PDA

View Full Version : 388 Billion Dollar Spending Bill Approved

blueturk
11-21-2004, 01:11 AM
Congress has passed a $388 billion spending bill that includes a new yacht for Dubya,more money to go to Mars,and much more! Remember,it's the "will of the people"...www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=6875356 (http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=6875356)

Nickdfresh
11-21-2004, 01:51 AM
Bush is a "Conservative" my ass! You SUCKERS!

Big Train
11-21-2004, 04:00 AM
When you consider that the money of America is counted in the TRILLIONS, this isn't as bad as it could be. When talking money, it seems we are intentionally leaving all the other things that go into economic decisions.

"Anybody but Bush" has morphed into "Blame It on Bush" or "Accuse Bush". That's the president's gig and all, but it is kinda weak.

Nickdfresh
11-21-2004, 11:07 AM
Just pointing out the latent hypocrisy of Bush as a "Fiscal Conservative."

aesop
11-21-2004, 11:15 AM
He never said he was a Fiscal Conservative, Nick. In fact, I think he labeled himself 'Compassionate Conservative'. 'Compassionate' is a word borrowed from the Dems and roughly translates into "spending fuckloads of money".

I don't like that side of government either, as spending on both sides is out of hand, with no end in sight.

Nickdfresh
11-21-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by aesop
He never said he was a Fiscal Conservative, Nick. In fact, I think he labeled himself 'Compassionate Conservative'. 'Compassionate' is a word borrowed from the Dems and roughly translates into "spending fuckloads of money".

I don't like that side of government either, as spending on both sides is out of hand, with no end in sight.

That's why we need a Democrat in office to put things right financially!

Seshmeister
11-22-2004, 09:35 AM
What's compassionate about making voters buy you a yacht?:)

Big Train
11-22-2004, 07:40 PM
Our problems are that Europe and other areas are not buying enough American goods, pure and simple. We are buying plenty of theirs, which creates our trade defecit. The spending bill is in line with our GDP.

Pink Spider
11-23-2004, 12:26 AM
I thought the yacht thing was a joke until I clicked the link.

Amazing.

FORD
11-23-2004, 05:11 PM
Let the Dumbass have his yacht. Hopefully he'll fall overboard

ODShowtime
11-23-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Pink Spider
I thought the yacht thing was a joke until I clicked the link.

Amazing.

holy shit! we are buying w a yacht! god damn...

Nickdfresh
11-23-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
holy shit! we are buying w a yacht! god damn...

It's a boon to yacht makers. Almost dozens of jobs might or might not be created!

Pink Spider
11-23-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Let the Dumbass have his yacht. Hopefully he'll fall overboard

I'm getting a whole Gilligan's Island vibe here.

Dick Cheney does kind of look like The Skipper. :p

FORD
11-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Pink Spider
I'm getting a whole Gilligan's Island vibe here.

Dick Cheney does kind of look like The Skipper. :p

Apparently there's a Gilligan's Island reality show (http://www.tbs.com/shows/therealgilligansisland/0,,35481,00.html) now, with two competing casts.

Why not add a third?

Gilligan - George Bush Jr.
Skipper - Dick Cheney
Ginger - Anndrew Coulter
Maryann - Condoleeza Rice
Professor - Donald Rumsfeld
Mr Howell - George Bush Sr.
Mrs Howell - Barbara Bush Sr.

Big Train
11-23-2004, 07:04 PM
Then Kerry could rescue them in his Swift Boat, correct??

Nickdfresh
11-23-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Apparently there's a Gilligan's Island reality show (http://www.tbs.com/shows/therealgilligansisland/0,,35481,00.html) now, with two competing casts.

Why not add a third?

Gilligan - George Bush Jr.
Skipper - Dick Cheney
Ginger - Anndrew Coulter
Maryann - Condoleeza Rice
Professor - Donald Rumsfeld
Mr Howell - George Bush Sr.
Mrs Howell - Barbara Bush Sr.

FORD
11-23-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Then Kerry could rescue them in his Swift Boat, correct??

Hopefully, he'd let em suffer. God knows it would be the first time in any of their lives they had to do someting for themselves.

Big Train
11-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Yea, maybe he can throw a grenade in their rice supply and get sharpnel on his ass...he is do for another medal...

LoungeMachine
11-23-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by aesop

Let's watch shall we, as the Party that controls the House, Senate, AND the White House spends us into financial ruin, on the backs of our children's children, strips us of all our rights, lies to our faces, and still finds a way to BLAME EVERYTHING THAT GOES WRONG ON THOSE DAMN LIBERAL DEMOCRATS.

Nice move pushing through your "Save Tom Delay" Act. nice.

Compassionate MY ASS.

Just WHO has this fuckstick shown compassion TO???????????????

His military, by trying to slash benefits?

10% of the population, by saying they have no right to be in a legal binding relationship?

Innocent Iraqis?

The only compassion Ive seen the Shrub show is to his energy cronies.
or the far right Christain Extremists

Grab some popcorn, the next 4 years is going to be a HELL of a show.

twonabomber
11-23-2004, 10:35 PM
a presidential yacht that would never go anywhere due to security concerns. is there a lake at Camp David?

FORD
11-23-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
a presidential yacht that would never go anywhere due to security concerns. is there a lake at Camp David?

There's a bass pond at the Crawford Pig Ranch. Maybe he'll put it there?

blueturk
11-24-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
Yea, maybe he can throw a grenade in their rice supply and get sharpnel on his ass...he is do for another medal...

Speaking of medals,did Dubya and Uncle Dick ever get their track medals for running away from the draft so fast?