PDA

View Full Version : Weather Update

diamondsgirl
11-13-2004, 04:26 PM
WTF? :eek:
We got a couple of inches of snow here in the Boston area last night. Much too early for that shit, IMO. :mad:

Whats it doing in your neck of the woods?

Figs
11-13-2004, 04:28 PM
60 miles north of NYC...

It freakin' snowed man!

and I still need to get up on the roof and clean the gutters...

Golden AWe
11-13-2004, 04:41 PM
about +5 five in on a saturday night

raining and windy

it's snowing in some parts of Lapland = north part of Finland

Switch84
11-13-2004, 04:45 PM
:D SNOW??? BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!

Down here in the ATL we're riding the mid to high 60s. At night the temp does drop to the cool 40s. We've had some rain, too.

Back home in Detroit it's getting a bit frosty, with a speck of early snow. Too early, just like DG said!

Golden AWe
11-13-2004, 05:02 PM
I'll hire Diamondsgrrrl to be The Official Weather Grrrl of the Roth Army...

since we're in favor of straight talk here, you could also be The Weather Bitch of Hitchland - that job would pay you a lot better, plus we're taking over the world and you could be a part of it - interested?

Mezro
11-13-2004, 05:04 PM
Sunny and 66 here in San Francisco.

Mezro...I do not miss snow one bit...

FORD
11-13-2004, 05:05 PM
Mostly Cloudy and 56° here in FORD Country.

And on the subject of weather, those of you who have dumped that piece of shit Microsoft Browser in favor of Mozilla's Firefox need to check this out! (https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&id=268&vid=979)

You can have your local forecast in the status bar of your browser without going to the weather channel web site, and it's not spyware like that "weather bug" crap is.

And if you don't have Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox) yet, then what the Hell are you waiting for?

Nickdfresh
11-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Sunny, but brisk with tempertures getting up around only 40 today. That's strange because it usually snows in Buffalo before it does downstate or in MA.

CROWBAR
11-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Anything above 25 degrees is tropical! Ain't snowin' enuf!

smaz
11-13-2004, 05:35 PM
Cold at night, fairly chilly during the day. And sod all that weather website stuff, just look out the window.

pms
11-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Hot and cold flashes, sweaty, bloated, cramps....oh that's just me.

The weather's fine.

diamondsgirl
11-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
I'll hire Diamondsgrrrl to be The Official Weather Grrrl of the Roth Army...

since we're in favor of straight talk here, you could also be The Weather Bitch of Hitchland - that job would pay you a lot better, plus we're taking over the world and you could be a part of it - interested?

Goldie, Something like this?:

http://www.tat2ed52000.com/WeatherGirl_350x525.jpg

Golden AWe
11-13-2004, 07:02 PM
suits me, suits me very well, but you're required to wear SS memorabilia in the hitchland

it's the rules

diamondsgirl
11-13-2004, 07:25 PM
suits me, suits me very well, but you're required to wear SS memorabilia in the hitchland

it's the rules

I don't know what SS is :confused:

scottydabodi
11-14-2004, 01:26 AM
10 Miles north of NYC, and it's cold (mid to low 40's), and we had a dusting of snow last night... Of course, when you're as cool as me it's ALWAYS warm...

Ally_Kat
11-14-2004, 01:45 AM
last night NYC got sleet. No snow here :(

Chilly tonight.

I want snow, damnit!

Golden AWe
11-14-2004, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
I don't know what SS is :confused:

the german forces at the WW2

the best of them were the afrika korps, led by general rommel

they had the coolest uniforms

diamondsgirl
11-14-2004, 12:43 PM
the german forces at the WW2

Thats what I thought.

Nope. Never. Ever.

That shit is beyond offensive. Makes my skin crawl. :mad:

http://www.raymondtheatre.com/Images/Artist/DaveLeeRoth.jpg

Can't I just wear leather?? :D

CROWBAR
11-14-2004, 01:12 PM
It's 43 degrees at the airport.....

Pretty boring around here to be discussing weather!

diamondsgirl
11-14-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by CROWBAR
It's 43 degrees at the airport.....

Pretty boring around here to be discussing weather!

where are you from Crowbar?

guwapo_rocker
11-14-2004, 06:03 PM
Why do they always announe the temperature downtown

and at the airport? Who cares what the temperature is at the airport?

We're not going there for a picnic!

rustoffa
11-14-2004, 06:09 PM
It's getting nipply outside.....I'm thinking about starting a fire........

diamondsgirl
11-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa

that sounds cozy...:)

you do mean in a fireplace, right? :confused:

MAX
11-14-2004, 06:38 PM
It's friggin' cold and foggy in SLC right about now. It sucks.

smaz
11-14-2004, 06:55 PM
I can see the sun, but can't feel it. Fairly chilly mostly.............. But no rain for once :)

CROWBAR
11-14-2004, 07:08 PM
where are you from Crowbar?

I'm at the airport, in the hangar. How do you think I knew that it was 43 degrees there earlier? :D

diamondsgirl
11-14-2004, 08:57 PM
ohhhh....the airport....ok...that narrows it down. :D

Switch84
11-14-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa

:D I've put a comforter on the bed already! The nights here remind me of home.....

Northern Girl
11-14-2004, 09:47 PM
Speaking of weather. This is what was going on in the Minnesota skies a few days ago. The aurora borealis a.k.a. the northern lights. Breathtaking if you ever get the chance to see them.

Photos by Chris Ven Haus

diamondsgirl
11-14-2004, 09:48 PM
wow...thanks, NG
very cool

Northern Girl
11-14-2004, 09:51 PM

scottydabodi
11-14-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
last night NYC got sleet. No snow here :(

Chilly tonight.

I want snow, damnit!

We got a lil snow here in the 'burbs... No worries, though... Winter's just getting started.

diamondsgirl
11-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Its about 60 degrees and SUNNY! :)

http://www.mukwonago.k12.wi.us/mhs/sun.gif

Carmine
11-23-2004, 12:42 PM
Oswego, NY. Pretty soon!(yeah, thats a car in there!)

Carmine
11-23-2004, 01:27 PM
c'mon up and visit! I'll send the dogsled for ya!

Cathedral
11-23-2004, 05:38 PM
It's 54 degrees here in the Queen City, that's Cincinnati, Ohio to you and me, lol.

The forecast is calling for snow showers Thanksgiving morning, which means i was right in August.
The low temps we had then haven't happened since the '70's when they were followed by the blizzard that winter.

All indications are that the mid-west is in for one hell of a winter this year.
Whic is fine with me, because if it has to be cold, I want fucking snow on the ground...I love snow.

Cathedral
11-23-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
Oswego, NY. Pretty soon!(yeah, thats a car in there!)

That's a Firebird in there isn't it?
Better turn up the heat, bro, lol.

MAX
12-08-2004, 07:04 AM
We have a friggin' inversion but are expecting a snowstorm today. Hopefully, that will clean us up. Otherwise, we are fucking freezing and gloomy here in SLC. Thank goodness for the hot tub. :)

diamondsgirl
12-08-2004, 08:29 AM
In the Boston area we had nasty icy rain yesterday, but today is about 50 and sunny. :)

Hot tub sounds goooood....can't feel too sorry for you Max. :)

Carmine
12-08-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
That's a Firebird in there isn't it?
Better turn up the heat, bro, lol.

It is, and that is ONLY 8 feet of snow! January 29 and 30, 2004.:D

ZahZoo
12-08-2004, 10:17 AM
Mid 60's here in Hillbillyville...

Ally_Kat
12-08-2004, 10:29 AM
We had a thunderstorm in Queens last night.

Carmine
12-08-2004, 10:35 AM
We had a thunderstorm in Queens last night.

Ally,please do not forget our "snow fort arrangement",and for an idea of how easy they are to build up here in Oswego, NY refer to pic I posted above! lol!

Northern Girl
12-30-2004, 01:15 PM
We are having a horrible freezing rain storm right now. We are already covered with a good 1/4 inch sheet of ice. I just spent 20 minutes chipping my car doors open. Everyone is losing power. I don't even want to think of the drive home from work today. That's still 3 hours away. FUCK!

Carmine
12-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Yikes...we had an ice storm in April of 2002....that was devastating....trees down...people without power for weeks. My house was lucky...kept power the whole time. We did have a bunch of family "campers" for a few days though.

Northern Girl
12-30-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
We are having a horrible freezing rain storm right now. We are already covered with a good 1/4 inch sheet of ice. I just spent 20 minutes chipping my car doors open. Everyone is losing power. I don't even want to think of the drive home from work today. That's still 3 hours away. FUCK!

Man this is getting bad. They are letting us go home now. If you don't hear from me again, you'll know why. LOL.

Carmine
12-30-2004, 02:56 PM
Man this is getting bad. They are letting us go home now. If you don't hear from me again, you'll know why. LOL.

take care Sweety! Good luck!

CROWBAR
12-30-2004, 06:19 PM

purdy nippley up there huh northerngirl?:D

It's 65 degrees where I'm at:p

Big Troubles
12-30-2004, 06:24 PM

where from again NG? Parry Sound'ish? We should be getting some freezing rain changing to rain by late this eve. (North Bay)

Rikk
12-30-2004, 06:30 PM
You really from Perry Sound, NG?

Northern Girl
12-30-2004, 06:32 PM
purdy nippley up there huh northern girl?:D

Yup, MN - where your nips are always hard !!

Originally posted by Big Troubles
where from again NG? Parry Sound'ish? We should be getting some freezing rain changing to rain by late this eve. (North Bay)

Nope, I'm in Minnesota. Yeah big diff, right? I hope you don't get it as bad as we are.

CROWBAR
12-30-2004, 06:36 PM
Are your nips hard right now northerngirl? I'll keep you warm! :D

Northern Girl
12-30-2004, 06:43 PM
Are your nips hard right now northerngirl? I'll keep you warm! :D

Sorry, hon, thats the SECOND offer I got tonight. I'm warming up pretty good now.

MAX
12-30-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm warming up pretty good now.

That's great to hear. :) You deserve a smile or two.

Anyway, it's freezing here and it is supposed to snow a bunch tonight. Sounds like I'll be skiing in the next couple of days.

Nickdfresh
12-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Strangely warm here in ole' Buffalo, it was nearly 50 degrees today. Very unusual for this time o' year.

Ally_Kat
12-30-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
It's 54 degrees here in the Queen City, that's Cincinnati, Ohio to you and me, lol.

The forecast is calling for snow showers Thanksgiving morning, which means i was right in August.
The low temps we had then haven't happened since the '70's when they were followed by the blizzard that winter.

All indications are that the mid-west is in for one hell of a winter this year.
Whic is fine with me, because if it has to be cold, I want fucking snow on the ground...I love snow.

How's it by you now? Any threats of snow in the coming week? I gotta fly out to there and I'll be :( if I get delayed and/or cancelled.

Pretty chilly here in Queens. Still some snow left from my birthday snow shower :D

Figs
02-20-2005, 07:44 PM
snow

Ally_Kat
02-20-2005, 10:56 PM
we're snowing, too! The newscaster said we'd have to shovel tomorrow. I'm happier than a pig in shit. :hula:

Rikk
02-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Big snow in T.O. Doesn't prevent me from having to work on this paper, though...:mad:

Ally_Kat
02-20-2005, 11:03 PM
don't worry. Presidents Day makes my Tuesday follow a Monday program, which means I have it off, classwise. Unless the blizzard to end all blizzards happens, there's no way I'm getting a snow day. :(

Rikk
02-20-2005, 11:04 PM
Wait...you have a point. This could be a never-ending snowstorm...and that would mean you have no class Tuesday and I don't have to hand this paper in on Tuesday!!!

SNOW! SNOW!! (So I can procrastinate writing this more.;)

Ally_Kat
02-20-2005, 11:07 PM
I dunno. It doesn't look like it's that big of a system. What's the paper on?

Rikk
02-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Prime Minister Chamberlain appeasing the Nazis throughout the 1930s and whether or not Britain should have gone to war much earlier. I'm arguing (as most historians would) that they should have.

It's not so much the fact that it's a bad topic...I like the topic. But it's SO MUCH WORK!! LOL.

Ally_Kat
02-20-2005, 11:15 PM
hahaha! Been there, done that, didn't even get a tshirt.

I'm just riding out this semester so I can start on the masters and start doing the fun stuff I really care about.

Rikk
02-20-2005, 11:17 PM
I've gone back to take a couple of courses this year before heading off to my eight months of Teacher's College. I'm finishing up a history minor (I love history) for a teachable.

What are you taking in school, Ally?

Ally_Kat
02-20-2005, 11:37 PM
Currently Journalism. I originally wanted to aim for something public relations, which is within our Journalism program. I know in some schools it's a completely different major. But, our department focuses so much on newspaper and reporting. All of my pr classes got cancelled, so I pretty much got discouraged. That and I don't like how heartless we have to be. Not my style.

I've done nothing but work as a teacher in some form so much that I want to go work full-time in the classroom. I'm going towards elementary education. I could go for high school english because of my Journalism degree, but I remember high school and I don't think I want to deal with that all over again. lol

The program takes a year and a half to two years; Normal time for a masters degree.

What kind of degree are you going to get from the Teacher's College? Is it a different institution from the one you're getting your minor at, or is it just a college within the university? There's one here on its own in the city that I had wanted to go to, but it's $800 a credit!

Rikk
02-20-2005, 11:46 PM
I got my undergrad at a University, and I'm applying to Universities for the Teacher's College degree. This year, however, I've applied late (I'm only finishing my Experience Profile now), so I may not get into the Canadian schools, at which point I'll have to apply to Niagara-area schools for this coming semester (rolling admissions, so it's not so bad).

I've been teaching both in a High School classroom and Elementary this year. While I'm glad I now have the teachables in case I want to upgrade later, I'm applying for Elementary. Actually, because I'm a male, I will have a MUCH easier time getting a job. And with both classroom experiences, I really prefer Elementary. I just feel more fulfilled and that I can help the kids more directly in Elementary. It's such a noble profession, Ally. It really is. But it's damn hard work (as I'm sure you're aware). But yeah, I'm excited.

So my only worry is if I get in this year.

Do you mean they were sort of training you to be detached and even heartless in the jounalism program? I can see that. I've been really negative in general with media reporting styles and also pop culture in general. So I think I'd actually go through a program like that with some bitterness (though it also is obviously a most noble profession, if one makes that out of it). Anyway, it would obviously be a great teachable for certain things in high school if you ever decided to upgrade. Poj mentioned that you have to get a new certification in the States (or at least in his State). You would have to in NY too, I'm sure. Same in T.O. But with summers off, if one chose not to do extra work, that wouldn't be so hard.:)

Ally_Kat
02-21-2005, 12:17 AM
At times you're suppose to give a sense of security so the person you are talking to will trust you enough to give you info. They had me doing some sneaky stuff, anything for a story, so much that I just couldn't do it anymore. One internship was enough for me to see I couldn't go force myself upon a family member grieving over something to get a story.

Yeah, I could get an extention and do an English/High School Journalism thing if I wanted to, but, according to what I've been told, I would need to get another degree to get the hours teaching in the grade-level to qualify for the license. That and I would have to take more tests, here in NY anyway. I know that West Virginia is a tad easier and cheaper on the test and liscense fees, thank God! I do know after I get certified, I would need to do a certain amount of college courses to keep it active or renew (or something like that) until I get my permanent certificate.

My experience has been teaching those over 18, mostly in their "golden years" for the Board of Elections. But God, they would ask more questions than the pre-K class I used to help out in. Then there's the civil service tests I advise and administer. At this point, kids would be easier.

The only thing I'm concerned about is that for my first semester, I can only take 6 credits because I would start without having taken the LAST. I'm thinking about taking it in May and then doing those 6 credits over the summer and starting full speed in Sept. The catalog says they are available every semester, so I would think I could take them in the summer. I hope so.

Rikk
02-21-2005, 01:34 AM
It actually sounds like it's harder to get certification down there than up here. The flipside is that it's much harder to get into a school up here than down there. But, of course, it costs more down there. All the little differences between our countries are strange, huh?

So how long before you could actually be a fully-employed, certified teacher working full-time in a classroom?

Ally_Kat
02-21-2005, 02:03 AM
a year and a half to two years. Depends how long I take to finish the masters and pass the tests.

I'll be student teaching for my last semester. I remember having student teachers in high school. They only stayed with us for about 2-3 weeks. I assume that I'll be rotated in an elementary school for those 4 months.

CROWBAR
02-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Okay you scholars, last time I checked, we were discussing the weather! :D

It's currently 42 degrees (still at the airport)

but who lives at the airport??

Carmine
02-23-2005, 03:26 PM
tis very cold in Syracuse.

bueno bob
02-23-2005, 03:27 PM
I don't get it for Oregon. We're bright, sunny and 80 degrees out here. We usually don't see this shit until June or so. Been this way all week.

Very unusual.

Carmine
02-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I don't get it for Oregon. We're bright, sunny and 80 degrees out here. We usually don't see this shit until June or so. Been this way all week.

Very unusual.

80! thats August here...

Ragu---sweating it up...at 14 degrees!

bueno bob
02-23-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
80! thats August here...

Ragu---sweating it up...at 14 degrees!

This time last year we had damn near 8 inches of snow and it was all capped with an inch of ice. Most winters aren't usually that bad, but by all means we still had a very mild season this year. It'll probably bode badly for our summer, which kinda sucks - if we don't get enough rain, the crops come out bad, and then anything you want to buy fresh at the grocery store is about $3 higher.

Carmine
02-23-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
if we don't get enough rain, the crops come out bad, and then anything you want to buy fresh at the grocery store is about $3 higher.

I hear that...same all over.

smaz
02-23-2005, 04:53 PM
This week... It's been snowing???

Little drizzles of snow here and there, enough to lay a very thin layer on the floor, but not enough to stay...

And it keeps snowing, then going sunny, snowing, etc etc, all within less than an hour of each other. Strange as fuck...

rustoffa
03-26-2005, 10:38 PM
According to the dipshit on TV, I'm under a Tornado warning!

There's one like right across the road!

rustoffa
03-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Anybody got a fuckin' ark?

I could have re-animated Frankenstein like 500 times today.

twonabomber
03-27-2005, 08:17 PM
yeah, our front yard is underwater, too. we'll be hearing the spring peepers soon.

rustoffa
03-27-2005, 10:54 PM
The small creek behind my house is now fit for Kayakers.

This is fucking bullshit.

Nickdfresh
04-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Holy shiite! We've had about seven inches of extremely wet, heavy snow in the last 36 hours, and no sign of letting up! It's actually above freezing out, the stuff is almost like white slush. I know it's Buffalo, but this is pretty rare actually.

twonabomber
04-03-2005, 06:40 PM
yeah, we got hammered. again...

power went out last night just after 11, came back on at 4 am or so. drift in front of the garage was 2 feet...backing out was a bitch, my skidplate was plowing the snow and i'd end up having to stop. once i got turned around, going forward was much better. some of the roads still weren't plowed at 10:30 this morning. Cleveland set a snowfall record this year, 105.5 inches. i know i got more out here in the snow belt.

i hope this shit is over...

Roguesgirl
04-03-2005, 08:03 PM
We have had 100+ inches up here too

I think we're done now

~fingers crossed~

diamondsgirl
05-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Its 40 degrees, windy and rainy...wtf?

Mother Nature is a whorebitch. :mad:

tjvhou812
05-24-2005, 03:32 PM
well DG, its about 40, and raining here too....WTF

Ally_Kat
05-24-2005, 03:34 PM
a chilly 50 degrees

I love it!

I really hate summer and all other forms of warm weather. This is the year of the Ally. woot!

diamondsgirl
05-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
well DG, its about 40, and raining here too....WTF

we live close :)

this shit is nasty

diamondsgirl
05-24-2005, 03:38 PM
a chilly 50 degrees

I love it!

I really hate summer and all other forms of warm weather. This is the year of the Ally. woot!

do you have the rain and wind too?

this is a great day to hang out in jammies and watch old movies

stilleddiesangel
05-24-2005, 03:40 PM
Forecast here for the end of the week is sunny and temps up to 80 deg!!!! WTF.. This is England!!! Can only mean one thing......

Who wants to come to a BBQ.?????? !!! yay!!!! :D

tjvhou812
05-24-2005, 03:47 PM
we live close :)

this shit is nasty

do you think we'll see the sun b4 june:)

Ally_Kat
05-24-2005, 03:54 PM
do you have the rain and wind too?

this is a great day to hang out in jammies and watch old movies

We're suppose to have rain all week, but right now all we have is some clouds.

Had a nice thunderstorm early Sunday evening. And some pretty dark clouds yesterday.

Was really warm last weekend, but I think the boyfriend brought that with him on his trip. Usually when I go down by him I bring the rain. Poor National Guard always goes on flood duty when I visit. lol

Last_Child
05-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Fucking Norwegian Weather...

Rain, Rain, Rain & some more Rain (except for the lovely sun in the afternoon) and some more rain---

diamondsgirl
05-24-2005, 05:18 PM
do you think we'll see the sun b4 june:)

feels more like snow :(

Ally_Kat
05-24-2005, 05:19 PM
I'll take snow!

DaLeeRo
05-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Sun is not shining at this moment 'coz time is 12.48 P.M, so the moon is shining.

But tomorrow the sun will shine like it shined today.

MAX
05-24-2005, 05:57 PM
feels more like snow :(

Oh, quit pissing and moaning. :)

diamondsgirl
05-24-2005, 06:23 PM
STFU, Mr.85andsunny :)

MAX
05-24-2005, 06:48 PM
Well, it's not my type of relaxing weather.

Bob_R
05-24-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Well, it's not my type of relaxing weather.

It 54 degrees here my friend.

You don't even have to mow my lawn it's been so cool. :D

MAX
05-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Well buddy, you just let me know when your lawn is ready and have the Mrs. make me lemonade. :cool:

stilleddiesangel
05-24-2005, 07:29 PM
No one wants to come to my BBQ???? :(

Ally_Kat
05-28-2005, 06:26 PM
washingtonpost.com
First-Ever Seattle Heat Warning Issued

By DONNA GORDON BLANKINSHIP
The Associated Press
Saturday, May 28, 2005; 5:48 AM

SEATTLE -- Make that an iced coffee. While the Northeast was bidding farewell to unseasonable temperatures in the 40s, residents of the northwest corner of the nation dusted off the sunscreen and shorts Friday as the National Weather Service issued its first-ever heat advisory for Seattle.

The advisory covering the urban corridor from Tacoma north to Everett was prompted by a second day of record temperatures. Friday's high of 89 degrees at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport broke a 33-year-old record for the date. Thursday's high _ also 89 degrees _ broke a 58-year-old record.

Phyllis Cameron, 92, planned to keep cool with lots of iced tea and a few gin-and-tonics. "I'm just going to enjoy it on the chaise on my deck," said the lifelong Seattle resident.

The weather service, however, was advising that people should drink lots of water, stay indoors and out of the sun, and check on relatives and neighbors.

The advice didn't seem to be taking. Winter-pale flesh was on display in the city's parks, and the streets were packed with people drinking iced coffee.

Seattle is among the cities added this year to the weather service's excessive heat program. A heat advisory means conditions could lead to heat stress in some people and a warning indicates a higher possibility that people will get sick or die.

The organizers of the annual Northwest Folklife music festival welcomed the heat, which boosted attendance for the normally slow first day. Concertgoers crowded into Seattle Center, enjoying the music, the sun and a giant fountain shooting cool water 120 feet into the air.

Last year it rained, said Rafael Maslan, 20, a festival board member.

Seattle-area temperatures were expected to cool over the weekend, and Weather Service meteorologist Dustin Guy said the heat advisory would not be renewed for Saturday.

Ally_Kat
05-28-2005, 06:27 PM
um, no offense, but 89 is nothing.

But in other news, I'm still enjoying the 50 degree weather. lol.

BigBadBrian
05-28-2005, 06:57 PM
Hot and muggy.

http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_radar_large_usen.jpg

diamondsgirl
05-29-2005, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by stilleddiesangel
No one wants to come to my BBQ???? :(

I do dammit. :mad:

diamondsgirl
05-29-2005, 12:24 AM
It was 40 last Tuesday and 80 today.

Mother Nature is a schizophrenic whorebitch.

Bob_R
05-29-2005, 09:54 AM
It was 40 last Tuesday and 80 today.

Mother Nature is a schizophrenic whorebitch.

Same her DG. Today is going to be very nice as well.

Freaky weather to say the least.

MAX
06-06-2005, 10:14 AM
It's raining like friggin' crazy here. Jeesh, you'd think I live in The Pacific Northwest or something? Insane.

Carmine
06-06-2005, 10:17 AM
FINALLY!!

Its in the mid to high 80's in da Cuse'

...and the LADIES are dressed to impress, I sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

twonabomber
06-06-2005, 10:20 AM
98 yesterday, a little rain last night, now it's 83 at 10 am. nice...going to the beach today, see if any babes are UNdressed to impress. :D

supposed to be back in the 90's tomorrow...

Carmine
06-06-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by twonabomber
see if any babes are UNdressed to impress. :D

I like your reference better twona...:D

Ally_Kat
06-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Currently 83 degrees :(

Worst weather ever.

I miss my 60s.

There's suppose to be this huge thunderstorm/cold front coming thru this afternoon but, according to the forecasts I've seen, it's only going to make it hotter.

Rikk
06-06-2005, 04:25 PM
I hate this heat. It's painful. I'm a Scandinaivian, so I like my cold weather. I heard it may be a bit nipply out later though...:p

hollywood5150
06-06-2005, 04:38 PM
105 outside..............and summer just started............

welcome to SOUTH TEXAS

Ally_Kat
06-06-2005, 05:07 PM
I went outside to get the laundry off the line and I see that the sky is black...and it feels 10 degrees cooler outside.

Looks like one nasty of a thunderstorm is coming our way.

the only good thing to come out of this warm weather.

FasterPussycat
06-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Hot and sunny in my neck of woods!!!!

86-89 degree???

Rikk
06-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by FasterPussycat
Hot and sunny in my neck of woods!!!!

86-89 degree???

Get rid of that fucking signature, you fucking cunt. That's bordering on breaking Army rules.:mad:

MAX
06-06-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Get rid of that fucking signature, you fucking cunt. That's bordering on breaking Army rules.:mad:

I concur.

Get rid of that sig bitch and while you're at it get lost. :mad:

Ally_Kat
06-07-2005, 03:06 AM
Oh, I love the weather we have now. Nice and cool.

they say it's currently 67 and that it'll go right back up to 90, but I don't believe them. It's too cool.

If it does, there's going to be some major frowning.

Ally_Kat
06-07-2005, 11:52 AM
major frownage. MAJOR

OULUVROTH2
06-09-2005, 09:39 PM
hey all!! Just wanted to jump on this thread for the hell of it!! later!

tjvhou812
06-09-2005, 10:03 PM
hot as a mother f#cker

twonabomber
06-09-2005, 11:23 PM
3 days over 90, it's a heat wave. gonna be a hot mofo at work all weekend, but i'll be parked in front of the Movin' Cool as much as i can.

http://www.movincool.com/images/unit_cp26.gif

Ally_Kat
06-10-2005, 12:29 PM
well, it's cooler today than it was yesterday. Hellava lot cooler.

God, yesterday was brutal.

blonddgirl777
06-11-2005, 12:27 PM
This fuck'n heat wave whe're having here, on the east coast is just killing me...

:rolleyes:

That humidity is discusting!

:uck:

I feel like ripping my own skin off and biting off everybody's head...
Everything is bothersome right now!

:gun:

diamondsgirl
06-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
This fuck'n heat wave whe're having here, on the east coast is just killing me...

:rolleyes:

That humidity is discusting!

:uck:

I feel like ripping my own skin off and biting off everybody's head...
Everything is bothersome right now!

:gun:

Its fucking oppressive here in Boston too. If you don't have A/C you are bummin' in this mucky shit.

Mother Nature is a sadistic bitch. :mad: :mad:

(much like myself ;) )

we are going to get some rain tonight and then it should break

blonddgirl777
06-13-2005, 04:57 PM
They have been teasing us since it all started with this "rain lie" on the news...

...Still painfully waiting!

Jérôme Frenchise
06-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Mother Nature is a sadistic bitch. :mad: :mad:
(much like myself ;) )

Mmmh... :)

Here there was a big thunderstorm in the end of this afternoon (now it's 11 pm). Lake Geneva and the mountains act like a huge "storm magnet".
Nothing comprable with Southern States tornados, though.

FasterPussycat
06-14-2005, 12:12 AM
It was hot and humid earlier, but thing getting little better now with few sprinkles of shower!!

tjvhou812
06-14-2005, 05:42 PM
its one hot motha fucka out their

Nickdfresh
06-14-2005, 06:20 PM
its one hot motha fucka out their

Yup, 86 & humid as a fluffer's vagina!

Supposed to get a cold front through, bringing nasty storms tonight...

tjvhou812
06-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Yup, 86 & humid as a fluffer's vagina!

Supposed to get a cold front through, bringing nasty storms tonight...

you know, i think that would be a good change bro

rustoffa
07-06-2005, 07:25 PM
There's one tornado to the south, and one off to the west!

If I see any flying monkeys, I'm gonna bust out the left-over big ass bottle rockets.

Big Fat Sammy
07-06-2005, 08:26 PM

hollywood5150
07-06-2005, 08:30 PM
109 degrees here in south TX............

MAX
07-23-2005, 12:29 PM
Fuck yeah!!!

It looks as if it's finally going to fucking stop joking around and rain heeya in Mormonland. :D

It's been so fucking hot every gosh darned day. Ughhhhhhh.....

Yesterday we had a cold front blow through so it was only 100. :rolleyes:

Well hooray and nothin' but yeah!!! http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/misc/bounce.gif

Rikk
07-23-2005, 12:33 PM
It's killer boiling today. I got loads of reading to do, plus I gotta get going with the packing. (No, BILL, not fudge-packing.)

Also, I hate to do this, MAX, and I don't blame you personally...but check this shit out...

http://jam.canoe.ca/PhotoOfTheDay/2004/11/30/osmond_donny322.jpg
Donny Osmond sings during a public celebration of Mormon president Gordon B. Hinckley's 95th birthday Friday, July 22, 2005, in Salt Lake City. Hinckley's birthday was last month.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Satan.

MAX
07-23-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Also, I hate to do this, MAX, and I don't blame you personally...but check this shit out...

http://jam.canoe.ca/PhotoOfTheDay/2004/11/30/osmond_donny322.jpg
Donny Osmond sings during a public celebration of Mormon president Gordon B. Hinckley's 95th birthday Friday, July 22, 2005, in Salt Lake City. Hinckley's birthday was last month.

Awwww fuck.....

I saw the re-cap of that shit last night on the news. Somethin' like 30, 000 people went to the "prophet's" :rolleyes: 95'th Birthday "bash". http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/misc/sleeping.gif

Gladys Knight (another Mormon) also sang.

Y'all DO realize that I live around this stuff on a daily baisis don't you? It ought to explain why I seem to have brain damage.

superdave
07-23-2005, 12:39 PM
HOT HOT HOT--97 in Minnesota today and possibly 100 tomorrow--it has been 90 or higher 15 of the last 16 days

Rikk
07-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Y'all DO realize that I live around this stuff on a daily baisis don't you? It ought to explain why I seem to have brain damage.

How do you stand being around so many Mormons? In other words, you get to sit and experience their shit all day, yet you don't get to experience any of the fringe benefits like threesomes respected by morality.

That would fucking piss me off, I can tell you!:mad:

jeanie923
07-23-2005, 04:50 PM
Florida - 90's the past month.
HOT HOT HOT

diamondsgirl
08-28-2005, 10:40 AM
The last few days have been picture perfect here in Boston

It looks like hurricane Katrina is going to make things messy for us in the next few days

has anyone else had any hurricane weather due to this storm?

ALMOSTsaved
08-28-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm in Biloxi Mississippi which is about 80 miles east of New Orleans. In a nutshell, I'm basically fucked.

diamondsgirl
08-28-2005, 10:49 AM
whats it doing there now AS?

ALMOSTsaved
08-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Actually it's really sunny, calm NO breeze whatsoever...It's not as balmy as it's been and the water is rising.

Last_Child
08-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Ahh!

The Loveley Summer!

We Had 2 FUCKING weeks with Sun over her! :mad:

diamondsgirl
08-29-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
I'm in Biloxi Mississippi which is about 80 miles east of New Orleans. In a nutshell, I'm basically fucked.

I just saw Biloxi on the news, getting hammered.

I hope you are doing OK. :(

diamondsgirl
10-13-2005, 09:14 AM
we are going on our second week of rain!!

Rain, rain, go away
Come again some other day
We want to go outside and play
:)

Dirty Duck
10-13-2005, 02:08 PM
We broke records out here on Long Island. It's been raining non stop down pours here for a week straight! I feel like I live in seattle....I'm ready to start a band! : )

ALMOSTsaved
10-13-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
Actually it's really sunny, calm NO breeze whatsoever...It's not as balmy as it's been and the water is rising.

Wow. I forgot about that post. Just thinking that that was only 24 hours before this place got totally fucked up. Go here: http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28280
for some pics...

It's warm and sunny here right now.

ALMOSTsaved
10-13-2005, 02:14 PM
I just saw Biloxi on the news, getting hammered.

I hope you are doing OK. :(

Thanks for thinkig of me. Yeah, I'm one of the very fortunate few with a roof still over my head...

Soul Reaper
10-15-2005, 05:58 AM
It's really foggy and rainy over here in UK....

....nothing new then.....

diamondsgirl
01-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Anybody else getting snow?

we are about to get about a foot here outside Boston.

MAX
01-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Overcast and windy as fuck heeya in SLC. We're supposed to get a huge storm tonight.

ashstralia
01-02-2006, 10:25 PM
a fortnight of 30-40 deg c
in oz.
bushfire season is on. d'oh!

DeadOrAlive
01-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Over here in Northern California, just a couple of bad storms. The Sun peeks out here and there.

Dan
01-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Most days around 23-25 degree,not bad for Summer here.Great weather for a BBQ and a few cold Beers.

blonddgirl777
01-03-2006, 12:28 AM
This is Montreal...

Where the fuck is my car???

blonddgirl777
01-03-2006, 12:31 AM
Hello boss, you can take your job and... shuv' it up your's!!!

blonddgirl777
01-03-2006, 12:34 AM
O.K., O.K.... I'll Shuvle my ass off...!!!

blonddgirl777
01-03-2006, 12:40 AM
We ARE in deed... Crazy Kanucks all right!!!

blonddgirl777
01-03-2006, 12:43 AM
But at least... we are organised!

blonddgirl777
01-03-2006, 12:46 AM
We are built tough... and we "manage"...

blonddgirl777
01-03-2006, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Overcast and windy as fuck heeya in SLC. We're supposed to get a huge storm tonight.

"Huge" storm hey???...
Good Luck! :D

MAX
01-03-2006, 01:21 AM
"Huge" storm hey???...
Good Luck! :D

WOW!!!

Are those pics from your house?

We're not getting anything like that heeya.

blonddgirl777
01-03-2006, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by MAX
WOW!!!

Are those pics from your house?

We're not getting anything like that heeya.

Taken directly from my window...
Thank God I didn't have to go to work that day but still had to dig my car! :rolleyes:

MAX
01-03-2006, 01:48 AM
Taken directly from my window...
Thank God I didn't have to go to work that day but still had to dig my car! :rolleyes:

How long ago was that?

We haven't been smacked with a storm that hard in a long lime.

Although I primarily live in the mountains, the valleys have been extremely fortunate.

They're saying this next one's supposed to be big but all I heeya outside 'tis a hella windstorm.

I'll prolly have to shovel or snowblow in the morning but not much. lol

blonddgirl777
01-03-2006, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by MAX
...I'll prolly have to shovel or snowblow in the morning but not much. lol

And why do I have a feeling that you are looking forward to it?...
Shoveling and snowblowing is the equivalent of weedeating and lawnmowing in the summer!

Actually, that storm was right before X-Mas and we are still digging and de-icing the cars in the morning... it keeps on falling!!!

Shoveling thick, wet snow is extremely high in cardio. intensity... I kinda like it!

Ally_Kat
01-03-2006, 02:07 AM
This is Montreal...

Where the fuck is my car???

I am uber jealous.

:(

MAX
01-03-2006, 02:09 AM
And why do I have a feeling that you are looking forward to it?...
Shoveling and snowblowing is the equivalent of weedeating and lawnmowing in the summer!

Actually, that storm was right before X-Mas and we are still digging and de-icing the cars in the morning... it keeps on falling!!!

Shoveling thick, wet snow is extremely high in cardio. intensity... I kinda like it!

No, no, no... lol

I actually don't mind shoveling if I have a day off. It is a stellar workout. Unfortunately the shit happens as you're already running late trying to get to the office.

MAX
01-03-2006, 02:10 AM
I am uber jealous.

Hey Ally,

What in the heck does "uber" mean?

I've always wanted to ask. :confused:

blonddgirl777
01-03-2006, 02:17 AM
I am uber jealous.

I can't find "uber" in the dictionnary...???

... You could slide, build snowmen, make snowangels, snowfights etc...

:D

ashstralia
01-03-2006, 02:21 AM
ooooh, just lookin at those pix makes me feel better, bg!!!

wish i was there. *brrrr*

blonddgirl777
01-03-2006, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by MAX
No, no, no... lol

I actually don't mind shoveling if I have a day off. It is a stellar workout. Unfortunately the shit happens as you're already running late trying to get to the office.

In theory (and on picture)... all this is very beautiful and can be fun too BUT:

In real life, dealing with storms, snow management, icy roads etc... are just a huge burden and a costly slowing process for our society!

VIVA CALIFORNIA!!! :(

blonddgirl777
01-03-2006, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by ashstralia
ooooh, just lookin at those pix makes me feel better, bg!!!

wish i was there. *brrrr*

"Feel Better"...
Do you mean to tell me that you live in WORST than that???
(this is impossible!!!) :eek:

ashstralia
01-03-2006, 02:30 AM
"Feel Better"...
Do you mean to tell me that you live in WORST than that???
(this is impossible!!!) :eek:

yes, but the other extreme.
it's the height of summer in my little sub-tropical paradise.
i'm ..... gooooin craaaazy!!!!!:D

ashstralia
01-03-2006, 02:33 AM
btw, happy birthday max!!!

blonddgirl777
01-03-2006, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by ashstralia
.... it's the height of summer in my little sub-tropical paradise.
i'm ..... gooooin craaaazy!!!!!:D

Holly shit!!!
Now this is really making ME extremely "uber" jealous...

Dan
01-03-2006, 03:28 AM
Holy shit,I would freeze my Kiwi's off BG.lol

blonddgirl777
01-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Holy shit,I would freeze my Kiwi's off BG.lol

I the extreme winter, it has been told that the men's kiwis just... FALL OFF!!! :eek:

Dan
01-03-2006, 04:33 PM
I the extreme winter, it has been told that the men's kiwis just... FALL OFF!!! :eek:

I'm glad it's Summer here,so i can let My sausage and nuggets out for some warm fresh air.lol