PDA

View Full Version : FBI Looking for Fuel Tanker

Nickdfresh
11-12-2004, 08:11 PM
FBI seeks help in missing fuel tanker case
Friday, November 12, 2004 Posted: 2:12 PM EST (1912 GMT)

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A missing fuel tanker, initially thought to be stolen for parts, is causing concern among federal law enforcement officials, who are appealing to the public for help.

The 44-foot gasoline tanker was stolen in April from a parking lot in Pennsauken, New Jersey.

The FBI's Philadelphia division has released a photograph of a chrome-plated tanker similar to the one taken from TK Transport Terminal over the Easter weekend of April 10-11.

"We're asking the public to be on the lookout for a fuel tanker in a location inconsistent with where you'd typically see an oil or gasoline delivery," FBI spokeswoman Jerri Williams said.

Williams said investigators initially believed the tanker was stolen for parts or to dump toxic waste illegally.

"If that were the case, we would have found the carcass" of the tanker, she said.

"We're very concerned. It's been almost seven months, and we still haven't found it," she said.

The FBI released this photo of a tanker similar to the one stolen in Pennsauken, New Jersey.

ODShowtime
11-12-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
FBI seeks help in missing fuel tanker case

"We're asking the public to be on the lookout for a fuel tanker in a location inconsistent with where you'd typically see an oil or gasoline delivery," FBI spokeswoman Jerri Williams said.

"We're very concerned. It's been almost seven months, and we still haven't found it," she said.

I love how we broadcast our incompetence now.:rolleyes:

Big Train
11-13-2004, 04:11 AM
Yet their successes are still a secret to most...is a cross they bear OD, so people can sit in the cheap seats and second guess with a random fact or two...

Switch84
11-13-2004, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
Yet their successes are still a secret to most...is a cross they bear OD, so people can sit in the cheap seats and second guess with a random fact or two...

;) Like our beloved conspiracy theory expert, Ford and his lap dog, Demon Cunt?

Gotcha, BT!

LMMFAOBT

ODShowtime
11-13-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Big Train

Believe me Train, I am well aware that the most crucial security successes must remain secret.

My point is that this alert is pretty useless if you ask me. How many such tankers are on the road today? How similar do they all look? How hard is it to paint a cab to disguise it from the one that was stolen? How hard to forge or steal plates? If someone had the rest of the equipment needed to use this for destructive purposes, they would surely have a garage to hide it in.

lms2
11-13-2004, 10:53 AM
True, but someone could see a fuel tanker in a place or situation and it could strike them as odd, but they wouldn't say anything simply because it is such a common thing... however if that same person had read this....

Hey, there is nothing wrong in asking for help. IMO.

Nickdfresh
11-13-2004, 11:08 AM
A tanker filled with ammonia nitrate would make one hell of a suicide bomb.:(