PDA

View Full Version : Does John Kerry Like The Beach Boys????

diamond den™
11-12-2004, 01:34 PM
I BET HE DOES!!!!

:)

FORD
11-12-2004, 01:48 PM
http://www.johnkerryandtheelectras.com/Images/ElectrasPic.jpg

Wayne L.
11-12-2004, 04:54 PM
It doesn't matter whether you're a Republican or a Democrat, liberal or conservative, if you don't like the Beach Boys you're an idiot.

FORD
11-13-2004, 05:49 PM
Am I the only one who is totally appalled by the "new" version of "Good Vibrations"??

Those lyrics sound like something Hagar would have written when he was 14

Rikk
11-14-2004, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Am I the only one who is totally appalled by the "new" version of "Good Vibrations"??

Do you mean on the new SMILE? I thought the lyrics are exactly the same. I was against a re-recorded SMILE when I first heard about it. But it's damn brilliant. The best album I've heard in years. And I had those boots of it for ten years now.

Warham
11-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by FORD

Don't offend Tony Asher by saying that.

Tony Asher wrote some of those 'new' lyrics, which is actuality are older than the ones on the 1966 version that is known as the definative version.

Tony also wrote almost all of the lyrics on Pet Sounds, one of the top records ever.

FORD
11-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Don't offend Tony Asher by saying that.

Tony Asher wrote some of those 'new' lyrics, which is actuality are older than the ones on the 1966 version that is known as the definative version.

Tony also wrote almost all of the lyrics on Pet Sounds, one of the top records ever.

See, that's what I don't get. I figured Asher wrote the lyrics, but it must have been an early draft or whatever. Brian should have left that one alone. You don't need to fuck with one of the best singles you ever had.

Warham
11-14-2004, 01:02 PM
Asher wrote the original early lyrics, but they were scrapped in favor of the ones Mike Love wrote.

The credits on the 'definative version' are Wilson/Love.

The credits on the 'alternate version' are Wilson/Asher/Love.

In both versions, Love is credited with coming up with the 'I'm pickin' up good vibrations, she's givin' me excitations' line.