PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who missed U2 on SNL last week

FORD
11-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Someone captured this on a stand-alone DVD-R and put it up over at easytree so here ya go! (http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=15035&hit=1)

This is a bit torrent download, so if you don't have a client, better go here (http://www.bittornado.com) first.

The band performs 2 songs from the new album, "Vertigo" and "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" as well as a surprise version of "I Will Follow" which happened at the very end of the show. The studio audience was actually privileged to hear a 4th song (or possibly even more), but NBC cut the video feed. Like they had something better to put on the air at 1:00 in the morning?

If the missing song(s) ever surface, FORD will provide the way to get them :cool:

Zebra Three
11-25-2004, 10:36 PM
Thank you for posting that,FORD....but I have had some computer problems the last few months so I am a little afraid of downloading Torrent .. :o

Jesus Christ
11-26-2004, 12:04 AM
Bit Torrent clients are directly connections between thee and the other computers sharing the exact same file. If there are any differences in the content of the file, i.e. a virus embedded in, then the file will not match and will not be allowed to join the torrent stream. So if thy computer is operating OK otherwise, there's very little risk of damage from using a Bit Torrent client.

FORD
11-26-2004, 02:30 PM
Jesus uses Bit Torrent. Now THAT's an endorsement :D

Nickdfresh
11-26-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by FORD

I can't get it to work. It downloads at an absurdly low rate (only 17 hours left in this download!). I have cable and everything else works fine. Anyone know what the problem is?

Zebra Three
11-26-2004, 05:12 PM

He's never let me down so I will try it..:)...

Zebra Three
11-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I can't get it to work. It downloads at an absurdly low rate (only 17 hours left in this download!). I have cable and everything else works fine. Anyone know what the problem is?

Uh-oh....I have not tried to download it yet...have you got it to work yet?:confused:

FORD
11-26-2004, 09:34 PM

Sounds like a firewall issue. For either a hardware or a software router, you can open a single port or a range of ports for your torrent application. The least number of ports open is the most secure, of course, but if you plan on doing multiple torrents simultaneously, you might want to leave a few ports open Ports 6881 to 6889 is a good range.

Here's a link (http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/73686) where someone describes the procedure on a Linksys router, complete with screen shots. If you don't have a hardware firewall and are using software such as Zone Alarm or Symantec/Norton Internet Security, the same thing needs to be done there, except you'll probably just be able to toggle the settings for your Bit Torrent Client. There should be settings to "allow all traffic" or words to that effect.

aesop
11-26-2004, 09:38 PM

You need Jesus, obviously!

Nickdfresh
11-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Sounds like a firewall issue. For either a hardware or a software router, you can open a single port or a range of ports for your torrent application. The least number of ports open is the most secure, of course, but if you plan on doing multiple torrents simultaneously, you might want to leave a few ports open Ports 6881 to 6889 is a good range.

Here's a link (http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/73686) where someone describes the procedure on a Linksys router, complete with screen shots. If you don't have a hardware firewall and are using software such as Zone Alarm or Symantec/Norton Internet Security, the same thing needs to be done there, except you'll probably just be able to toggle the settings for your Bit Torrent Client. There should be settings to "allow all traffic" or words to that effect.

Being paranoid, I have both a Linksys hardware and the Norton 2005 software firewall. Thanks, I'll look into to it because it seems like a very interesting site with lots of live goodies.