PDA

View Full Version : random military videos

Ally_Kat
11-19-2004, 06:53 PM
F-16 in Fallujah (http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/F-16%20in%20Falluja.wmv)

Marines were trapped in one of the buildings that the insurgents were going to engage. A F16 was nearby and called in for air suppport. The Marines were spared.

--

Apache helicopter (http://www.globalresearch.ca/audiovideo/apachehit.mpg)

RPG launcher and users

--

the things you'll see in Iraq (http://www.collegehumor.com/media/movies/oh-58d_-_jrtc_fun.wmv)

Haha! The best part is when they talk about doing the flyover :D

Not recommended for the work environment, but then again, it's not the best video to make out things.

Seshmeister
11-19-2004, 07:03 PM
Oh yeah Ally it's like so cool...

http://www.wardrobe.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/murder_inc/pics/image-dead-child-iraq.jpg

Seshmeister
11-19-2004, 07:05 PM
http://www.lightmillennium.org/3rd_april_03/image/iraq_child.jpg

Ally_Kat
11-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Oh yeah Ally it's like so cool...

Did you even fucking watch the last one which was the only one I joked about?

I bet no because in that last one NO ONE was hurt.

But I suppose in the first one that you would have been alright with the Marines dying? The people killed in the first two videos were attacking.

The third video is of a couple in a car.

Jesus Fucking Christ. People die. Get over it :rolleyes:

Seshmeister
11-19-2004, 07:10 PM
http://aztlan.net/burnedchild.jpg

"And then Mummy the American helicopter flew over and it was soo exciting, just like in a film..."

Seshmeister
11-19-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Jesus Fucking Christ. People die. Get over it :rolleyes:

Is this a quote from just after 9-11?

No I didn't think so.

Ally_Kat
11-19-2004, 07:16 PM
Is this a quote from just after 9-11?

No I didn't think so.

I got over the loss of life. The attack I will never.

Seshmeister
11-19-2004, 07:25 PM
Sorry I'm just getting sick of the macho posturing I see everywhere.

The wows as the big munitions go off in civilian areas in an illegal war where we were all fucking duped.

The media is censoring the fuck out of it. It's amazing how hard you need to dig to find anything.

Don't believe me?

Do a google image search of "civilian casualties iraq", 4 FUCKING PAGES in the whole internet most of which are diagrams.

Do a google image search of "us troops iraq" 2800 HITS!

Cheers!

:gulp:

Ally_Kat
11-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Do a yahoo image search of 'civilian casualties iraq'. You get ten pages which are mostly of civilian casualties in iraq.

Seshmeister
11-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the tip.

Either way I'm not seeing civilian casualties on the news each night which is strange because all the humanitarian organisations are saying there are a hell of a lot of them...

Maybe one of the news organisations should embed a reporter in a nursery in Fallujah.

Ally_Kat
11-19-2004, 07:39 PM
maybe they can't get to it because of both sides involved with the fighting?

Seshmeister
11-19-2004, 07:45 PM
http://idaho.indymedia.org/uploads/fall-smithers.jpg

ELVIS
11-19-2004, 07:58 PM
That Apache video is pretty hairy...

Big Train
11-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Can I just say this is an impressive pissing contest between sesh and Ally...blaze on..

Nickdfresh
11-19-2004, 08:17 PM
Seshmeister has a point. While I am interested in this stuff, the one-sided view of this war skews the true impact of the conflict on our troops, their enemies, and the Iraqi people. I too get a little nauseated by the mindless macho posturing that some show in reaction to these videos. I can also show you a site where they show knocked out M1A1 tanks, M2 Bradley AFV's, suicide attacks on American convoys, and disturbing images of dead American soldiers surrounded by Iraqi insurgents. Does it mean the war is going well for the Iraqi guerillas, I don't know, but click on the link below if you wish to see for yourself. As in the first gulf war, selective censorship can be used to spin both successes and failures.

http://www.ogrish.com/a/american_military_convoy_attacked_by_suicide_car_z arqawi.html

Nickdfresh
11-19-2004, 08:24 PM
This shit never works right for me. If you wish to see the video I speak, look to the right side of the screen under terrorism and click on
"Suicide Attack Against American Military Convoy By Zarqawi's Group (Video)":confused:

Seshmeister
11-19-2004, 08:27 PM
I find it hard to believe that morale isn't getting low amongst our troops out there.

The battle for hearts and minds is lost. You can't wander around doing 100s of raids on peoples houses locking up people indescriminantly, fail to provide reliable water, food and electricity, at the same time as fighting urban warfare and expect the population to like you.

If it wasn't about oil(hahaha) then we should make a pledge now to leave within a month of the elections.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
11-19-2004, 08:37 PM
At some point we are going to end up negotiating a power sharing arrangement with the indigenous Iraqi insurgents and possibly turn Iraq into a loose federal three nations/one state system.

ELVIS
11-19-2004, 09:00 PM
I doubt that...

Nickdfresh
11-19-2004, 09:08 PM
I doubt we'll have much choice.

Seshmeister
11-19-2004, 10:25 PM
Splitting countries up in the past has gone well.

Let's see

Nothern Ireland/Southern Ireland
North Korea/South Korea
North Vietnam/South Vietnam
Israel/Palestine
India/Pakistan

Hmm...

Nickdfresh
11-19-2004, 10:30 PM
I didn't say split, I meant a "Federal" arrangement similar to Serbia/Montenegro (what's left of Yugoslavia). This would merely minimize the ethnic strife your country created when they forged the artificial boundaries of Iraq after WWI.

Seshmeister
11-19-2004, 10:50 PM
Hopefully.

You have to worry about the US running an election these days though especially how it might be percieved.

Iraq has always beenj a hornets nest that's why people in the know were saying to leave it alone before all this shit started, I'm sure I posted as much.

Switch84
11-20-2004, 01:49 AM
:confused: In all fairness, Sesh, where was your bleeding heart sympathy for the Iraqi people when their own leader (Saddam) and his cronies were killing them? Is it only a shame when they're caught in the crossfire of The Allied Forces gun fire?

War is HELL. Not a picnic.

Seshmeister
11-20-2004, 05:56 AM
This is the argument now.

We're not quite as bad as Saddam.

I'm so proud.

ELVIS
11-20-2004, 06:02 AM
No, I don't think that is what she is saying...

Nickdfresh
11-20-2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Switch84
:confused: In all fairness, Sesh, where was your bleeding heart sympathy for the Iraqi people when their own leader (Saddam) and his cronies were killing them? Is it only a shame when they're caught in the crossfire of The Allied Forces gun fire?

War is HELL. Not a picnic.

Saddam killed his people true enough. But people tend to forget exactly why. One of the reasons was the Shiites rebellion after the First Gulf War. Many of the Shiites in the south were massacred after the first Gulf War when Poppy Bush implied that we would support an uprising and overthrow of Saddam. The Shiites rose up, but we left them high and dry and allowed Saddam to send Hind 24D attack helicopters because Stormin' Norman fucked up on the treaty with the Iraqi's.

By the way, that is why the Shiites, who hated Saddam as much as we do, don't trust us and think the U.S. word is shit as a result.

BigBadBrian
11-20-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Saddam killed his people true enough. But people tend to forget exactly why. One of the reasons was the Shiites rebellion after the First Gulf War. Many of the Shiites in the south were massacred after the first Gulf War when Poppy Bush implied that we would support an uprising and overthrow of Saddam. The Shiites rose up, but we left them high and dry and allowed Saddam to send Hind 24D attack helicopters because Stormin' Norman fucked up on the treaty with the Iraqi's.

Damn, that's some dicked up logic: Saddam is justified in killing his people because the US reneged on a treaty. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

BTW, the US was abiding by the rules set forth by the illustrious UN during that fiasco. Their call, not ours. :gulp:

Nickdfresh
11-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Damn, that's some dicked up logic: Saddam is justified in killing his people because the US reneged on a treaty. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

BTW, the US was abiding by the rules set forth by the illustrious UN during that fiasco. Their call, not ours. :gulp:

The only thing that is "dicked up" is your lack of reading comprehension or critical thinking skills. I was trying to imply that the U.S. Gov't need not act like the knight in shining armor liberating Iraq when we have contributed to the misery there.:rolleyes:

BigBadBrian
11-20-2004, 09:19 PM
The only thing that is "dicked up" is your lack of reading comprehension or critical thinking skills. I was trying to imply that the U.S. Gov't need not act like the knight in shining armor liberating Iraq when we have contributed to the misery there.:rolleyes:

Typical liberal train of thought: defending Saddam until the end. I'm not surprised. :gulp:

Nickdfresh
11-20-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Typical liberal train of thought: defending Saddam until the end. I'm not surprised. :gulp:

You wouldn't know a brain thought from enema, here's $1, now go get yourself a fucking clue.

BigBadBrian
11-20-2004, 09:30 PM
You wouldn't know a brain thought from enema, here's $1, now go get yourself a fucking clue.

A whole $1? Is your wife availbable? :blow:

Nickdfresh
11-20-2004, 09:37 PM
I'm not married, my wife left when she found me in bed with your mother!

aesop
11-22-2004, 12:42 AM
This is the argument now.

We're not quite as bad as Saddam.

I'm so proud.

Sounds like the '04 DNC slogan: "Vote for Kerry...He's not quite as bad as Bush, and he even re-titled all 11 of his SUV's under various family member's names so you'd think he gave a shit about the environment"

Nickdfresh
11-22-2004, 08:52 AM
How topical!

ODShowtime
11-22-2004, 12:19 PM
I'm with ya Nick. Betraying the Shiites after GWI was one of George the first's many attacks on US credibility. How could they ever trust us again? Yet we have to make them trust us to get out of Iraq.

People with common sense see these things, look at history and realize how fucking stupid the Iraq war was.