PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy Osbourne : Speak Of The Devil

Wayne L.
02-01-2004, 09:00 AM
Speak Of The Devil released in 83 by Ozzy Osbourne is one of the greatest classic rock live albums of all time as well as being one of Ozzy's best live albums as a solo artist even though the live tracks consist of his Black Sabbath rock classics without any of his solo material but SOTD is Ozzy at his finest with great ballsy, blistering live versions of War Pigs, Black Sabbath, Snowblind, The Wizard, Sweet Leaf, Paranoid & more with bassist Rudy Sarzo, drummer Tommy Aldridge & guitarist Brad Gillis as his backup band which is why SOTD was part of my record collection during my younger days.

Full Bug
02-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Speak Of The Devil was the first thing that got me into rock n roll, enough said......

Eyes of the Night
02-01-2004, 10:13 AM
SOTD!?

Yo system of the down is phat!;) ...

Been fucking whitch ya all night broham ... welcome to da boards ya rookie!:D

:gulp:

Mr Badguy
02-01-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
Speak Of The Devil...was part of my record collection during my younger days.

Why?

Don`t you have it anymore?

The best live Ozzy album.

Gillis`s playing is very under-rated, taking Iommi`s riffs and giving them the full 80`s treatment.

Mr Badguy
02-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Eyes
SOTD!?

SOTD=Speak of the devil

It`s System of A down, shit for brains.

Wake up!

Satan
02-01-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Eyes
SOTD!?

Been fucking whitch ya all night broham ... welcome to da boards ya rookie!:D

Wayne is certainly no rookie, Derwood. he's been around these parts almost as long as my Most Unholy self.

Panamark
02-03-2004, 01:33 AM
Better live album than Tribute ???????

Mr Badguy
02-03-2004, 04:30 AM
Yes, I think so.

The material is not in question as the songs are all bona-fide Sabbath classics.

The sound is a lot bigger than "Tribute" and Ozzy is really going for it.

I love Randy Rhoads, he was one of the biggest influences on my playing in my younger days, but Gillis lets rip with some excellent tremelo work.

It`s close, but I`m going with SOTD.

Hecubus
02-03-2004, 11:57 PM
Punctuation, dude. There are more keys on the board than just the letters.....

Leandro Pujiz
02-07-2004, 10:38 PM
Itīs the best live album ever....and the best production ever...

And Ozzy was a real entertainer in that time...now heīs just an old man doing crap for MTV...

Mr Badguy
02-08-2004, 07:14 AM
Yes, and unfortunately that`s all I can think of now when I listen to any of his records.

I used to be a real big Ozzy fan but he`s just another money grabbing fuck who`ll do anything to sell records/T shirts/dolls/videos/DVDs etc.

It`s really tarnished those records for me.

All you get now are little boys saying "Yeah, Ozzy rocks" cos of his TV show.

Where were they when he was making kick ass albums 20 years ago?

Gmoney
02-08-2004, 08:22 PM
I just think it is funny that Ozzy & Speak are in the same sentence......SHAAAAAAARON!!

singerman
02-15-2004, 12:07 PM
mmmm.....i really think poor old ozzy doesnt know his arse from his elbow anymore......and sharon just keeps on pushing him further away from his music and into the mess he's become in recent years....its really really sad...i reckon when he does finally pop off...certain people within the 'ozzy circle'....should be held accountable for turning him into a performing seal....evil fuckers

Seshmeister
02-15-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Better live album than Tribute ???????

Not in my opinion but if I ever want to listen to Sabbath it's the one I put on.

Cheers!

Leo VanNewhouse
02-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy All you get now are little boys saying "Yeah, Ozzy rocks" cos of his TV show.

I know exactly what you mean. People go:"Oh Ozzy, is so cool", and I go do you know who Ozzy really is???, and they go yeah from his show...I'm like whatever. If I ask who RR is they go wtf??? Stupid people...