PDA

View Full Version : The Full Bug!

Mothereffer
11-17-2004, 06:06 PM
Now the lyric that always has troubled me - this is the official lyric to part of "The Full Bug" on the Official VH site...

Lemme show you
Baby make the best of what you have in hand. Oh yeah
Just remember when you follow through
Then the over isn't planned

.....now I insist that the last line "then the over..." is really "bending over isn't planned...." it makes more sense to me in the context of the song and knowing that it was most likely DLR that wrote it, I am convinced that this is really the lyric. It's hard to tell when you listen to the song. Does anyone else think the same way as I on this? I mean what the fuck does "then the over" mean anyway? I've never heard that phrase in my life.

I know it's petty but fucking VH means a lot to me and I need to know this so when I am singing along to the fucking tune in my car, I say precisely the correct lyric or I look like a fool!

BTW: Diver Down was a fucking great record. I just listened to it again for the first time in about 8 years and sure, lots of covers there but I'd rather hear VH do "Pretty Woman" than that blind freak Roy Orbison or VH's version of "Where Have All The Good Times Gone" blows away Ray Fuckin Davies! "Hang Em High", "Little Guitars", "The Full Bug" are dead-on classics. How the fuck did they come up with such great shit?> Roth was a fucking genius and as great as Eddie was, Roth put together those great choruses and the song structures I bet.

Matt White
11-17-2004, 09:41 PM
I've got a DIVER DOWN songbook(With Tab!) copywrite 1993 by Cherry Lane Music co.
as follows;
"Let me show you.
Babe, you make the best of what you have in hand, Oh Yeah.
Just remember when you follow through,
Bending over isn't grand. Ah yeah. Ha ha!"

Yup, Diver Down was the first VAN HALEN record I bought on my own, and it still rocks!

EbDawson
11-18-2004, 02:38 AM
I think Dave may have "wrote" the lyrics one way but sang them another way. Always heard "bending over isn't planned" myself.

EbDawson
11-18-2004, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Mothereffer
Roth was a fucking genius and as great as Eddie was, Roth put together those great choruses and the song structures I bet.

Wouldn't have to bet me.

Carmine
11-18-2004, 09:34 AM
One of my ALL-TIME VH favs! Falls in right after Unchained!

Full Bug
11-18-2004, 09:43 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if even Dave doesnt remember the original lyric, kinda like the line "I seen a lotta people lookin' for a moonbeam." from Everybody Wants Some, it doesnt really sound like that on the record and Dave said in his book he doesnt really remember what it was, he just mumbles it kind of thing.....

Vanstonica
11-18-2004, 04:48 PM
What a fantastic song! I've always been dissapointed that Dave doesn't play that in his shows anymore. God knows EVH won't do it.

DLR_EngineRoom
11-18-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Mothereffer
Now the lyric that always has troubled me - this is the official lyric to part of "The Full Bug" on the Official VH site...

Lemme show you
Baby make the best of what you have in hand. Oh yeah
Just remember when you follow through
Then the over isn't planned

.....now I insist that the last line "then the over..." is really "bending over isn't planned...." it makes more sense to me in the context of the song and knowing that it was most likely DLR that wrote it, I am convinced that this is really the lyric. It's hard to tell when you listen to the song. Does anyone else think the same way as I on this?

Yes, you're right. The official lyric is 'bending over isn't planned'.

But now there's a conflict of interest that you've raised. 'Cause if that's the official lyric then that means that Ed & Al are lying about something pertaining to Dave.....

Nahhhhh.....can't be......

bueno bob
11-18-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
...Ed & Al are lying about something pertaining to Dave.....

Nahhhhh.....can't be......

Ed and Al are honest Abe's. Always have spoken the truth about Dave, from day one! And anybody who doesn't think so is just a Sam hater!

:D

DeadOrAlive
11-19-2004, 12:33 AM
Best Part of a MAN!!!!

diamondsgirl
11-19-2004, 11:18 AM
I'd give anything to hear Dave do this tune live again.
And come that part, he may sing something different all together. :D

LookN4AMootBeat
11-23-2004, 12:15 AM
I'm listenning to a bootleg of Full bug live right now.......
it's definitely "bending over isn't planned".

oh, and that lyric from everybody wants some is ......

"I seek a moogoo lad-a-lookin for a moot beat"

Official DLR mush-mouth ;)

JCOOK
11-23-2004, 01:11 AM
"Come to my door...... aint gonna let you pass,Gotta bad lil' woman ..mmm gone an bite yo ass... nnnnaint' gone let you pass.All your dreams and visions are based on magazines,...Well this aint' television but its' more than it seems....

DLRdelight!
11-23-2004, 01:42 AM
Yeah it sure is a hell of an album, i love the song secrets, dont know why, but i do agree that the actual lyrics of the full bug does say bending

Loons The Great
05-29-2006, 02:46 PM
That ol' Full Bug Buugie Wuugie nah yez yez...dig it nah...sho' nuff yez...

thome
05-29-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm Happy!

diamondsgirl
05-29-2006, 04:27 PM
I love the best part of man....ahhhh yeah!!! :cool:

love that wan heart and soul
in the groove and on the go, you know...
mmmm.....thats fo' sho'....

binnie
05-29-2006, 04:37 PM
It's a great record, no complaints here!

Loons The Great
05-29-2006, 05:17 PM
I'd like to see a version of this tune...at the inevitable re-union gig...with D-Ro on acoustic and harp...that would be superb, man...