PDA

View Full Version : Bouncebackability

Shaun Ponsonby
11-13-2004, 08:30 AM
I don't know iof anybody has heard this word-but it's really getting around. It was originated by Crystal Palace (English Football team) Manager Ian Dowie-and a campaign has been started by British SKY TV show 'Soccer AM' (Saturdays 9am-midday) TO GET IT IN THE DICTIONARY. This is definatley THE best footie show in the world. Even if you only do watch it for the cheesey jokes and the soccerette (woman who comes on and models a tight T-shirt-sometimes they get her to jump on a trampoline-but they ain't done that for a while).

Anyways-BOUNCEBACKABILITY IS THE BEST WORD EVER. PLEASE USE IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE (TO GET IN THE DICTIONARY-YOU NEED IT TO BE COMMONLY USED). Make it international. Actually, if anybody could come up with a Spanish transltion or something-it would really help us sad bastards who are going THIS far to make such a stupid thing happen.

twonabomber
11-13-2004, 08:45 AM
your new word sucks.

:D

Shaun Ponsonby
11-13-2004, 09:57 AM
Isn't mine, It's Ian Dowie's. But, being from Ohio, you wont know who that is. It's a British thing, I don't expect many Americans to get it-no offence-it's just the strange British mind. Still, I'd rather listen to someone say; 'Bouncebackability' than someone say 'Radical' or whatever you say over there. No offence to any Americans. And, hey, you wouldn't get a morning show were a woman wears a tight top and jumps up and down on a trampoline for 2 or 3 minutes, but we do here. Bouncebackability is being said everywhere here in the UK. It's being said on all things sport, on the Lottery, on soaps-in magazines and some of the most respectable papers in the country. If so many people are saying it (internet search engine counted 63,000 according to Soccer AM today), and if you can buy T-shirts with that word on, then it can't suck that much.

lms2
11-13-2004, 10:48 AM
so does bouncebackabiliity have a technical "meaning" or does it refer to the woman on the tramps boobs?

Shaun Ponsonby
11-13-2004, 10:59 AM
It's the ability to bounce back

lms2
11-13-2004, 11:02 AM
duh, that makes sense... I just wondered if when people used it, if it had special meaning. you know, like a code word. Like Bad does not mean Bad, and Sweet does not necessarily refer to taste...

Shaun Ponsonby
11-13-2004, 11:06 AM
It hasn't been around for long enough-only about a month or 2

ashstralia
11-13-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
It's the ability to bounce back

f*ck, lmao...
that was straight out of spinal tap...
"these go to 11"

shaun, we've just started getting
"little britain" here.
it's the funniest shit,
those guys are brilliant!
'i want THAT one' he he he

Shaun Ponsonby
11-13-2004, 11:11 AM
hmmm, yeah

ashstralia
11-13-2004, 11:15 AM
he he...

pms
11-13-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
BOUNCEBACKABILITY

:wow:

Golden AWe
11-13-2004, 05:55 PM
i wonder if dowie can use the ability to avoid the elevator-movement back to the first division...:D

GO SUNDERLAND!

Shaun Ponsonby
11-14-2004, 05:11 AM
It's Coca-Cola Championship now, though, isn't it? Why the fuck did they change the names of the leagues? I prefer the old money, personally.

Golden AWe
11-14-2004, 05:18 AM
yup.

besides, three teams "win" the championship anyway, getting the promotion...

ten years ago i would've never thought that WIGAN is going to play in the premiership, like they seem to do after this season...

Shaun Ponsonby
11-14-2004, 05:31 AM
Ah, that's because Wigan have shown great BOUNCEBACKABILITY

FORD
11-14-2004, 10:57 AM
"bouncebackability"?? Sounds like something the Chimp would say...
http://www.bartcop.com/ape-bush.jpg

nosuchluck
11-14-2004, 11:07 AM
LOL@pic

'bouncebackability' is rather lame though...

CROWBAR
11-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Here we have a fine example of bouncebackability as displayed by the wonderful diamondgirl69!:D