PDA

View Full Version : N. Korea Tests Weapons on People, Gases Inmates-BBC

lucky wilbury
02-01-2004, 05:41 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=574&u=/nm/20040201/wl_nm/rights_korea_experiments_dc&printer=1

N. Korea Tests Weapons on People, Gases Inmates-BBC
Sat Jan 31, 7:13 PM ET Add World - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Peter Apps

LONDON (Reuters) - A program made by Britain's BBC says North Korea (news - web sites) is killing political prisoners in experimental gas chambers and testing new chemical weapons on women and children.

Titled "Access to Evil" and being aired on Sunday, the program features an official North Korean document that says political prisoners are used to test new chemical weapons.

In a statement, the BBC said the documentary included comments by Kwon Hyuk, a new name given to a former military attache at the North Korean embassy in Beijing and chief of management at Prison Camp 22.

Using a drawing, he describes a gas chamber and the victims he says he saw at the prison in the northeast of the secretive communist state, near the Russian border.

"I witnessed a whole family being tested on suffocating gas and dying in the gas chamber. The parents, son and a daughter. The parents were vomiting and dying, but till the very last moment they tried to save kids by doing mouth-to-mouth breathing," he said.

"Normally, a family sticks together (in the gas chamber)... and individual prisoners stand separately around the corners. Scientists observe the entire process from above, through the glass."

Asked how he felt about the children, he said: "It would be a total lie for me to say I felt sympathetic about the children dying such a painful death. Under the society and the regime I was in at the time, I only felt that they were the enemies. So I felt no sympathy or pity for them at all."

The documentary for the BBC's "This World" series was to be broadcast at 9 p.m. (2100 GMT).

EXPERIMENTS

North Korean officials in London were unavailable to comment. BBC journalist Olenka Frenkiel told Reuters she had three independent confirmations that Kwon Hyuk was genuine.

The human rights group Amnesty International said it had been unable to confirm previous reports of such testing.

"We have heard of these allegations but we cannot confirm them," a spokeswoman said.

North Korea -- described by President Bush (news - web sites) as part of an "axis of evil" because of a nuclear weapons program and authoritarian system -- has denied accusations of human rights abuses.

A top-secret North Korean document also says political prisoners are used for "human biological experimentation and for production of biological weapons," the BBC said.

It interviews a person said to be a former prisoner in North Korea who had been ordered to poison others.

"An officer ordered me to select 50 healthy female prisoners. One of the guards handed me a basket full of soaked cabbage, told me not to eat it but to give it to the 50 women," Sun Ok Lee said, according to the BBC statement.

"All who ate the cabbage leaves started violently vomiting blood and screaming with pain. It was hell. In less than 20 minutes, they were quite dead."

Frenkiel said she had also seen other official North Korean documents, one of which referred to the transfer of a prisoner "for the purpose of human experimentation of liquid gas for chemical weapons" in February 2002.

Cathedral
02-01-2004, 06:50 PM
Fucking Bullshit!

How in the hell can anyone not have sympathy for a family being gassed to death?

This is exactly why we need to be liberating these little brain fucked countries that are being run by fucking 200% certifiable nutcases.

I wish like hell there was something i could do about this kind of shit.
Why don't we all just go ahead and kill each other and get it over with?
That is exactly where all this WMD manufacturing is going to lead...

Cathedral
02-01-2004, 06:52 PM
Oh, and i don't want to see anyone trying to compare the Bush Administration to this kind of shit either.

If you do then you are no better than the fucks who stood around and watched these experiments.

ELVIS
02-02-2004, 07:50 AM
So you want to "liberate" North Korea ??

:elvis:

Chris Lee
02-02-2004, 07:57 AM
"Why don't we all just go ahead and kill each other and get it over with?"

Look around dude. We are.

Cathedral
02-02-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
So you want to "liberate" North Korea ??

:elvis:

Yes!

Cathedral
02-02-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Chris Lee
"Why don't we all just go ahead and kill each other and get it over with?"

Look around dude. We are.

That's a given, but i meant on a more global, instantanious scale, lol...like say, a million people in a single airburst fashion.

ELVIS
02-02-2004, 08:33 AM
Cat.. You don't really buy into the idea of Iraq being liberated do you ??

Cathedral
02-02-2004, 08:38 AM
I don't understand what you mean, Elvis.
If you mean that we got rid of an oppressing dictator that raped, killed, mamed or murdered them, then yes, i do buy into it.

This is something i think should have happened under his Daddy's watch, but politics fucked that all to hell.

What else would you call it?

John Ashcroft
02-03-2004, 08:14 AM
You hear the latest from MTV? They're now stating that Justin simply "liberated" Janet's breastist...