PDA

View Full Version : TV campaign urging: Kick U.N. out of U.S.

John Ashcroft
11-22-2004, 08:13 AM
A new anti-United Nations television campaign is reversing the familiar refrain "get the U.S. out of the U.N.," and instead urges the global body be kicked out of the U.S.

"The U.N. has become an apologist and defender of terrorist organizations and their agents," says the 60-second commercial, which points out the recent Oil-for-Food scandal involving the U.N.

"Billions of dollars intended for humanitarian aid instead went to pay the families of Palestinian terrorists, and to buy weapons for Iraq-based terrorists. Millions more went to bribe journalists and officials in countries opposing Operation Iraqi Freedom, like France, Germany and Russia, the most vocal critics of the war. What a coincidence."

It continues by asking: "We tell other countries not to harbor organizations that support terrorists, why then do we harbor the U.N. here in America?"

Spearheading the campaign to boot the U.N. is the conservative organization, Move America Forward, which was founded by former California Assemblyman Howard Kaloogian and San Francisco talk-radio personality Melanie Morgan.

Kaloogian recently chaired the Recall Gray Davis Committee, which led the push that replaced the embattled California governor with Arnold Schwarzenegger. He also helped rally millions of Americans to oppose the airing of the CBS movie "The Reagans," which portrayed the former first family in a negative light.

"The recent revelations on the U.N. Oil-for-Food scandal are the final straws in making the case against the U.N.," said Kaloogian. "The U.S. government is resolved to take action against nations that harbor terrorists or organizations which provide financial aid or in-kind assistance to terrorists. Why, then does our nation play host to, and harbor, the United Nations when recent evidence implicates the U.N.'s role in providing assistance to terrorists such as Yasser Arafat and Saddam Hussein?"

The group is asking concerned citizens to sign its online petition (http://www.moveamericaforward.org/?Page=Petition) which will be delivered to President Bush and leaders of Congress, as well as the U.N.

The petition concludes by stating, "We, the undersigned, do therefore call for the following to take place immediately:

Removal of the United Nations Headquarters facilities from New York, relocating it outside of the United States and any of its territories.

A thorough review of the U.S. financial contributions to the U.N. with a goal of a more equitable payment schedule. Until that review is concluded, eliminate all the payments made by the United States to the United Nations."

Response to the effort thus far has been overwhelming, according to the group.

"I have never seen such a vigorous response to any grassroots effort like there's been to this effort to take serious steps to sanction the U.N. for it's coddling of terrorists and terrorist-supporting regimes," said Morgan of KSFO Radio.

"We need drastic change right away, and that begins with getting the U.N. out of this country and all the terrorist-sympathizing U.N. agents out of here immediately. Then we need to re-examine the amount of money that we provide the U.N. Americans pay too much to the U.N. for the treatment we receive," she said.

Link: here (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41573)

FORD
11-22-2004, 09:04 AM
Where's the "Kick the BCE out of the US" petition?

Seshmeister
11-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Where's the 'Kick Saudi Arabia out of the US' petition?

Nickdfresh
11-22-2004, 09:36 AM
How about kicking the Michigan Militia out?

ODShowtime
11-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Where's the 'kick spammy hagar out of the US" petition?

Diver Down NJ
11-22-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by FORD

They had one on Nov. 2. It didn't get enough votes. :D

Switch84
11-22-2004, 11:09 AM
:p Where's the "kick the KKK/Aryan Nation/Nazis out of the US" petition?

Fuck the UN. Get them out of here. Let them hng out in Scotland (wink, wink Sesh Baby!)

Where's the "Kick the crybaby Liberals out of the US" petition? I'll sign thatone in a HEARTBEAT!

Seshmeister
11-22-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Switch84

Fuck the UN. Get them out of here. Let them hng out in Scotland (wink, wink Sesh Baby!)

Cool.

We'll take all the economic benefits NYC gets at the moment.

Nickdfresh
11-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Cool.

True! Conservatives fucked over NYC by allowing the terrorists to attack the U.S. there and severally hurting the economy, now they want to hurt NYC again. Nothing like mindless cunts running the world.

BigBadBrian
11-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
True! Conservatives fucked over NYC by allowing the terrorists to attack the U.S. there and severally hurting the economy, now they want to hurt NYC again. Nothing like mindless cunts running the world.

Say it enough and the mindless twits may actually believe you. Enough liberal twits actually believed Dickie Clarke. His book was pig crap. :gulp:

Nickdfresh
11-22-2004, 12:23 PM
And enough Conservative Twats believe Condelezza Rice's 9/11 testimony!

Seshmeister
11-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
And enough Conservative Twats believe Condelezza Rice's 9/11 testimony!

The biggest disaster to hit the US since WWII and you get a half assed inquiry where key people don't need to take oaths or give public testimony. Those that do get cross examined by politically biased appointee's.

There should have been public outrage with people protesting on the streets!

Nickdfresh
11-22-2004, 12:36 PM
The biggest disaster to hit the US since WWII and you get a half assed inquiry where key people don't need to take oaths or give public testimony. Those that do get cross examined by politically biased appointee's.

There should have been public outrage with people protesting on the streets!

And an Inquiry that the Bush Admin. tried to suppress to cover their monumental ineptitude.

Switch84
11-22-2004, 12:45 PM
Cool.

:D :p Ok! IT'S YOURS!!! May we have a couple of your cutie countrymen in all of their kilt-wearing glory?

LMAO!

McCarrens
11-22-2004, 03:46 PM

Well, we did have the election a few weeks ago and we all now know how that would turn out...

McCarrens
11-22-2004, 03:48 PM
Oh, and props up to me siging...

FORD
11-22-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by McCarrens
Well, we did have the election a few weeks ago and we all now know how that would turn out...

Yeah..... Diebolded :(

McCarrens
11-22-2004, 04:00 PM
Yeah..... Diebolded :(

Ford, you're no fun anymore. How predictable was that?

You need to make up some newbullshit to post on the site.

Switch84
11-22-2004, 04:47 PM
Ford, you're no fun anymore. How predictable was that?

You need to make up some newbullshit to post on the site.

;) He will. Don't encourage him!

McCarrens
11-22-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
;) He will. Don't encourage him!

Hell, I hope he does!

We've so throughly debunked all his BCE bullshit that this site isn't as much fun as it used to be.

Switch84
11-22-2004, 05:12 PM
Hell, I hope he does!

We've so throughly debunked all his BCE bullshit that this site isn't as much fun as it used to be.

;) Everybody has their 'Boogeyman'. And 'Boogeymen' aren't real.......

DrMaddVibe
11-22-2004, 05:15 PM
About time! What a fradulent scam paid for by US tax dollars.

Let them move to France, and we'll use the building for something worthwhile!

Warham
11-22-2004, 05:20 PM
I'm all for disbanding the UN entirely, not just kicking them out of our country.

Of course if the UN was disbanded the New World Order would be put on hold even longer, so no dice on that one.

It was a nice thought.

Viking
11-22-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally quoted by Seshmeister:

Yeah. And the unpaid millions in traffic tickets. And the double-and-triple parking in the middle of busy streets. Among other things.

Go for it.You might wanna check with Pandora before you open that crate.

lucky wilbury
11-22-2004, 06:47 PM
the un doesn't add shit to nyc. hell the un owes nyc millions in overtime for the cops that have to deal with those losers. the only thing the un does for nyc is fuck up mid town traffic.

FORD
11-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Warham

Of course if the UN was disbanded the New World Order would be put on hold even longer, so no dice on that one.

You really are clueless, aren't you.

Two world leaders have used the phrase "New World Order"

The first was Adolf Hitler.

The second was George Bush Sr.

And we are all aware of the direct link between the two.

So how exactly is it that the UN is to blame for the fascist New World Order that the BCE has been trying to bring about since the 1930's?

ELVIS
11-22-2004, 07:28 PM
And we are all aware of the direct link between the two.

No, we're not...

John Ashcroft
11-22-2004, 07:34 PM
I'm not.

(Oh, and that isn't a request for that silly little "family tree" you like to post Ford....)

ELVIS
11-22-2004, 07:39 PM
FORD has BCE conspiracies to explain away everything, but he thinks nothing of all the people who have mysteriously died around Clinton...

Yeah right...:rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
11-22-2004, 07:49 PM
What ever happened to "keep your enemies close?" which is why the UN is largely still here to begin with.

lucky wilbury
11-22-2004, 08:54 PM
the only reason the un is here is because half the world was still bombed to shit because of ww2.

WolfStar999
11-22-2004, 09:16 PM
Isolationism. Yeah- that would really help improve our standing in the world. We all know how well bull-shit agendas like that have worked to our advantage...or does anybody remember World War I & II?

Maybe this will sound idealistic, but at least the UN is trying to keep things running in a somewhat orderly fashion here- That's a pretty tough job, and the people within the organization are by no stretch of the word perfect.
But here's a radical notion and I don't give a fuck what people think of me for saying it: NEITHER ARE WE.

As much as I love America, I realize that we are not the Be-all, end-all shit that we like to front ourselves as being. We're just one more country on this planet, and we're as fucked up as everybody else in one way or another. You want a real solution? Here's one- clean up the UN and the way it operates. Don't tear the whole house down because you got problems with the furniture.

And here's another one: as an American and a thinking human being, I propose that we quit all the bull-shit macho posturing and kneejerk dick-waving that we have become so notorious for of late and start making real progress towards some noble goals like oh I don't know- world peace, ending racism, feeding the hungry, nuclear disarmament, you take your pick.

I'd rather light a candle than curse the darkness any time. CAN I GET AN AMEN?
:killer: :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer:

John Ashcroft
11-22-2004, 09:26 PM
Uh, I don't consider actually addressing terrorism as "bull-shit macho posturing" or "kneejerk dick-waiving".

I suppose we could return to the previous administration's policy of appeasement, and hope our town's not hit next...

Oh, also. Riddle me this batman... How many terrorist attacks on American soil have happened since 9/11? How many prior?

Nickdfresh
11-22-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Uh, I don't consider actually addressing terrorism as "bull-shit macho posturing" or "kneejerk dick-waiving".

I suppose we could return to the previous administration's policy of appeasement, and hope our town's not hit next...

Oh, also. Riddle me this batman... How many terrorist attacks on American soil have happened since 9/11? How many prior?

The "previous administration" followed the same policy as the current administration prior 9/11. It was not appeasement but blissful ignorance.

John Ashcroft
11-22-2004, 09:52 PM
It was appeasement. There was no "bliss" after the Khobar towers, or the first bombing of the Trade Center, or the Embassies in Africa, or the U.S.S. Cole.

If there was, that's fucked up.

WolfStar999
11-22-2004, 11:39 PM

"Waiving"?! I didn't excuse anything here, Johnny. And please, no quoting Joel Schumacker's bastardized celluloid monstrosities. As an ardent admirer of film, I must call for his immediate tarring and feathering followed by a good round of strap-on sodomy by Anne Coulter (fresh off the gang bang and a trip to Sonic and hungry for more action! Atta Girl!)

Cathedral
11-23-2004, 01:32 AM
It doesn't really matter where the U.N. parks its bike. They have pulled plenty of wool over the eyes of everyone right where they are.

I'm all for a reform of the U.N. but kicking them out isn't the greatest of ideas ever.

Like Nickfresh said, keep your enemies closer.

Seshmeister
11-23-2004, 06:58 AM
How many terrorist attacks on American soil have happened since 9/11? How many prior?

None and almost none?

Nickdfresh
11-23-2004, 07:35 AM
It was appeasement. There was no "bliss" after the Khobar towers, or the first bombing of the Trade Center, or the Embassies in Africa, or the U.S.S. Cole.

If there was, that's fucked up.

Some people were arrested and I suspect others were assassinated in retaliation for all of the above, but Clinton had to deal with obstructionist Saudis, Yemenis, and most of all our Pakistani "allies" with there own agenda. The only appeasement was by the Reagan and 1st Bush administration when we helped train some of the mujahadeen we are now fighting.

The American people were a little more pissed after 9/11 and most nations picked up on that and responded with sympathy and fear. Pity Bush squandered that.

Nickdfresh
11-23-2004, 07:43 AM
November 23, 2004

THE WORLD
150 Cases Found in U.N. Sex Abuse Inquiry in Congo
Annan vows to punish any found guilty in the incidents, which allegedly involve civilian staff as well as troops serving as peacekeepers.

By Maggie Farley, Times Staff Writer

KINSHASA, Congo — When Kofi Annan sent investigators in the spring to look into rumors that U.N. officials and peacekeepers were sexually abusing girls in this war-riven nation, he got back some bad news.

Not only were there more than 150 cases of alleged rape and exploitation — one involving a senior official in charge of security — there also were pictures and videos of some incidents. And one of the investigators sent here was caught soliciting a prostitute.

Last week, the United Nations secretary-general publicly acknowledged the misconduct, and vowed to halt it and punish those involved.

"I am afraid there is clear evidence that acts of gross misconduct have taken place. This is a shameful thing for the United Nations to have to say, and I am absolutely outraged by it," Annan said Friday while attending a summit in neighboring Tanzania. He added that he had "zero tolerance" for sexual exploitation and abuse.

The U.N. mission in Congo has 10,800 military personnel supporting a fragile peace pact signed last year after more than four years of fighting, which left at least 2 million people dead, many from hunger and disease. An additional 6,000 peacekeepers are due in coming months.

The U.N. has been struggling with how to handle the allegations since they surfaced earlier this year. In May, Annan's special representative to Congo, William Lacy Swing, announced that he would investigate Uruguayan peacekeepers accused of having sex with girls at a refugee camp in the northeastern Congolese town of Bunia.

Inquiries turned up dozens more cases allegedly involving girls between the ages of 12 and 15 who would be offered fruit or a piece of cake for sex.

In July, Annan quietly appointed Jordan's ambassador to the U.N., Prince Zeid Raad Hussein, to look into the charges along with Swing. Zeid, a former peacekeeper who had dealt with similar allegations involving Jordanian soldiers in East Timor, returned from Congo this month and recommended sweeping changes in U.N. operations.

Officials expect more cases to surface. "When you stir the pot, more comes to the top," Jean-Marie Guehenno, undersecretary-general for peacekeeping, said last week in an interview in Kenya. "But we are sending a message that we will not compromise on this," he said. If it is a U.N. official, then we will lift his immunity" and press for his prosecution.

The U.N. does not have the power to criminally prosecute its officials or peacekeepers, but it can lift their immunity from prosecution where they are serving. It also can fire or suspend peacekeepers and send them home to face justice.

A French civilian official was expelled from Congo this month and has been indicted in France under a recent law designed to halt sex tourism. Two Tunisian peacekeepers have been deported, and officials from Australia and Haiti are to be sent home soon.

Peacekeepers' involvement with prostitutes has long been a problem for the United Nations. In 2001, U.N. police officers in Kosovo set up a brothel and a network for trafficking prostitutes. Some governments have asked that U.N. troops be tested for HIV before accepting them.

But the cases in Congo are particularly troubling because they involve allegations of rape and exploitation of girls, and because the accusations extend beyond soldiers to U.N. civilian staff. At least five cases involving mid- and senior-level officials are being investigated, Swing said.

Swing is not allowing accused soldiers to leave Congo until the investigations are complete. U.N. personnel are also being given sensitivity training, and countries that send troops are signing code-of-conduct agreements for their soldiers.

A new investigative team was to arrive in Congo on Monday to look into the situation here. Another team will address allegations in other countries.

"We are giving this our highest priority," Swing said. "Change has to come from the top…. We have to send the message that this is absolutely not acceptable."