PDA

View Full Version : Bon Jovi boxed set

Bob_R
11-28-2004, 11:25 AM
Did anyone get it? My wife purchased it on Black Friday. We watched the DVD that same evening. It has 4 CD's and 1 DVD. The DVD has new and old footage of interviews of their career.

It's too bad Van Halen cannot do something this thoughtful and considerate for their fans. It would sell like crazy. But, I guess it makes too much sense so the brothers will never do it.

FORD
11-28-2004, 11:31 AM
Bon Jovi box set?

How could a band so contrived and packaged possibly have enough material to put in a box set?

Bob_R
11-28-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Bon Jovi box set?

How could a band so contrived and packaged possibly have enough material to put in a box set?

From what I hear they could have put even more on it. I believe it's 40 unreleased/demo versions of songs.

blueturk
11-28-2004, 01:03 PM
To each his own. Just keep that REO Speedwagon set away from me! Kevin Cronin sings like a really shitty actor attempting an Irish accent. Plus he's a fucking wimp.

Nickdfresh
11-28-2004, 03:11 PM
Is this a picture of the Bon Jovi box set?

Bob_R
11-28-2004, 06:27 PM
No, this is. :D

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00065JTBA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

DrMaddVibe
11-29-2004, 07:34 AM
Bon Jovi?!? Holy Christ! You're on permanent homo suspicion for even listening to that crap much less watching it!

Dump the Bon Jovi bitch, burn the house and NEVER...EVER listen to that bullshit pop wanna be rocker shit!

Bob_R
11-29-2004, 12:05 PM
Aw shut the fuck up Internet tough guy!

DrMaddVibe
11-29-2004, 12:15 PM
Whatever pussified "rocker"!

DLR7884
11-29-2004, 01:01 PM
YEAH, NO OFFENSE, BUT BON JOVI FUCKING SUCKS.

DLR7884
TO EACH HIS OWN THOUGH! :)

Wayne L.
11-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Bon Jovi is all about their ONLY great classic rock album SWW which defines 80's rock no matter what their hardcore idiotic fans say besides who wants to celebrate 20 years of BJ anyway since they're not exactly the Beatles or Led Zeppelin or Aerosmith or Van Halen.

Bob_R
11-29-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Whatever pussified "rocker"!

What are you yacking about needle dick. The point of the thread was that VH will never do something this considerate and thoughtful for their fans. I never claimed to be a Bon Jovi lover just that I watched the DVD with my wife.

Women love Bon Jovi but you wouldn't know that now would you? LOL.

I thought it was pretty simple to understand the theme of this thread. Sorry I'll type slower for you next time.

DrMaddVibe
11-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Look, don't get all sappy and explain why your wife keeps your balls in a jar in the kitchen and you have to listen to fag rock. You want to get all weepy and have a gush on while listening fine, but do yourself a favor and UPGRADE the music department. Your boss might let you play with your set of balls if you do!

FAG!

Bill Lumbergh
11-29-2004, 03:10 PM
I hate Bon Jovi with a PASSION, but let the guy do his thing. He never said he was on Jon's nuts or anything, so just let it go. Bon Jovi does need to disappear off the face of the Earth forever though.

Bob_R
11-29-2004, 03:33 PM
whatever dude

Bob_R
11-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
I hate Bon Jovi with a PASSION, but let the guy do his thing. He never said he was on Jon's nuts or anything, so just let it go. Bon Jovi does need to disappear off the face of the Earth forever though.

Thanks Bill. It's nice talking to someone with smarts finally.

Nickdfresh
11-29-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Look, don't get all sappy and explain why your wife keeps your balls in a jar in the kitchen and you have to listen to fag rock. You want to get all weepy and have a gush on while listening fine, but do yourself a favor and UPGRADE the music department. Your boss might let you play with your set of balls if you do!

FAG!

Bon Jovi is really gay, I thought this thread was agag! Now it's making me gag!

By the way, this is the box set!

DLR7884
11-29-2004, 05:04 PM
"I MEAN, STEVIE RAY VAUGHN IS DEAD AND WE CAN'T JON BON JOVI INTO A HELICOPTER?"

-DENNIS LEARY "NO CURE FOR CANCER"

DLR7884
CLASSIC!

fe_lung
11-29-2004, 05:09 PM
Bon Jovi sucks, but they did manage to co-write some great pop songs once upon a time.... Living On A Prayer is the best lo-rent Bruce Springsteen knockoff of it's time.

DrMaddVibe
11-29-2004, 05:40 PM
They didn't write it...master songwriter Desmond Child wrote it and most of SWW! They snubbed him at the Grammy's and he vowed NEVER to work with them again.

Desmond has written for some of the best out there, but he lent his talents to a bunch of ingrates that would still be a half-assed bar band without his help.

Bob_R
11-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Bon Jovi is really gay, I thought this thread was agag! Now it's making me gag!

By the way, this is the box set!

Nah, I think that's where you live.

This thread was agag for you because you're too stupid to comprehend it.

Alex Mogilny
11-29-2004, 08:09 PM
I'd rather listen to John Lennon "sing" 'Revolution #9' over and over than even think of listening to a Bon Jovi song. God Damn the 80s sucked!

DLRDUDE
11-29-2004, 09:05 PM
Here we go again. No way to voice an opinion here let alone impose one. The 80's was the the shit. You can't overlook bands like Bon Jovi or LMAO but Night Ranger. Dudes you weren't gettin' any tang listening to "Beautiful Girls" and if you were well may God help ya. Shit, songs like Sister Christian was the Shit going on the backseat if anything was. Skid Row and "I remember you" that was the SHIT, not Big bad Bill is sweet William now...please. Music fans come here because Dave and that era was the Shit, Dave was the HMFIC in that era. You don't need to slam them or eventually label them the "Sheep of the week". Noone comes here, me anyway to bash Dave/VH fans! I came here to hang out and it seems I have tread very lightly with the elite around here. Some I can read into their posts that are quite young and not even from the Mammoth/VH era. Peace

Alex Mogilny
11-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by DLRDUDE
Here we go again. No way to voice an opinion here let alone impose one. The 80's was the the shit. You can't overlook bands like Bon Jovi or LMAO but Night Ranger. Dudes you weren't gettin' any tang listening to "Beautiful Girls" and if you were well may God help ya. Shit, songs like Sister Christian was the Shit going on the backseat if anything was. Skid Row and "I remember you" that was the SHIT, not Big bad Bill is sweet William now...please. Music fans come here because Dave and that era was the Shit, Dave was the HMFIC in that era. You don't need to slam them or eventually label them the "Sheep of the week". Noone comes here, me anyway to bash Dave/VH fans! I came here to hang out and it seems I have tread very lightly with the elite around here. Some I can read into their posts that are quite young and not even from the Mammoth/VH era. Peace

Elite?

Do you mean FORD?

Ford's a pussy cat.

I can and will over look bands like Bon Jovi and Skid Row because their music sucks. I can honestly say I never bought any of that '80s shit....save for The Van Hagar albums I bought a couple of years ago to TRY and give them a re-listen. (I recently sold them)
Besides the chicks at my school were into "art rock".

Face it....the Majority of music that came out on the decade of the 80s just plained succked. It was over produced, over hyped, synthesizer crap!

To quote Dark Helmet : "And you know it"

DLRDUDE
11-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Dave tried the synthesizer crap didn't he, uh, uh? Must have been Ed's idea! No it was a joint decision because you change with the times. Hell, remember Dave moonwalking? What was that? You don't know because you're 20 years old right now. LMAO! And the 80's WAS the best era of music that Ever was released. But you go slip your Nickelback in the CD player now( no offense, hell I love Nickelback )and Puddle of Mud a lot of the bands from our new generation but you are a fool if you say the "80s sucked. You either weren't there or brain dead. I guess GnR sucked too. Please!

Antman
11-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Bon Jovi boxset? God must truly hate us.

Alex Mogilny
11-29-2004, 10:05 PM
Dave tried the synthesizer crap didn't he, uh, uh? Must have been Ed's idea! No it was a joint decision because you change with the times. Hell, remember Dave moonwalking? What was that? You don't know because you're 20 years old right now. LMAO! And the 80's WAS the best era of music that Ever was released. But you go slip your Nickelback in the CD player now( no offense, hell I love Nickelback )and Puddle of Mud a lot of the bands from our new generation but you are a fool if you say the "80s sucked. You either weren't there or brain dead. I guess GnR sucked too. Please!

OK...let's see if we can try and have a linear conversation here. I said the MAJORITY of the '80s sucked (less some Van Halen, U2, Police, GnR, and a few others).

IMHO...the synth shit that Dave did sucked, period. Dave solo is a slight step above Van Hagar. it just didn't work.

I don't listen to much music "from our new generation". I did groove on Velvet Revolver for a while, but that is pretty much it. For me, music pretty muched died along time ago and I was born way too late. I/we missed so much.

FYI....I currently have 'Electric Flag' in my CD player. However, I don't expect you to know who they are!

Bob_R
11-29-2004, 10:09 PM

Great post DLRDUDE!

DLRDUDE
11-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Alex Mogilny
OK...let's see if we can try and have a linear conversation here. I said the MAJORITY of the '80s sucked (less some Van Halen, U2, Police, GnR, and a few others).

IMHO...the synth shit that Dave did sucked, period. Dave solo is a slight step above Van Hagar. it just didn't work.

I don't listen to much music "from our new generation". I did groove on Velvet Revolver for a while, but that is pretty much it. For me, music pretty muched died along time ago and I was born way too late. I/we missed so much.

FYI....I currently have 'Electric Flag' in my CD player. However, I don't expect you to know who they are!

Originally posted by Alex Mogilny

I don't see where you mentioned U2 or anyone else

DLRDUDE
11-29-2004, 10:29 PM
Sorry for that double quote, I thought I did something wrong ;)

Nickdfresh
11-30-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
Nah, I think that's where you live.

This thread was agag for you because you're too stupid to comprehend it.

And pretty much everywhere else. Must be something in the water there!

DLR7884
12-01-2004, 11:54 AM
DLRDUDE,

WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?

DLR7884
TAKE YOUR RITALIN, ANUS.

Matt White
12-01-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
Did anyone get it? My wife purchased it on Black Friday.

EVHF, I'm glad you clarified that your wife bought it. "Whatchya gonna do", I understand!
If you want to see Bon Jovi the way they SHOULD be treated, get the Triumph the Insult Comic Dog DVD. He interviews them and ROAST their ASS!!!
BRAVO, TRIUMPH!!!

monkeythe
12-08-2004, 01:39 AM
My in-laws got me the box set for my b-day. As far as box sets go, they have one of the few box sets not designed to rip off their fans. Most box sets on the market are designed to get you to buy 4 CD's for 3 or 4 songs that were not released. This one is mostly unreleased and hard to find material.

The reason Bon Jovi is still going strong today is because they show a respect for their fans. When John does an album without Richie & vice-versa they don't call it Bon Jovi (unlike Van Halen). They don't release a second version of a GH album with 3 new songs (unlike Van Halen). They play all eras of their music in concert (unlike Van Hagar). They go through their vaults to make a box set of hard unreleased songs for their loyal diehard fans (unlike VH) Is it any wonder why Van Halen opened for Bon Jovi a few years back.

By the way, you can say that Bon Jovi is gay, but the drummer married a Victoria Secrets model and Richie married Heather.

hotdog@ a shake
12-08-2004, 02:32 AM
good post monkey...

I can think of a lot shittier muzak comin' out from the 80's then Bon Jovi...

another good point of respect Bon Jovi displayed is, when the original Bass player, Alec Van Such, was fired, they never officially replaced him! when they go out and do publicity and promote there new releases, it's still the 4 of 'em...

I gotta admit, I took my sis to see Jovi in concert a couple of times, and she really loves that band! they definetely have a loyal following and they do show respect for their fanz. she played me a couple of trax from that box set and sum of it wasn't as bad as what they have released!!!

I'm not really a big fan of Bon Jovi, but they do put on a good show. they gotta be doin' sumthin' right, I mean, they're still here, aren't they?

at least Ritchie can still play guitar, unlike sum other dried up nut sak
named Ed VanHeiny...

VHII
12-11-2004, 04:38 PM
uhhhhhhh Bon Jovi sucks!