PDA

View Full Version : Why Do Some Here Hatethe Usa And One Man One Vote?

JCOOK
11-14-2004, 02:00 AM
It appears that if you are from a "red state" or dissagree with the left in any way you are a biggot rascist homophobe uneducated hick. Your moral beliefs are uneducated hate filled rhetoric.What ever happened to the country where we could all agree to dissagree?

Nickdfresh
11-14-2004, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by JCOOK
It appears that if you are from a "red state" or dissagree with the left in any way you are a biggot rascist homophobe uneducated hick. Your moral beliefs are uneducated hate filled rhetoric.What ever happened to the country where we could all agree to dissagree?

I was listening to an interview with an editor of the avowedly liberal New Yorker Magazine on NPR this past week.

He voted for Kerry and didn't see how Bush was re-elected. But after that he said, (this guy was in his 50's or 60's and a Vietnam vet.) that he had never seen America divided in quite this way. He said America was very divided in the 1960's, but the difference was that the two sides engaged each other. He said frankly that there was more "warmth" and a genuine effort to communicate whereas today the partisan divide is very "cold" with each side believing that the other is driven only by intrinsic interests and not a genuine ideology that seeks the benevolent betterment of mankind. I just found what he had to say interesting.

JCOOK
11-14-2004, 06:09 AM
Kudos Nick you and I probably disagree more than not. At least we don't have to resort to namecalling

FORD
11-14-2004, 11:07 AM
The division in the country is a real problem to some extent but much of it is the fear generated corporate mediawhores creation.

The more immediate problem is electoral fraud. There's no way to quicker divide a nation than to let them believe their votes were not counted.

And as long as elections rely on machines that cannot back up their numbers, that is exactly what is going to happen.

Loki
11-14-2004, 11:16 AM
social-crat or reubli-nazi, both have the same masters. roll the bones, fools.

JCOOK
11-14-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by FORD
The division in the country is a real problem to some extent but much of it is the fear generated corporate mediawhores creation.

The more immediate problem is electoral fraud. There's no way to quicker divide a nation than to let them believe their votes were not counted.

And as long as elections rely on machines that cannot back up their numbers, that is exactly what is going to happen.

So what can we do to affect change in this area

lms2
11-14-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by FORD

"A house divided cannot stand." Yes, I would say that is a real problem. I am not real smart, or real political, or much of a history buff.... but you don't have to be to know and understand that every great nation since the beginning of time has fallen, not due to a bigger, stronger army, the birth of a greater nation, or even because of nation with a better cause, but due to a false sense of complacency in their strength and greatness. More importantly, to a break down in the unity of the power. Nations become great when the peoples of that nation come together for a common cause. They fail when they no longer have a "common cause" because they begin to attack each other and are destroyed from within.

I understand what you are saying Ford, but respectfully disagree. the quicker way to divide a nation is to leave them with nothing left to believe in.

Again, I understand what you are saying, but I still think you have a better chance of a machine being impartial and accurate than people, especially when you take into consideration the ratio of human error to computer error (computer errors are due to human input) and the sheer number of people required to count all those votes. No system if fool proof when it is run by fools.

Big Train
11-14-2004, 03:10 PM
The real difference is that this is all hysteria. There is no "dialogue" because extremists and alarmists are the only messages being heard.

Too many people are trying to "argue to win" instead of trying to make points and form opinions. It has been raging here for months.

The "cold" he refers to I think is more like "let's not talk about it, I don't want it to get ugly". When we can return to more sane discussions, I think things will improve.

lms2
11-15-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Too many people are trying to "argue to win" instead of trying to make points and form opinions. It has been raging here for months.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

McCarrens
11-15-2004, 05:24 PM
I'm saying somehting about DLR in this thread because it needed to be a little cooler!

Switch84
11-15-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by McCarrens
I'm saying somehting about DLR in this thread because it needed to be a little cooler!

:D :D :D

Switch84
11-15-2004, 07:10 PM
:killer: :killer: :lol: The local jock is playing "PANAMA" right now!!!!

96Rock (Atlanta) ROCKS!!!!