PDA

View Full Version : FBI Agent Who Wrote Pre-9/11 Memo Said Concerns Over Racial Profiling May Have Preven

lucky wilbury
11-21-2004, 10:50 PM
http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBP2ZHYT1E.html

FBI Agent Who Wrote Pre-9/11 Memo Said Concerns Over Racial Profiling May Have Prevented Investigation
The Associated Press
Published: Nov 21, 2004

PHOENIX (AP) - The FBI agent who wrote a memo warning that terrorists were training at flight schools before the Sept. 11 attacks said concerns over racial profiling may have prevented officials from acting on his intelligence.

"If you look at the world prior to 9/11, we were prevented from doing certain things. We were victimized by our own restraints," Ken Williams told The Arizona Republic in his first interview since writing his now-famous memo in July 2001.

Williams' findings were based on investigations of Arizona aviation students tied to al-Qaida. At the time, he recommended the State Department coordinate with the FBI to provide information on flight students from Middle Eastern countries.

His memo was ignored by supervisors until after the attacks, but Williams said it was not a case of incompetence or malfeasance and he never blamed supervisors for the intelligence failure.

Even while writing his memo, Williams said, he never imagined that terrorists would fly a jumbo jet into a building. But on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, Williams said he was galvanized by one thought: "Osama bin Laden. It couldn't be anyone else."

Williams said he is still following leads from his memo, but he refused to discuss specific findings.

Williams also said Americans have to reclaim the sense of unity they had three years ago to thwart another terrorist attack.

"They are going to try and hit us again," he said.

Nickdfresh
11-22-2004, 09:39 AM
Good excuse.

Or maybe it was the Bush family fearing they would upset all of his Saudi business partners like the Bin Laden clan. About as plausible.

Nickdfresh
11-22-2004, 09:58 AM
"By the way, we are no longer investigating organized crime since this obviously smacks of anti-Italian-American defamation! Thank you that is all"

The FBI.

Switch84
11-22-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
"By the way, we are no longer investigating organized crime since this obviously smacks of anti-Italian-American defamation! Thank you that is all"

The FBI.

:p Hmmm. Italian-Americans were crying about the HBO hit, "The Sopranos", so this isn't too far-fetched, Darling Nikki!

And you like to use African-Americans as your favorite whipping boy/girl. EVERYBODY will bitch about stereotypes.

"The Sopranos" isn't a hit for nothing! That's the reason I have HBO in the first place.

TONY SOPRANO RULES!!!!!!

fugeddaboutit!

Nickdfresh
11-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
[B]And you like to use African-Americans as your favorite whipping boy/girl. EVERYBODY will bitch about stereotypes.

Making shit up again Switch? That's all I do is attack African-Americans.

I'm not the one against affirmative action. That's your conservative buddies! Not me.

I wonder what Ashcroft thinks of Martin Luther King Jr.? I bet he thinks he was a "no-good commie subversive." That would fit into his delusional, paranoid right-wing Hooveresque fantasies.

Switch84
11-22-2004, 12:20 PM
Making shit up again Switch? That's all I do is attack African-Americans.

I'm not the one against affirmative action. That's your conservative buddies! Not me.

I wonder what Ashcroft thinks of Martin Luther King Jr.? I bet he thinks he was a "no-good commie subversive." That would fit into his delusional, paranoid right-wing Hooveresque fantasies.

:p Listen (okay, READ it) to what you're saying! This thread's not about Affirmative Action. Noone mentioned Dr. King. You are obsessed with any kind of civil rights issue or figure! For the umpteenth time, I DO NOT SUPPORT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION! IT IS NOT NEEDED NOW! WHITE WOMEN WERE THE BIGGEST BENEFACTORS OF AA!

Now stop being a repetitive bad boy and post your bootyshot, DAMN IT!

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

Nickdfresh
11-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Then stop implying that everyone who disagrees with you is using Dr. Rice as a whipping (girl).

Switch84
11-22-2004, 03:16 PM
Then stop implying that everyone who disagrees with you is using Dr. Rice as a whipping (girl).

:D You, first!

Nickdfresh
11-22-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:p Hmmm. Italian-Americans were crying about the HBO hit, "The Sopranos", so this isn't too far-fetched, Darling Nikki!

And you like to use African-Americans as your favorite whipping boy/girl. EVERYBODY will bitch about stereotypes.

"The Sopranos" isn't a hit for nothing! That's the reason I have HBO in the first place.

TONY SOPRANO RULES!!!!!!

fugeddaboutit!

I agree, but using "racial profiling" is a big crutch and a lame excuse for some very poor policework/counter-terrorism.

But then again, if your in the FBI your fucked either way because the left wing wants you to be totally politically correct and the right wing jumps all over your ass with their cryptic-pro-Nazi delusions (i.e. Waco, and the Randy Weaver standoff.)

You're either covering up Presidential assignations or killing Pentagon officials to protect Clinton.