PDA

View Full Version : Using Stun Guns on Kids

diamondsgirl
11-14-2004, 06:08 PM
MIAMI - Police have acknowledged using a stun gun to immobilize a 12-year-old girl just weeks after an officer jolted a first-grader with 50,000 volts.

Police Director Bobby Parker defended the decision to use a Taser on the 6-year-old boy last month because he was threatening to injure himself with a shard of glass. But Parker said Friday that he could not defend the decision to shock the fleeing girl, who was skipping school and apparently drunk.

According to the incident report, officer William Nelson responded to a complaint that children were swimming in a pool, drinking alcohol and smoking cigars on the morning of Nov. 5.

Nelson said he noticed the girl was intoxicated and was walking her to his car to take her back to school when she ran away through a parking lot.

Nelson, 38, said he chased her and yelled several times for her to stop before firing the Taser when she began to run into traffic. The electric probes hit the girl in the neck and lower back, immobilizing her.

Nelson said he fired “for my safety along with (the girl’s) safety.” Paramedics treated the girl, who went home with her mother.

Parker said department policy permits officers to use the Taser to apprehend someone, but he said he expected his officers to use better judgment, especially when police had no plans to arrest the girl.

diamondsgirl
11-14-2004, 06:09 PM
Pretty funny that the cop couldn't run as fast as a drunk 12 year old girl. :D

WACF
11-14-2004, 06:47 PM
They don't have to run...they have guns...

JCOOK
11-15-2004, 06:57 AM
Since this thread was started a few more of "societies kids" have been alleged to have been tazed,Send your animals out into the world and you are lucky they just get tazed

fanofdave
11-15-2004, 07:04 AM
light them little bastards and bitches up, i say.

fuck the "time outs"; give them a few more volts
of tough love.

rustoffa
11-15-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by fanofdave
light them little bastards and bitches up, i say.

fuck the "time outs"; give them a few more volts
of tough love.

LMMFAO!

ODShowtime
11-15-2004, 11:34 AM
The main reason things like this occur is because of the pieces of shit in this country that try to get between a parent and their discipline of a child. Children need negative re-enforcement on occasion to help deter bad behavior.

This lack of proper discipline is something we will all have to pay for.

Figs
11-15-2004, 11:56 AM
Boy, I could sure have used a taser on a few dates back in the day...

diamondsgirl
11-15-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
The main reason things like this occur is because of the pieces of shit in this country that try to get between a parent and their discipline of a child. Children need negative re-enforcement on occasion to help deter bad behavior.

This lack of proper discipline is something we will all have to pay for.

No shit. Times have changed. When I was a drunk 12 year old girl, I would have never dreamed of running from police. :D

McCarrens
11-15-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
Pretty funny that the cop couldn't run as fast as a drunk 12 year old girl. :D

No need to run. No perp can out run a bullet (or a tazer tag, for that matter).

lms2
11-15-2004, 01:56 PM
I find it somewhat interesting that a cop was walking an intoxicated 12 year old girl, who was ditching school to his car, but they were not planning on arresting her? Hell, here in Kansas, we have kids getting arrested for smoking cigarettes before school on MIC charges...

LOL, I guess it does cut down on paper work and the over loaded court system. Are you gonna arrest her chief? Nah, just taze her a little and let her go.

diamondsgirl
11-15-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by lms2
I find it somewhat interesting that a cop was walking an intoxicated 12 year old girl, who was ditching school to his car, but they were not planning on arresting her?

hmmmm...yeah...that IS creepy...

lms2
11-15-2004, 02:05 PM
Kinda makes you wonder what he was gonna do if he hadn't had to taze her... LOL or maybe I just have a dirty mind.

diamondsgirl
11-15-2004, 02:08 PM
Kinda makes you wonder what he was gonna do if he hadn't had to taze her... LOL or maybe I just have a dirty mind.

maybe he told her and thats why she was running into traffic. :(

lms2
11-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Could be.

I really am all for disciplining children and think that is an area where Americans have fallen by the wayside, and definitely to the detriment of our children...

But if you think about a six year old kid (kindergarden... first grade) threatening to injure himself with a piece of glass... I think the kids life was probably in a situation where tazing was not exactly what he needed.

diamondsgirl
11-15-2004, 03:08 PM
Could be.

I really am all for disciplining children and think that is an area where Americans have fallen by the wayside, and definitely to the detriment of our children...

But if you think about a six year old kid (kindergarden... first grade) threatening to injure himself with a piece of glass... I think the kids life was probably in a situation where tazing was not exactly what he needed.

he probably just needed a hug

and some behavior modification therapy :)

diamondsgirl
11-15-2004, 03:10 PM
and ritalin

CROWBAR
11-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Whatever happened to the 'ole woodshed for a switchin'? :D

No need to electrocute the kiddies!

lms2
11-15-2004, 03:14 PM
LMAO... I guess we have a different perspective on that. I was a foster parent for ten years. I have had some kids from pretty messed up situations. I wasn't really thinking along the lines of a hug or medication, but some serious intervention. But since I don't know the whole story behind that and only know what I read here, you could be right on the ritalin.

diamondsgirl
11-15-2004, 03:19 PM
meds as a last resort, I'd say, but if he's looking to slash himself at age 6, they may be at that point.

diamondsgirl
11-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by CROWBAR
Whatever happened to the 'ole woodshed for a switchin'? :D

:cool:

lms2
11-15-2004, 03:27 PM
little Johnny used to be a cutter... now we can't get him away from the light socket!

Viking
11-15-2004, 07:56 PM
He used a Taser on some little S.H.I.T. (Skank Hole In Training) who was sitting in a pool boozing it up and smoking a Tiparillo? Jesus, he should have used it on the parents instead.