PDA

View Full Version : Cathedral damaged in apparent anti-gay exorcism...

ELVIS
11-25-2004, 04:05 AM
Informal exorcism at St. Paul Cathedral prompts investigation

Nov. 24, 2004

Associated Press (http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/news/politics/10263482.htm)

ST. PAUL - Police are investigating an informal exorcism at the Cathedral of St. Paul, which was directed at gay Roman Catholics and will cost thousands of dollars to clean up, police and church officials said.

They said the ritualistic sprinkling of blessed oil and salt around the church and in donation boxes earlier this month amounted to costly vandalism and possibly a hate crime.

The damage was discovered Nov. 7 after the noon Mass, and after words were exchanged between members of the Rainbow Sash Alliance, a gay rights group, and the opposing group, Catholics Against Sacrilege.

Police speculate the damage could have been done anytime between late Saturday afternoon and during the Mass itself.

The groups are at odds over gays participating in communion, one of the holiest rites in the church. Earlier this year, about 40 men, members of the group Ushers of the Eucharist, knelt in the aisles at the Cathedral to block Rainbow members from taking communion.

The Rev. Michael Skluzacek, rector of the cathedral, said he immediately understood the symbolism when he was told that someone had sprinkled the oil and salt around the church.

"It's a sign of exorcism," he told the Star Tribune of Minneapolis. "It's a sign of casting out the power of evil."

He said salt is used to bless holy water, and the oil, once it is blessed by a bishop, is used for consecrations. By sprinkling the salt and oil, he said, the vandals thought they were making the church holy again.

"Regardless of why they did it, it was a very disruptive act," Skluzacek said.

He estimated the clean up cost at thousands of dollars, involving crews working three days to remove the oil and salt and cleaning the doors, steps and boxes.

A report was filed with St. Paul police, who said the case could be prosecuted as a hate crime if someone is arrested.

"It does have an element of hate and bias to it," said police spokesman Paul Schnell, who noted that the incident seemed aimed to coincide with the presence of the Rainbow Sash group.

Schnell said police have no leads, but several religious people familiar with the case said it is probably the work of fringe Catholics who advocate using sacramentals, or holy objects, to cleanse places where gays take communion.

"I don't know who did it," said Dr. David Pence, a member of Ushers of the Eucharist. "I do know that some people have used sacramentals to engage in some kind of holy war against people. Nobody wants to see church property damaged in the name of an exorcism."

Michael Bayly, coordinator of the Catholic Pastoral Committee on Sexual Minorities, an advocacy group for gays and lesbians, said such fringe groups perceive gays and lesbians who take communion as evil.

He said he received an e-mail Nov. 5 from a man who threatened to douse Rainbow Sash members at the Nov. 7 Mass with what he described as "exorcised" oil blessed by a priest.

Bayly said the same man often appears at CPCSM and Rainbow Sash events and prays the rosary while walking apart from group members.

"I didn't make the connection until now," Bayly said Tuesday.

:elvis:

FORD
11-25-2004, 11:37 AM
Anti gay exorcism??
How about an anti hate exorcism?? Because hate is definitely from the Devil

What would happen if you exorcized a gay demon anyway? Would you have to recite lyrics from showtunes while doing the ceremony? Would the demon yell out "your father sucks cocks in Hell"?

Exactly how does this differ from a heterosexual exorcism?

Ally_Kat
11-25-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
The groups are at odds over gays participating in communion, one of the holiest rites in the church.

Well, too bad. There is nothing anywhere in the faith that says homosexuals cannot be practicing within the faith or that they can be barred from communion.

I say that those who were the target of this go and do an exorcism on this guy's house.

DEMON CUNT
11-27-2004, 03:23 AM
And Catholic priests are great in bed! Just ask any Catholic boy about his first rim job.

JCOOK
11-27-2004, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Anti gay exorcism??

What would happen if you exorcized a gay demon anyway? Would you have to recite lyrics from showtunes while doing the ceremony? Would the demon yell out "your father sucks cocks in Hell"?

Nice I'm agreeing with Ford ..."Father Merrick....Damie!..Damie!, Why you do this to me Damie?!":D :D :D

JCOOK
11-27-2004, 06:54 AM
I'm sorry but its' Fther Merrin

JCOOK
11-27-2004, 06:56 AM
"Its a wonderful day for an exorcism"

Katydid
11-27-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Anti gay exorcism??

I don't know, but if you find out send the exorcist to HITCHworld. It's full of gays.

Cathedral
11-27-2004, 09:10 AM
I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, can't prove anything...

LoungeMachine
11-27-2004, 09:34 AM
I clicked on this thread expecting some dirt on a certain Mod in here.....

Just goes to show ya......

Hey Cath, it depends on what the definition of "it" is.......

Cathedral
11-27-2004, 10:24 AM
LMMFAO, I did not perform an exorcism on that gay fuck!

Elvis and his word play, rather amusing ain't he? lol.

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 11:02 AM
As long as you're not damaged...;)

FORD
11-27-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Katydid
I don't know, but if you find out send the exorcist to HITCHworld. It's full of gays.

Nah, they aren't gay, they're just British. ;)

Nickdfresh
11-27-2004, 02:05 PM

Get back there ye bitch! The power of CHrist compels you! The power of CHrist compels you! The power of CHrist compels you! The power of CHrist compels you! The power of CHrist compels you! The power of CHrist compels you! The power of CHrist compels you! The power of CHrist compels you!...

Seshmeister
11-27-2004, 08:34 PM

Katy with a face like yours you shouldn't be so keen to rule out 50% of the population.

You should grab anything that will let you...:)

Cathedral
11-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Katy with a face like yours you shouldn't be so keen to rule out 50% of the population.

You should grab anything that will let you...:)

Dude, she has a face only a blind man could stomach.

Nickdfresh
11-27-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Dude, she has a face only a blind man could stomach.

She has a face that could turn a man blind!

rustoffa
11-27-2004, 08:57 PM
Botox with goat blood.

Half & Half with a dash of ringers lactate.

Fuck, it's worth a shot.

Ally_Kat
11-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
And Catholic priests are great in bed! Just ask any Catholic boy about his first rim job.

um...no. It's not any Catholic boy. It's any altar boy.

If you're going to go crack a joke abotu the faith, at least get it right.

Seshmeister
11-27-2004, 11:04 PM
Priests are very fussy that way.

If you can't hit a high C they're not interested...

Switch84
11-28-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Priests are very fussy that way.

If you can't hit a high C they're not interested...

:lol: :bananna: :bottle: They must be big fans of eunuchs, Sesh.

ROFLMMFAOBT