PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time you got beat up at a Dead Kennedys show?

rustoffa
11-13-2004, 02:19 AM
When was the last time you got beat up at a Dead Kennedys show?

I'm betting none of you ***** motherfuckers have and niether have I.:D

That being said, I did experience quite the skinhead bar fight once after smashing Henry Rollins in the face with a full cup of beer at a Black Flag show.

It had nothing to do with hating Black Flag or anything, I just did it and everything went haywire.

Post your ass-kicking/ass-getting-beat stories here.

EbDawson
11-13-2004, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa

That being said, I did experience quite the skinhead bar fight once after smashing Henry Rollins in the face with a full cup of beer at a Black Flag show.

It had nothing to do with hating Black Flag or anything, I just did it and everything went haywire.

What happened, did Rollins come after you? I dig Rollins but it seems like a waste of Beer to me.

Panamark
11-13-2004, 07:39 AM
Holiday in Cambodia !!!

Umm.. actually Ive never seen one of their gigs ??

Russ, you really gotta take some of that anger to a Hagar gig.
I know, smack a bottle of Cabo Wabo over his fat noggin !!
Then watch Edwina hit the stage face first licking the spillage....

bueno bob
11-13-2004, 01:47 PM
When was the last time you got beat up at a Dead Kennedys show?

I'm betting none of you ***** motherfuckers have and niether have I.:D

Post your ass-kicking/ass-getting-beat stories here.

It's punk, dude...anger, hating the band, doesn't matter...skinhead punks don't need a reason to fight, just so long as they can - I've known more than my share, and if there's anything I've learned from them, it's that :)

Um...two fights including musicians - I was at Bruce Dickinson's show and somebody made the mistake of throwing water on him while he was on stage...he saw the guy dude it and the results weren't pretty :) but to Bruce's credit, he got the job done during Adrian Smith's lead and never missed a beat when it came time to start singing again...

Secondly was when I watched Glenn Danzig kick the shit out of three people in the front row who pissed him off by saying Blackacidevil sucked or something, I don't remember what.

Note to self: Do not piss off musicians on stage...

Nickdfresh
11-13-2004, 01:56 PM
I find that band name to be quite disrespectful.

Figs
11-13-2004, 03:07 PM
I saw the DK's in Cleveland, Variety Theatre, in 1986. They allowed stage diving (which was cool 'cause Blag Flag did not). The show ended with Jello Biafra jumping into the crowd and punching some dude a few times. I don't know what the hell his problem was.

After the few punches, he climbs up back on stage and says, "You jocks got a lot to learn," and the show was over. I think the only song we missed was Holiday in Cambodia, their closing number.

Good show, one weird feeling was a stage dive I did and ended up on the floor. Once you are on the floor in the pit it is very hard to stand up i. I just remember it looking like a sea of legs. After about a minute someone finally helped me up.

Rikk
11-14-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Figs
I saw the DK's in Cleveland, Variety Theatre, in 1986.

Lucky bastard!!:D I was too young to see 'em. And they broke up right after their '86 gigs!

Isn't it funny how the guitarist, drummer and bass player of the Dead Kennedys are currently touring under that name with a no-name singer, trying to act as if it's the same band?? LOL. Familiar, anyone?

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/6558/DKLIVE2.JPG

Figs
11-14-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Rikk

Isn't it funny how the guitarist, drummer and bass player of the Dead Kennedys are currently touring under that name with a no-name singer, trying to act as if it's the same band?? LOL. Familiar, anyone?

I didn't know that! That's fucked up!

Loki
11-14-2004, 11:11 AM
once, while listening to the soothing melodies of the lady freya, mine more rambunctious cousin thrym didst elbow mine eye, curse him and his kind.

Rikk
11-14-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Figs
I didn't know that! That's fucked up!

It's true. They're touring without Biafra. In fact, they've gone through two singers. They can't fix things personally with him, so they're touring clubs, playing all the old songs and ignoring the fact that he's not there. It's ridiculous.

Biafra hates those guys now.

Atomic_Rob
11-14-2004, 05:32 PM
I can't remember the name of the band the guy was from, but they were supporting the mighty Aerosmith, and someone in the crowd threw a bottle and it hit this vocalist in the face, bounced off 30 feet.

This guy then started to shout and go ballistic at this guy in the crowd, and he threw a bottle at him, it missed and broke the girl's next to him nose. He then completely lost it and tried to drop kick this guy in the face, missed him and broke another girls nose, but then proceeded to smack 7 different kinds of shit out of this guy.

Saw it on one of these programmes about sex drugs and rock n roll. Roth's Central Park Canabis arrest was on the same programme.

rustoffa
11-14-2004, 08:00 PM
I went to see Agent Orange a few years back at the Somber Reptile here in the ATL.

Some shit was going on between the bass player and the drummer. A few songs later, the drummer went to throw his sticks into the crowd and one of 'em hit the bass player.

The bass player threw his shit down and just dove over the drum kit swinging.

Needless to say, the angst immediately filtered into the crowd and it turned into a free-for all. I was with a couple of friends and we just stuck together and picked spots....some fucker hit me with a serving tray and took off like it was all fun and games. I finally saw that dude, chop-blocked the shit out of him, and listened to him yell about his knee for a few seconds 'til we hauled ass.

diamondsgirl
11-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Loki
once, while listening to the soothing melodies of the lady freya, mine more rambunctious cousin thrym didst elbow mine eye, curse him and his kind.

LMAO! :D

Loki
11-14-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
LMAO! :D

:gulp: cheers, fair lady.

hankster
04-13-2007, 12:38 AM
I went to see Agent Orange a few years back at the Somber Reptile here in the ATL.

Some shit was going on between the bass player and the drummer. A few songs later, the drummer went to throw his sticks into the crowd and one of 'em hit the bass player.

The bass player threw his shit down and just dove over the drum kit swinging.

Needless to say, the angst immediately filtered into the crowd and it turned into a free-for all. I was with a couple of friends and we just stuck together and picked spots....some fucker hit me with a serving tray and took off like it was all fun and games. I finally saw that dude, chop-blocked the shit out of him, and listened to him yell about his knee for a few seconds 'til we hauled ass.

Type O Negative & Pantera, June 95, my late dear friend Agata and i were listening to +o- when they decided to break into We Hate White People, well the black people that were in the pit must have too, because it was a race riot for about an hr, my friend, yes she was a girl kicked mucho ass, kept me safe cause my ass was not up to 100% but I did get a few shots in, but Phil Anselmo came out and threatened not to perform, so it kinda cooled off a bit. I however never went to see +o- live again

binnie
04-13-2007, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Atomic_Rob
I can't remember the name of the band the guy was from, but they were supporting the mighty Aerosmith, and someone in the crowd threw a bottle and it hit this vocalist in the face, bounced off 30 feet.

This guy then started to shout and go ballistic at this guy in the crowd, and he threw a bottle at him, it missed and broke the girl's next to him nose. He then completely lost it and tried to drop kick this guy in the face, missed him and broke another girls nose, but then proceeded to smack 7 different kinds of shit out of this guy.

Saw it on one of these programmes about sex drugs and rock n roll. Roth's Central Park Canabis arrest was on the same programme.

Was that Skid Row?

Anonymous
04-13-2007, 06:30 AM

Originally posted by binnie
Was that Skid Row?

Yeah, it was Skid Row. Bastian is a mean motherfucker. He just LOOKS gay, but he's a mean motherfucker.

Have you seen his wife on that Supergroup reality show thingy?

Motherfucker! :D

Cheers! :bottle:

binnie
04-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
Yeah, it was Skid Row. Bastian is a mean motherfucker. He just LOOKS gay, but he's a mean motherfucker.

Have you seen his wife on that Supergroup reality show thingy?

Motherfucker! :D

Yup, I'm a massive Bach fan, always have been.

What's even cooler about his wife is that she's been known to do a little girl on girl shit in front of Bach. One lucky motherfucker...

Hardrock69
04-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Only a few years ago a friend attended a DIO show I think in Atlanta....well, she says she saw the following:
Someone in the audience pissed him off and suddenly he jumps off the stage and beats the shit out of the motherfucker.....

That woulda been a sight to behold!
:D

Anonymous
04-24-2007, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Yup, I'm a massive Bach fan, always have been.

What's even cooler about his wife is that she's been known to do a little girl on girl shit in front of Bach. One lucky motherfucker...

THAT woman did girl on girl in front of that bastard?????

It's official - for the first time ever, I envy someone. I want to be like Sebastian when I grow up.

ace diamond
04-27-2007, 04:48 PM
I REALLY DO NOT REMEMBER. I WAS REALLY FUCKING WASTED. ALL I CAN RECALL IS IT WAS IN THE EARLY 90'S WHEN I WAS STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL. I WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING IN THE HOSPITAL WITH SOME STITCHES ON THE TOP OF MY HEAD AND A CAST ON MY RIGHT HAND BECAUSE MY THUMB WAS BROKEN. I HAD A BAD HANGOVER AND I WAS COVERED IN BLOOD. JUDGING BY THAT ALONE, I AM GUESSING I HAD A DAMN GOOD TIME.

Mr. Vengeance
04-27-2007, 06:37 PM
No one ever did. But I heard Jeterstar got assraped in the front row at a show.

BIG FUCKING SHOCKER!!!!

chi-town324
04-27-2007, 06:46 PM

Saw it on one of these programmes about sex drugs and rock n roll. Roth's Central Park Canabis arrest was on the same programme. damn that was some show huh?

rustoffa
04-28-2007, 12:26 AM
I'm trying to remember if I've posted the story about Gibby Haynes crying after this dude let his dog loose.

That's a long story...pretty funny though!

Let's focus on the story about me almost getting killed by an entire amphitheater!!

A few years back, a friend told me about some free tickets he had to a Todd Rundgren show. Since there was nothing else worth doing, I decided to go. Lo and behold, the merch booth at the venue was displaying PETER FRAMPTON shirts! I went, "check it out...Todd Rundgren ain't here tonight...it's fucking Peter Frampton!" Everyone else was happy about the change in plans but me. I still don't know why. Fast-forward....fucking Frampton's camel was just wearing and tearing. The fucker was doing a tap dance on an effects board the size of half a sheet of plywood. There were these fat whores behind us that just kept screaming and shit...like fucking raspy crows. It wasn't just the screaming...they repeatedly kicked the back of my chair, and eventually handed me an empty bottle of wine. Right after that, the little woman decided to leave...said some shit like, "we should probably go" Right after THAT, and just about the same exact moment, someone asked me if we were leaving, and I grabbed one of of the fat whores' Frampton LP covers and threw it like a frisbee. I immediately started to leave, and one of the fat whores fell down. I guess people thought I pushed her down....just throngs of people pointing and yelling at me. Needless to say, I hauled ass, just fucking running like hell. Made it out of there alive!

bueno bob
04-28-2007, 02:49 AM
I'm trying to remember if I've posted the story about Gibby Haynes crying after this dude let his dog loose.

That's a long story...pretty funny though!

Let's focus on the story about me almost getting killed by an entire amphitheater!!

A few years back, a friend told me about some free tickets he had to a Todd Rundgren show. Since there was nothing else worth doing, I decided to go. Lo and behold, the merch booth at the venue was displaying PETER FRAMPTON shirts! I went, "check it out...Todd Rundgren ain't here tonight...it's fucking Peter Frampton!" Everyone else was happy about the change in plans but me. I still don't know why. Fast-forward....fucking Frampton's camel was just wearing and tearing. The fucker was doing a tap dance on an effects board the size of half a sheet of plywood. There were these fat whores behind us that just kept screaming and shit...like fucking raspy crows. It wasn't just the screaming...they repeatedly kicked the back of my chair, and eventually handed me an empty bottle of wine. Right after that, the little woman decided to leave...said some shit like, "we should probably go" Right after THAT, and just about the same exact moment, someone asked me if we were leaving, and I grabbed one of of the fat whores' Frampton LP covers and threw it like a frisbee. I immediately started to leave, and one of the fat whores fell down. I guess people thought I pushed her down....just throngs of people pointing and yelling at me. Needless to say, I hauled ass, just fucking running like hell. Made it out of there alive!

Ha!

Glad you two made it out safe...fuckin' O...

ace diamond
05-02-2007, 10:38 PM
bloody fucking hell!!!

i mean, i know frampton just plain fucking sucks balls.......but damn dude....you are one lucky motherfucker!!!!

remember the immortal wisdon of RJD:"IF YOU LISTEN TO FOOLS, THE MOB RULES"

never said you couldn't outsmart the fuckers!

lol

FORD
05-11-2007, 12:54 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pkqtfuyC5Fs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pkqtfuyC5Fs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

BASTAGE
05-24-2007, 08:18 PM
When I saw the Rollins Band in '92, some guy got onstage presumably to stage dive. He got right beside Henry, who grabbed the guy by the shirt and the belt and tossed him into the crowd. The guy had serious hang time, too.

On the other side of the coin, I saw Gov't Mule at the Ryman in Nashville a few years ago and as the show was winding down, they started playing Soulshine. I was standing there focused on the stage and felt something brush against my sleeve. No biggie. It happened again and I turned to see the neo-hippie standing on the other side of my friend and they were swaying to the music and trying to get me to join in. I shook my head no, thinking that would be enough. I just wanted to watch the damn show. The swaying neo-hippie grabbed at my sleeve again and I said "Fuck you." He tried it again and I made it an obvious "FUCK YOU!" and he left me alone. I looked over later and he was sitting and looked seriously bummed. I guess I harshed his mellow.

No fisticuffs or anything. But I wondered if I had a wanted poster circulating on the jam band circuit after that.

Unchainme
05-24-2007, 08:22 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eYS-YsRVlU0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eYS-YsRVlU0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Cleveland Punk Rock!

"The Plague were a Cleveland, Ohio hardcore band of the 1980's. They were one of the few from that scene that managed to see out the decade. Their song "Nazi Submarine" was always a crowd pleaser. But when the band toured Germany, they decided to drop it from their set list, fearing it might offend audiences. But when they got there, the crowds screamed for "Nazi Submarine" everywhere they went. This video combines footage from a show the band did circa 1985 with scenes from their reunion gig twenty years later. The group's original bassist, Duke Snyder, seen in the older footage, passed away in 1992."