PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow(Graham Bonnet)

Jack68
11-19-2004, 11:17 PM
ALL NIGHT LONG LIVE AND SINCE YOUVE BEEN GONE! i LOVE THIS SHIT!

bueno bob
11-20-2004, 02:24 AM
Don't forget Lost in Hollywood! :)

I actually own quite a few of Graham Bonnets albums...all the Alcatrazz stuff, Impellitteri's "Stand in Line", Blackthorne's "Afterlife", Rainbow's "Down to Earth", the MSG album and I think I've also still got a live in Australia solo album from him. Bonnet's a good singer.

Jack68
11-20-2004, 03:42 AM
you bet!JUst checin Bob!Lost in hollywood.ill get it!

WolfStar999
11-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Graham was interesting, but how does he stack up against Joe Lynn Turner?

bueno bob
11-23-2004, 12:52 AM
Against Turner? Well, my opinion is the Rainbow/JLT output was a lot more fun than Down to Earth, but Bonnet only had the one album to prove himself before Joe stepped in. Joe left us some good (but massively different) Rainbow classics, like Stone Cold, I Surrender, Power, Street of Dreams, Can't Let You Go, Spotlight Kid, etc etc...

Actually, Turner's next album is supposedly back to his Rainbow roots and that's from Turner's mouth himself, so it should be pretty fun.

Vivian Campbell
11-23-2004, 07:51 AM
A really awesome album. Only Blackmore could lose a singer like Ronnie James Dio and not miss a beat. This version of the band had a lot of potential because of Bonnet's voice and the style combined the Dio elements of Rainbow with Blackmore's vision to go more commerical. This is one of my favorite Blackmore guitar albums. Eyes of the World has an AMAZING Blackmore solo! Love the cover art as well.