PDA

View Full Version : Tigers sign Pudge...4 years...40 million dollars

POJO_Risin
01-31-2004, 05:28 PM
I don't know what the fuck Pudge is thinking...obviously he's getting more money than he probably should at this stage of his career...but what you gonna do...

If Pudge gets a spine injury in his lower back that lands him on the disabled list for five weeks or more, the Detroit Tigers would be able to terminate his contract after the 2005 season.

interesting clause...

well...I'll give it to the Tigers...they are signing people...

just doesn't make sense...they go a year with all these kids...saying they are going for a youth movement...then they revamp half their lineup with old fucks...

ALinChainz
01-31-2004, 05:47 PM
Asses in the seats is becoming more and more paramount. Comerica Park was a big hit in its first season, but then, yuck.

Going with the kids was a good idea until they figured out that our kids stunk too. We have had a decent off season and may have over paid for Pudge (ok, we did), but we needed him in more ways than just on the field.

You beat me to this one, I was on my way with it.

POJO_Risin
01-31-2004, 05:53 PM
Well...I give the Tigers credit if they stick to the plan...

to often...Mr. Dominoes goes one way...then another...then another...and it's left this team in shambles...

I think back to freakin' Juangone a few years back...the one year project...

oh well...I just can't see why pudge went there...of course...perhaps the Tigers were the only team offereing up that kind of cash...isn't he 35ish?

POJO_Risin
01-31-2004, 05:55 PM
Did they do well even that first year?...that was the year Juangone was there...right...

ALinChainz
01-31-2004, 06:04 PM
Oh our record sucked, but the attendence was great.

Many in Michigan hammer Ilitch on why he shells out the big dough to keep the red Wings so competitive year after year, but nada on the Tigers. The problem was teams like the Twins who were kicking the hell people with the bargain basement payroll. Ilitch saw that and said why not us? We did try and sign people, Juan Gone was a mistake, Dean Palmer wa solid when he got here for a season, but neck and back injuries have now pushed him into retirement.

Funny thing was that the new ballpark was so big that we thought it would be a pitcher's dream. But you can't win without run support.

Gmoney
02-01-2004, 08:44 AM
It's all about the Benjamins my friends when you go from the World Champs to the worst team in baseball....

Eyes of the Night
02-01-2004, 10:55 AM
Pudge will get the shaft for not going to da M's ...

Oh well, whutchaa gonna doo ...