PDA

View Full Version : Bush Authorizes More Deficit Spending

Nickdfresh
11-19-2004, 03:09 PM
Bush signs debt increase into law

President approves a measure authorizing an $800 billion increase in the nation's credit limit.
November 19, 2004: 12:35 PM EST

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush Friday signed into law a measure authorizing an $800 billion increase in the credit limit of the United States, the White House said.

On Thursday, the Republican-controlled House voted 208-204 to pass the bill. Senate approval came on Wednesday.

Democrats said the debt limit increase, the third in as many years, was necessitated by Bush's "irresponsible" fiscal priorities, including what House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California described as tax cuts for the wealthy and corporate handouts.

Republicans say the 2001 recession and the costs of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as the aftermath of the Sept. 11 attacks are responsible for the fiscal shortfall.

The budget deficit hit a record $412 billion in the fiscal year ended Sept. 30 and the Congressional Budget Office has projected $2.3 trillion in accumulated deficits over the next decade.

FORD
11-19-2004, 03:31 PM
He's not a liberal. He's not a conservative. He's a fascist. And he just killed the economy. Again.

At least Hitler got that part right.

Nickdfresh
11-19-2004, 03:43 PM
Just thought I'd point out some Busheep double standards.

Mulaka
11-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Bush is a Christian idiot. He won the election because the religious dumbasses stuck together.

Switch84
11-19-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Mulaka
Bush is a Christian idiot. He won the election because the religious dumbasses stuck together.

:rolleyes: I see the first impression you're making is a dumb one.

Warham
11-19-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Mulaka

A -5 Star vote to you.

Big Train
11-19-2004, 05:22 PM
How am I, as a proud "busheep", creating a double standard? Oh I see, oversimplify. Because Bush approved the increase, he is a liberal, cut and dried. Like if a liberal voted against say, gay marriage, like Kerry, that makes him a conservative, cut and dried? Your so slick, Nick....

Nickdfresh
11-19-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
How am I, as a proud "busheep", creating a double standard? Oh I see, oversimplify. Because Bush approved the increase, he is a liberal, cut and dried. Like if a liberal voted against say, gay marriage, like Kerry, that makes him a conservative, cut and dried? Your so slick, Nick....

"I'm Sick!" No my friend, I' the one worried about jobs and holding people accountable for their blunders. You the one obsessed with non-issues like gay unions. Who cares! We've stopped gay marriage, hurrah! Of course the dollars plummeting and this non-recovery we are in seems like more of a recession. Maybe eventually those tax cuts will have some sort of effect, but then again it might not matter as investors flee the U.S. markets.

Bush is a fiscal liberal, where it hurts the most, funding pork all over the place and a plutocratic reactionary where its hurts most, cutting taxes disproportionately for the rich as the "recovery" is being spent up fighting the senseless war in Iraq.

Big Train
11-19-2004, 07:35 PM
C, mon. Whenever we talk about the economy, you like to wrap it up in the nice, neat, simple "It's Bush's fault" ribbon and call it a day, failing to take into account the hundreds of other variables that make the engine run. It's like saying "no spark" over and over again when your car won't start, even though the tank says "E".

You have yet to even say a WORD about Greenspan. ONE WORD.

The biggest thing I never hear talked about at all is the fact that we aren't a manufacturing economy anymore, yet we have all these lunkhead theories about putting people to work. Doing what? We don't MAKE anything anymore. We need to invent new industries and dominate them, I'll keep saying it until it sinks in. It's an information based economy now and a lot of the old economic leveraging tools just don't apply. For example, if I own a business service that only requires an office, 4-5 employees and computers, lowering the interest rate on capital equipment isn't gonna help me all that much.

Mulaka
11-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:rolleyes: I see the first impression you're making is a dumb one.

I see your showing yourself to be one of those Christian idiots I speak of.:rolleyes:

Loki
11-22-2004, 06:43 AM
hath not thine precsious bush had 4 years to turn thine failing economic fortunes around? hath not thine fortunes simply become mired in a quagmire of mediocrity? haw haw. fools, thine time is at hand. let non who hath a shred of integrity deny thine fate. huzzah

BigBadBrian
11-22-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Just thought I'd point out some Busheep double standards.

What is even funnier is Democrats getting on TV and the first thing they talk about is how much they'd like to spend. :gulp:

Nickdfresh
11-22-2004, 08:45 AM
Really, any examples or just more bullshit generalizations?

ODShowtime
11-22-2004, 09:12 AM
I can't believe we are going to push the deficit even further. Oh wait, gw was re-elected. I forgot. Sorry I can believe it.