PDA

View Full Version : French nation is U.S. enemy?

lucky wilbury
11-18-2004, 01:22 AM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41507

French nation is U.S. enemy?
Most Americans have bad opinion of country, almost 1/3 say it's threat

Posted: November 18, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

A new poll reveals most Americans do not hold the nation of France in high regard, with almost a third believing the European country is an enemy of the U.S. in the war on terror.

According to the survey by Rasmussen Reports, 57 percent of American voters have an unfavorable view of France, with 31 percent calling Jacques Chirac's country an enemy. A plurality – 43 percent – believe France's role is somewhere in between ally and enemy.

When presidential politics were taken into account, the poll shows by a 77-to-11 percent margin, those who voted for President Bush have an unfavorable opinion of France. Kerry voters are more evenly divided – 42 percent of Kerry voters have a favorable opinion of that nation, 35 percent unfavorable. In addition, 43 percent of Bush voters called France the enemy, while only 17 percent of Kerry supporters shared that view.

The numbers stand in stark contrast to feelings about Great Britain. Seventy-eight percent of Americans have a favorable opinion of Tony Blair's country while only 9 percent hold an unfavorable view. More than four out of five Americans – 83 percent – view the UK as an ally in the war on terror.

Rasmussen says Germany, Russia, and the United Nations fall in between the extremes. Forty-four percent of Americans have a favorable opinion of the U.N. while 42 percent have an unfavorable view. Thirty-three percent believe the U.N. is our ally in the terror war, and 17 percent see it as our enemy.

Again, there's a big difference between Bush and Kerry backers, as 64 percent of Bush supporters have an unfavorable view of the U.N., while 68 percent of Kerry fans hold a positive view of the global body.

Forty percent of voters have a favorable opinion of Germany, while 34 percent have an unfavorable view. For Russia, the numbers are 33 percent favorable and 38 percent unfavorable.

bueno bob
11-18-2004, 03:21 AM
Well, if France ever declared open war on us, we could send over a squad of, say, 50-100 troops; they'll surrender before sundown.

VIOLA! Problem solved!

Big Train
11-18-2004, 03:27 AM
It's not like they are doing a whole hell of a lot to be buddy buddy with us, so whatever. I don't consider them to be high on the list of people we need to give a shit about either....

Nickdfresh
11-18-2004, 06:51 AM
I guess the geniuses at worlddailey.net haven't been reading the news about Iran developing Nuclear Arms or rumors of a coup in North Korea. Too bad it's not in print, I'm short of toilet paper right now. It's much easier to bash the French. I guess it's there fault that 1300 Americans died in Iraq.

Are these "American's" the same morons that state in polls that Iraq attacked us on 9/11?

BigBadBrian
11-18-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I guess the geniuses at worlddailey.net haven't been reading the news about Iran developing Nuclear Arms or rumors of a coup in North Korea. Too bad it's not in print, I'm short of toilet paper right now. It's much easier to bash the French. I guess it's there fault that 1300 Americans died in Iraq.

Are these "American's" the same morons that state in polls that Iraq attacked us on 9/11?

Hmm......your post made absolutely no damned sense. Par for the course, I guess.

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
11-18-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Hmm......your post made absolutely no damned sense. Par for the course, I guess.

:gulp:

You outta know about not making sense.

DrMaddVibe
11-18-2004, 08:18 AM
The French were NEVER our friends! They stood beside us during the Revolution but only to exploit us afterwards. Then they believed we were weak and tried to take us on and lost. Ever since it's been a sloooow decline into mediocrity. The world has moved on but their bitterness of not being a "player" is stopping them from making judgemental key decisions. They have been relegated to riding in the bed of the truck like a migrant worker!

Nickdfresh
11-18-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
The French were NEVER our friends! They stood beside us during the Revolution but only to exploit us afterwards. Then they believed we were weak and tried to take us on and lost. Ever since it's been a sloooow decline into mediocrity. The world has moved on but their bitterness of not being a "player" is stopping them from making judgemental key decisions. They have been relegated to riding in the bed of the truck like a migrant worker!

Actually we exploited them. The French treasury was bankrupted largely due top their support for the Revolution.

DrMaddVibe
11-18-2004, 08:28 AM
And the Louisana Purchase?

How do you figure we exploited them? What "army" came to our aid? We had Lafeyette. An advisor. A leader with experience that wouldn't stand by and watch a noble cause suffer due to his nation's ineffectiviness.

Nickdfresh
11-18-2004, 09:50 AM
And the Louisana Purchase?

How do you figure we exploited them? What "army" came to our aid? We had Lafeyette. An advisor. A leader with experience that wouldn't stand by and watch a noble cause suffer due to his nation's ineffectiviness.

Possibly the best $15 million ever spent in history??? We raped them on that one dude. Like paying $100 for new Lexus.

DrMaddVibe
11-18-2004, 09:53 AM
I'm not disagreeing on that one, but you mentioned that we "bankrupted" them. 15 mil in the bank isn't chump change. They wanted the cash and we wanted the land.

ODShowtime
11-18-2004, 09:56 AM
Well, France is getting deeply implicated in the Oil For Food Scandal. Didn't we read yesterday that a French bank help facilitate the fraudulent transactions Saddam used to get around the embargo?

The French have proved time and time again throughout history to make decisions solely based on money. I guess we all do. They just somehow find a way to make it even more distasteful then usual.

Nickdfresh
11-18-2004, 09:59 AM
I'm not disagreeing on that one, but you mentioned that we "bankrupted" them. 15 mil in the bank isn't chump change. They wanted the cash and we wanted the land.

I know. But I have heard that this ultimately had a lot to do with the French Revolution since Louis (the xvi?) spent so much trying to screw over the British in America, he ended screwing himself over. It was then "oft withe zie 'ed."

DrMaddVibe
11-18-2004, 10:04 AM
Louis was still alive. Napolean was after the war had ended.

Nickdfresh
11-18-2004, 10:07 AM
I know, but that's why Napoleon was hard up for cash, that and his constant attempts at world conquest. But if you look at the pic below, you'll notice we are not above dealing with the devil when it is politically expediant to do so.

Nickdfresh
11-18-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Well, France is getting deeply implicated in the Oil For Food Scandal. Didn't we read yesterday that a French bank help facilitate the fraudulent transactions Saddam used to get around the embargo?

The French have proved time and time again throughout history to make decisions solely based on money. I guess we all do. They just somehow find a way to make it even more distasteful then usual.

True, they are coporate scumbags. Ken Lay would be proud! But if you look at the pic in my next post, you'll see we are not above dealing with the devil when it is politcally expediant to do so.

Nickdfresh
11-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Rummy and Saddam talk U.S. military aid in the early part of the Iran vs. Iraq War (1979-1988).

DrMaddVibe
11-18-2004, 10:56 AM
You mean like this too.....

DrMaddVibe
11-18-2004, 10:56 AM
And this.....

Nickdfresh
11-18-2004, 11:05 AM
Since when did we invade Nicaragua to rid it of the "Evil Dic-ta-tator?" How many U.S. troops were killed fighting to purge Nicaragua of this dictator Ortega and to find his "New-Cue-are" program and find his phantom WMD's?

By the way, Nicaragua is now a democracy and the Sandinistas were democratically removed from power in the mid-1990's.

Last time I checked, we've lost nearly 1400 troops removing Su-dom from power.

ODShowtime
11-18-2004, 11:29 AM
France has their own gay TV channel too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3951669.stm

I tried to find a funny picture of gay french people on PinkTV, but Websense blocked them.

ODShowtime
11-18-2004, 12:01 PM
French insurgents killed in Iraq

Three Frenchmen have died fighting with insurgents against US-led troops in Iraq, reports say. The men, all of Arab origin, were killed in the country over recent months as the insurgency has flared.

Two of the men were aged 19 and the third was 24 years old, a French official said.

Authorities estimate that around a dozen Frenchmen of North African or Arab background have travelled to Iraq to join the insurgency.

The men were identified as

24-year-old Tarek W, from Paris, killed on 17 September

19-year-old Redouane el-Hakim, killed on 17 July

Abdel Halim Badjoudj, 19, killed on 20 October.
French officials were checking the identity of a fourth man who was killed in recent weeks to see if he, too, held French citizenship.

Officials say the men probably travelled to Iraq via Syria but say that there is no proof of an organised recruitment network. However, French newspaper Le Figaro says the men were helped to cross into Iraq by contacts in Syria.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4023021.stm

lucky wilbury
11-18-2004, 12:57 PM
chiraqs pissed we took out his old friend

Nickdfresh
11-18-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
chiraqs pissed we took out his old friend

That is a great pic though.:D