PDA

View Full Version : Colombian Rebels Wanted to Kill Bush

Nickdfresh
11-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Colombian official: Rebels planned to kill Bush
Saturday, November 27, 2004 Posted: 2:04 PM EST (1904 GMT)

(CNN) -- U.S. President George W. Bush was targeted for assassination by Colombia's Marxist rebels this week when he visited the city of Cartagena, a Colombian official said Saturday.

But Colombian Defense Secretary Jorge Alberto Uribe said no maps or any other evidence of the alleged plot by the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia -- known by its Spanish acronym FARC -- has been recovered.

Security was heavy during Bush's visit, and no incidents occurred.

The president stopped briefly in Colombia on November 22 on his way back to Washington after attending the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in Santiago, Chile. (Full story)

Established in 1964 as the military wing of the Colombian Communist Party, the 16,000-member FARC is Colombia's oldest, largest, most capable and best-equipped Marxist rebel group, according to the U.S. Department of State.

It is classified by the State Department as a terrorist group that conducts bombings, murders, kidnappings and hijackings.

Colombia has seen decades of civil warfare, involving government troops, leftist rebels and right-wing paramilitary groups.

President Bush shakes hands with Colombian President Alvaro Uribe at a news conference in Cartagena, Colombia, on November 22.

Mezro
11-27-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Colombian official: Rebels planned to kill Bush

So much for the "nice guys with coffee" image.

Mezro...Colombia: home of the burro burrito...

FORD
11-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Drug cartels aren't often fond of the competition.

Mezro
11-27-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Oh shit..LOL:D

Mezro...that made me laugh...hard...

TLR
11-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Someone has fallen and hit their head...

Seshmeister
11-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
But Colombian Defense Secretary Jorge Alberto Uribe said no maps or any other evidence of the alleged plot by the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia -- known by its Spanish acronym FARC -- has been recovered.

Loosely translated "Can we have some money please".

This war on terror is fucking brilliant.

I want to take advantage of it too I just haven't found the right angle yet.

My initial plan is to say that terrorists were planning to take gas from my house central heating system and use it to blow up something. I have no proof of this but hey who needs evidence in the 'War on Terror"? Maybe I can get a new heating system my since boiler has been playing up recently.

My other project is for an outbuilding that I can use as a studio.

Haven't quite worked it out the details yet.

Watch this space...

Cheers!

:gulp:

Switch84
11-28-2004, 02:07 AM
;) :D LMAO @ Sesh! This 'War on Terror' is getting a wee bit pimpish, isn't it? I could use the cash, too. Maybe we could go in on this scheme together?

ROFLMMFAOBT!