PDA

View Full Version : more roth out of print

hard rock
11-25-2004, 11:53 AM
Hey you guys a buddy of mine who works for Warner Canada tells me he hears through the grapevine at work that Crazy From The Heat,Eat Em and Smile and Skyscraper are all being deleted. He said they may consider consolidating them into a budget 10 song compilation etc etc.

he says sales are down and warner does not think its worth it. He suggests everyone go to amazon, tower records, sam goody etc etc and just look them up on web site. Maybe even consider purchasing another copy here and there if they see interest from the public then they may change their plans.

he suggest that you place a review a current one even if you did already on those web sites under different names to make it look like new fans are picking them up etc etc.

We got work to do Roth Soldiers

hard rock
11-25-2004, 11:54 AM
You know what pisses me off is that most if not all of Sammy Hagars catalogue is available and most of it reaks and Roth is vanishing it doesnt make any sense to me

DLR7884
11-25-2004, 12:01 PM
Unfortunatley, the listening public this day in age is a mass of morons.

DLR7884
That's just the way it is.

hard rock
11-25-2004, 02:27 PM
you said it. its really sad when artists like avril lavigne and britney spears sells more and gets more attention than a bona fide super star with real talent

dave_is_vh
11-25-2004, 02:31 PM
Record companies today are operated like consumer product companies such as General Mills and Procter & Gamble. The results speak for themselves.

hard rock
11-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Its like my buddy at warner canada says , we need to make it look like there is a demand for it to help save it. he also suggest calling up your local record stores and asking if they have those albums in stock. if they dont get them to order it in. give them a fake name and contact # or even if you give them the real info when they call you just tell them you found it somewhere else. the store will just put it on their shelves but the record company sees it as product shipped out.

if they get a lot of that or even inquiries on the web sites it may give the impression its still in demand. they may even bring back the Best album that was deleted as well. Who ever heard of a best of album being deleted? makes no sense

DeadOrAlive
11-25-2004, 07:35 PM
Wow....

aesop
11-25-2004, 09:39 PM
I just bought a replacement copy of ALAE off of eBay. It was supposed to be "New and Sealed". It was, but it was a cut-out :( I knew he was in trouble then.

DLR7884
11-26-2004, 10:08 AM
The "Best Of" wasn't a Warner Bros release....it was Rhino.

Are they a part of Warner Bros?

DLR7884
I have no clue.

hard rock
11-26-2004, 10:32 AM
hey yeah rhino is another division of warner.

hard rock
11-26-2004, 10:35 AM
i have gone on amazon us and canada, tower records, best buy,sam goody, walmart and hmv stores here in canada and looked up roth albums and prices etc etc, i have called up hmv locations here in toronto and asked that they order in roth albums that are out of stock at their stores. i have 3 copies of eat em and smile and 4 of skyscraper coming in. they all had crazy from the heat.

bastardog
11-26-2004, 10:51 AM
OK........I enlist on that
I will do my part in Puerto Rico

hard rock
11-26-2004, 10:57 AM
Good stuff bastard dog, whats the availability out in puerto rico as far as roth albums go are they easy to find or hard. can you still get all the albums or just the same ones we have here

aesop
11-26-2004, 11:21 AM
Don't forget that all main releases are available online via mp3 downloads. I verified on iTunes, Real Music, and WMP. Nothing after ALAE except 'Best Of', but everything up to that was on.

Steve Savicki
11-26-2004, 02:56 PM
With all 4 CftH tunes on the '97 Best of, it would not be surprising if Crazy is deleted.