Yes, but faith comes through hearing...

HELLVIS
11-13-2004, 07:23 PM
I saw a priest with a pair of little boy's briefs taped to his arm.

Confused by this, I asked, "What's with the underwear on your arm?"

He replied, "I'm trying to cut down, so I'm on the patch".

Viking
11-13-2004, 07:43 PM
LMFAO@HELLVIS. :D

I gotta agree with ELVIS - I was born, baptized, and raised as a Methodist, but I don't play that 'Catholic vs. Protestant' crap. Hell, my sister is the same way; she married a devout Catholic, and attends Mass - doesn't even come with the rest of the family for Candlelight Services, she's with her husband. That's cool. I figure it's like football - we might all have our own home team, but in the end, it's football. And I don't think for a minute that God has a problem with that.

:killer: :killer: :killer: :killer:

HELLVIS
11-15-2004, 11:59 PM
I was born and raised catholic. Now I'm all grown up, and a practicing pain-in-the-ass!

ELVIS
11-16-2004, 12:08 AM
Repent!

Where there's breath, there's hope...;)

Ally_Kat
11-16-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ

And verily, the standard is not where, or even if, ye attend church services, but whether or not ye live according to My teachings. :)

But what about #3?

Ally_Kat
11-16-2004, 12:19 AM
Yep... all the rituals with half the guilt. ;)

Or so I've heard... I'm a recovering Baptist myself.

I wouldn't feel right without the guilt; it's what drives most Catholics. lol

We need to get JG on here so he can tell you how many times he's told me to STOP saying I'm sorry. lol

ELVIS
11-16-2004, 12:21 AM
I don't believe a person can live by the teachings of Christ without being a part of the body of Christ...

By body I mean being an active member of a church of Jesus Christ...

FORD
11-16-2004, 12:36 AM
And what church did Jesus attend?

Ally_Kat
11-16-2004, 12:50 AM
didn't he go to temple?

ELVIS
11-16-2004, 01:03 AM
And what church did Jesus attend?

His own!

FORD
11-16-2004, 01:14 AM
didn't he go to temple?

There's no record of regular attendance in the Scriptures.

The Temple is only mentioned 4 times in the Gospels...

1) When He was preaching the Scriptures at the age of 12 and impressing the Rabbis with His knowledge.

2) When He returned to Jerusalem and got pissed off at the money changers, and trashed the place.

3) When He was brought before the priests and the Sanhedrin on His way to being crucified

4) The Temple veil was split in two at the moment Jesus died. :(

At no point is there a mention of Jesus and the Apostles attending regular Saturday worship services.

lms2
11-16-2004, 01:18 AM
When people gather in the name of the Lord to worship him, and study his teachings, you have a congregation. A particular building, a date certain, a standard time, and an affiliation all have little to do with the word of God.

Attending Sunday service doesn't do much good if you are thinking about Sunday dinner throughout the service... and that's the same whether you are Catholic, Baptist, or whatnot.

FORD
11-16-2004, 01:20 AM
His own!

If you mean that JC travelled around giving impromtu sermons and parable teachings, and healing the sick (with a ressurection or two along the way) then you would be correct. But that doesn't translate into mandatory Sundays at 10:00 AM (or earlier for you Catholics)

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against church. My sister actually attends one that's pretty cool, but it's 200 miles away, so that's a bit of a commute for Sunday morniing.

If it works for you, great. I just don't see it as a requirement. If I need to talk to God, I know where to find Him :)

ELVIS
11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
I hear you, and I beleve you...

I also think that there is a church of christ nearby that you should attend...

Dr. Love
11-16-2004, 08:01 AM
ROFL! I love Diamond Den's new tag and all. Great, whomever did that.

Nickdfresh
11-16-2004, 08:02 AM
I need to brush up on my Bible. Has anyone ever read John Milton's "Paradise Lost?" A worthy read whether thou are Christian or not.

Denny
11-16-2004, 08:06 AM
Hello, I like panda weenies

Nickdfresh
11-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Denny
Hello, I like panda weenies

We know where you live Panda cocksucker. Keep it up. I dare you.

WACF
11-16-2004, 10:32 AM
Christ said, "upon this rock I will build my church" Matthew 16:16-18

I believe that is where the whole go to church thing started....Peter was entrusted with the 'Keys of the Kingdom"...which I was taught as a Catholic where the sacraments.

Peter was to become the vicar of Chirst...the first Pope of the Universal(Catholic) Church...

Elvis...I love your answer in class.
People get wrapped up in their faith and believe that if you do not go through the same door you are wrong...a very anti-christian behavior.

I had Mormons try and convert me 6 or 7 years ago...nice guys but when it came to the crunch they believed they were going to heaven and the rest of us were burning...regardless of how we lived our lives.
Convert or burn....could not believe the arrorgance...

WACF
11-16-2004, 10:32 AM
Pandas do not have a soul.....

FORD
11-16-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by WACF
Pandas do not have a soul.....

Neither does Dumbass Den. That's why he likes pandas.

Ally_Kat
11-16-2004, 01:47 PM
There's no record of regular attendance in the Scriptures.

Nor of bodily movements, but we assume those happened ;)

1) When He was preaching the Scriptures at the age of 12 and impressing the Rabbis with His knowledge.

And what did lil Jesus tell his mother...?

Jesus Christ
11-16-2004, 01:56 PM
And what did lil Jesus tell his mother...?

In thy modern vernacular, it would be translated as "Ma, I'm WORKIN here". ;)