PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XXXVIII--The Carolina Panthers vs. The New England Patriots

POJO_Risin
02-01-2004, 06:58 PM
If you're here...talk about the big game right here...

I'm going to merge all the other Super Bowl threads into this one...

POJO_Risin
02-01-2004, 07:00 PM
No I'm not...

POJO_Risin
02-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Man...this is a strange ass game...

mistake leads to the first score...

7-0...hardly a scintillating game...Ricky Proehl is coming up big right now...

but man...up until this drive...Carolina with -2 yards...

Belicheck can fucking coach...

POJO_Risin
02-01-2004, 08:00 PM
Well...it's a low scorer...but you get the impression...at least I do...that if Cackalacky doesn't score on this drive...New England is going to have one of those halves where they blow them out...the Panthers have been hanging by a thread...

3rd and 10...here we go...Delhomme missed a big open receiver...going for the TD...

TD...TD...TD...Steve Smith baby...one of my fantasy boys...

this is what Carolina does...if you don't put them away...

ladies and gentlemen...we've got ourselves a game...

Delhomme and Smith burn them on a blitz...

WTF is Poole doing covering Smith...their best receiver?

fuck Muhammed...

Cathedral
02-01-2004, 08:02 PM
GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POJO_Risin
02-01-2004, 08:06 PM
How do you give up a pass like that with less than a minute in the half of the fucking SuperBowl...utterly ridiculous...

They missed a td there to Givens...

Cathedral
02-01-2004, 08:08 PM
Yeah, well i think they are all playing on emotion right now.
after halftime they will be more focused.

Kind of a broing Super Bowl so far, lol...

Cathedral
02-01-2004, 08:08 PM
Yeah, well i think they are all playing on emotion right now.
after halftime they will be more focused.

Kind of a boring Super Bowl so far, lol...

POJO_Risin
02-01-2004, 08:10 PM
A boring Super Bowl until now...

Givens...TD...14-7...New England...

I think you'll see Belicheck's adjustments after the half...I think there may be a blow out here...

I don't know...Carolina's D is doing a great job...but we'll see...

POJO_Risin
02-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Great call...huge run...but only 5 seconds left...I don't know that Kasay can make a 52 yarder...they'll have to make...okay...they are going for the field goal...

these are some big points...a 50 yarder...damn...freakin' nailed it...

Belicheck boned one...and Carolina goes in with the freakin' momentum...

hmmm...good Super Bowl so far...

boring yes...but we all expected that with these defenses...

Oh shut the fuck up about the squib kick...

Cathedral
02-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Yeah, until now....
I am starting to get excited about the game at this point.

That field goal just may be the 3 points that does the Patriots in.............NOT, lmmfao...

Hiow did you like the commercial with the gassy horse? lmmfao...
That was toooooooooooooo funny.

POJO_Risin
02-01-2004, 08:21 PM
Yeah...overall though...I'd say a weak year of commercials...

and bro...you never know when 3 costs you a game...

Cathedral
02-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Oh yes i do, i am just wishful thinking here, lol...

This should be a very interesting half.

Oh, and i'd really like to see an end to this lip syncing halftime show bullshit.
If you're going to show up at least play your fucking instruments...

Joe Perry made a major boo boo in that respect, lol...

POJO_Risin
02-01-2004, 08:54 PM
I didn't even watch it...rumor has it we had a Janet Jackson booby pop out...would have been worth watching...

BigBadBrian
02-01-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

Hiow did you like the commercial with the gassy horse? lmmfao...
That was toooooooooooooo funny.

Yeah, that was the best yet. :D

Cathedral
02-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
I didn't even watch it...rumor has it we had a Janet Jackson booby pop out...would have been worth watching...

I missed that, but then i don't care for the bitch anyway. She is just Michael in drag, lol...

That incomplete pass looked an awful lot like a fumble to me. should have been a Pat's TD, dammit...

Cathedral
02-01-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Yeah, that was the best yet. :D

Dude, i was not expecting that and i literally fell out of my chair.

poot, *BOOM*, lmmfao...............

Satan
02-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Unholy shit... except for Janet's tits, this is the most boring Super Bowl I've ever seen. I'm gonna use this one to torture the damned in the future.

Cathedral
02-01-2004, 09:04 PM
Yeah, the Bengals vs. the Packers would have been a good game...lol.

By the way, who here hasn't seen Janets boobs yet?

Didn't she do Playboy before, or was that her sister?

Satan
02-01-2004, 09:05 PM
Here ya go, boys!

janet's boobie (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Nomad666/Boob.wmv)

Cathedral
02-01-2004, 09:23 PM
Touch fuckin Down Babeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Alrighty then, lets shut em down and lock them away boys...

Cathedral
02-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Did you see that monkey called Smith catch that fucking ball?

Damn, you know his neck is fucking screaming after that landing....

Well, i'm not feeling very confident at the moment. the Panthers were on fire with that drive...

Cathedral
02-01-2004, 09:48 PM
Dammit, that interception sucked!!!!

Brady, get your shit together, dude..........

Troy
02-01-2004, 09:56 PM

It happened so damn fast, it was like "Was that her tit???"

The loon confirmed it.

Flash Bastard
02-01-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Troy
It happened so damn fast, it was like "Was that her tit???"

The loon confirmed it.

It looked like Timberfake pulled her top down on purpose.

Cathedral
02-01-2004, 10:01 PM
FUCKIN MOTHER FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cathedral
02-01-2004, 10:30 PM
Fuckin Aye man, that one got tense there at the end didn't it...

Congrats to the Pat's on their Super Bowl Victory!!!

Troy
02-01-2004, 10:31 PM
I'll admit, that was a good game. Better than I ever expected.

Seshmeister
02-01-2004, 10:50 PM
TD...TD...TD...Steve Smith baby...one of my fantasy boys...

GAYEST POST EVER!

Get back in the closet man!:)

Dave's PA Rental
02-01-2004, 11:00 PM
You are all my BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave's PA Rental
02-01-2004, 11:37 PM
Fuck you Steelers...Fuck you Jets....Fuck you Miami.........Fuck you CAROLINA!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave's PA Rental
02-01-2004, 11:38 PM
FUCK YOU BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

(I cant believe I have to teach 8th graders tomorrow...)

Dave's PA Rental
02-01-2004, 11:39 PM
FUCK YOU NATIONAL MEDIA WHO SAID THE PANTERS WOULD WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Troy
02-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Why is the FCC reviewing Janet's tit?

Va Beach VH Fan
02-02-2004, 05:32 PM
'Cause the game wasn't on HBO for one thing...Network TV = Network rules....

And let's face it, that's one thing that is still a no-no on network TV...

I think the cursing rules have really been relaxed in recent years, but not nudity....

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather look at Janet's tit than P Diddy and Nelly anyway of the week....

But if you think about it, MTV is always looking for the shock value when it comes to their productions...

Every year at the VMA's they pull that shit....

Although I loved their '96 VMA stunt..... :D

Troy
02-02-2004, 06:12 PM
I know... It's just so damn stupid.

Little Texan
02-02-2004, 09:13 PM
I've never seen a good Super Bowl halftime show, but that sad excuse for a halftime show I saw last night was by far the worst I've ever seen, and I've seen some pretty bad ones!

Little Texan
02-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Beyonce Knowles did a fantastic job of singing the national anthem, though.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-02-2004, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I think the entire halftime show thingee is way out of control....

Ya know, bring in a couple of thousand teeny-boppers who could give a shit less about the Super Bowl expressly for the purpose of hootin' and hollerin' for those lip-synchers....

And one other thing, although I appreciate what Kid Rock does for the troops both here in the States and overseas, what he did last night was really inappropriate....

You just don't desecrate the American Flag like that....

Although it did look appear that at least HE was singing....

My guess is that they will tone down the halftime shows a smidge starting next year....

Lou
02-12-2005, 01:06 PM
I think I'll bump this up, just so we can have the Super Bowl threads together :D

Dave's PA Rental
02-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Goddam! I was fired up and laying the smack down last year!

POJO_Risin
02-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Jesus...a blast from the past...I should probably review this...lmfao...judging from the Steeler comment...I'm guessing we were bashin' heads...

I shoulda just changed the neame of this thread...

MAX
02-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Hey Poj,

I chimed in after the game last Sunday and have been busy this week. So, I didn't get a chance to rap with you. What did you think of the game? I thought it was a pretty good Superbowl. What about you?

POJO_Risin
02-12-2005, 10:24 PM
It was a good game...but...when you consider the Pats other two wins...and some of the other Super Bowls in the past years...

you could say it wasn't as good as those games...but a good one nonetheless...

POJO_Risin
02-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Especially after McNabb came out on crack cocaine with 6 minutes left in the game...lmfao...or whatever the fuck he was on while he was staring at all the pretty men on the sidelines...

MAX
02-12-2005, 10:32 PM
I'll agree regarding the other two but it's nice having close games as opposed to the yearly, one sided blowouts that were boring by the second quarter.

POJO_Risin
02-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Oh...don't get me wrong...I enjoyed the game...but to be honest...once the Pats were up 10...it was over...The Lewis TD came as a bit of a surprise...but after watching them waste 3 minutes strolling down the field...then get railed inside the 10...it was a done deal...

but any time a team gets the ball within 2 minutes...with a chance to win...it's a good game...

Rikk
02-12-2005, 10:58 PM
Funny how the EAGLES almost gave you a sense of underdog hope at the very end, even though one knew deep down there was no chance. Anyway, I WAS going for the Pats. I didn't want the Steelers to have been beaten by the team that lost to the still impressive Eagles.

MAX
02-12-2005, 11:07 PM
but any time a team gets the ball within 2 minutes...with a chance to win...it's a good game...

Bro,

Did you happen to read the stuff that Mez wrote about the Eagles NOT having aqny form of a two minute drill or a hurry up offense? We all saw it last Sunday but that is friggin' insane. Shit, we even had that when I was nine years old in little league.

POJO_Risin
02-12-2005, 11:20 PM
I did read that...

but find it hard to believe that Reid...who is a passing nut...doesn't have a form of the 2 minute drill...

as a matter of fact...I recall watching an interview with Reid, TO and McNabb after week 6 or 7...maybe Costas...can't remember...when he point blank asked them that question...

and TO and McNabb were blubbering about not needing it...

and then Reid saying, No...we don't have anything CALLED a two minute drill...we just call it something different...

MAX
02-12-2005, 11:25 PM
I just couldn't believe how they were going so slowly when the clock was ticking. Shit, the game was soooooo close and they were just walking around? Especially after they lost the onside kick AND then got back the ball? WTF?!?!?!?

I've never witnessed anything like it. Maybe you know something that I don't but what was up with the end of that game? :confused:

Rikk
02-12-2005, 11:25 PM
Well, they sure didn't use this anonymous drill on Sunday...not that it would have mattered.

POJO_Risin
02-12-2005, 11:35 PM
I'm actually curious to what Lou has to say about it...but don't feel like scrolling back through...he's seen them play...

My comparison goes back to last year's game...against Carolina (NE)...

In the fourth quarter...freakin' Delhomme was like a pent up firecracker...and the team responded to it...and went up and down the field...shoulda probably won that game...but that D was just beat to hell by the end...to give up the field goal...

You compare to McNabb...and whatever his deal is...concussion (which WOULD be an acceptable reason to be fucked up...and no...I wouldn't leave the game either)...tired (which would be a fucking joke)...or just plain dumb...McNabb set the tone...strolling to the line...the lineman were moving quicker then he was...

the Eagles didn't lose because of McNabb...but...I do believe the QB sets the tone...and the tone he was setting was pretty fucking lacksadaisical...for 5 minutes left in a fucking Super Bowl...

maybe they did lose because of McNabb...lmfao...

Rikk
02-12-2005, 11:40 PM
maybe they did lose because of McNabb...lmfao...

LOL. I doubt it. I think it basically was a tired team. It looked almost like he gave up, but they all really were exhausted and maybe McNabb just knew there was no chance.

I really think they had no chance with the plays left to score anything with that last bit of time left.

New England makes a team very tired. McNabb came out against the team that basically psyched out Ben and put in a fairly close game...closer than most Superbowls.

MAX
02-12-2005, 11:47 PM
Shit, after the game in the post-game interviews I was kind of disgusted with NcNabb. He was acing as if it was no big deal, at least they got there and kept it close. That's NOT the attitude of a champion. Did any of you guys get that impression with his postgame interviews? Bugged the crap out of me.

POJO_Risin
02-12-2005, 11:48 PM
Look...you're in the Super Bowl...

I don't care if you're dead...you haul ass...

like I said...McNabb is what...a top 5 quarterback?

I don't think Delhomme is considered that...and...look what he did...

You lay it on the line...

He had to have something wrong with him...or he shouldn't have been in the game...

POJO_Risin
02-12-2005, 11:50 PM
I don't know...I've seen so much speculation...

and fucking excuses...

I'll be honest...you can't make excuses in the bowl...unless we find out that Mama didn't feed him his chunky...

MAX
02-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
I really think they had no chance with the plays left to score anything with that last bit of time left.

Rikk,

The great one's NEVER give up and especially when it's that close. The Eagles had a lot of time and were just casual about it. Sorry but I remember so many Elway last minute heroics and not to mention Montana's drive against the Bungles in the '89 Superbowl. I thought the last two minutes of the Eagles play was downright PUSSY!!!

POJO_Risin
02-13-2005, 12:01 AM
THE LAST 2 MINUTES?

HOW ABOUT THE LAST 6 MINUTES?

Had they have had any urgency when the got the ball back with 6 minutes in the game...they could have had the ball back with 3 minutes or so...anything above the 2 minute warning would have been big...

MAX
02-13-2005, 12:12 AM
Right again Poj.......

I've watched several recaps this week and even the friggin' announcers are still wondering what in the hell they were doing? Like I've said, I don't get that kind of play calling at that level of footy and in that big of a game? Has the passion gone out of it? I don't think so cos The Panthers sure as hell tried last year. I'm thinkin' you are right and McNabb just wanted some of that Chunky beef pot roast, loaded with vegetables and savory broth. It was pathetic.

POJO_Risin
02-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Maybe he made some money on the game...

MAX
02-13-2005, 12:19 AM
You know what? I'm not a suspicious person but if I were an NFL player, I'd stay the fuck far away from being the Chunky soup guy. There is a friggin' curse. Reggie White, My boy Terrell Davis, Kurt Warner and now McNabb. Fuck the money giving props to that fucking soup. It's a career killer. lol.

POJO_Risin
02-13-2005, 12:20 AM
And the newest?

Ben Roethlisberger...

wonderful...

MAX
02-13-2005, 12:21 AM
Oh no!!!!!!!! :eek:

You're shitting me?

POJO_Risin
02-13-2005, 12:23 AM
http://www.chunky.com/spotlight.aspx

Oh...I'm not kidding...perhaps they needed to get a white guy to cross markets...

MAX
02-13-2005, 12:27 AM
Shit....... :eek:

Hey, I'm not shitting you but did you happen to catch the NFL Films recap of the game? Honest to goodness, it fucking shows McNabb on the sidelines in the last few minutes of the game saying shit like "Well, after this is over, at least I have my Chunky chicken corn chowder" and he was saying it to his offensive line and laughing!!! I shit you not.

MAX
02-13-2005, 12:32 AM
The Chunky Curse:

Reggie White - R.I.P.

T.D. - Career ending leg injury after being a 2000 YD rusher, NFL MVP and Superbowl MVP.

Warner - Who the fuck knows? Hand or head? Regardless, he's done and was an MVP just a bit back.

McNabb - Doesn't look promising.

rustoffa
02-13-2005, 12:37 AM
Maybe he made some money on the game...

The "miscues" in the first half looked like laying the groundwork shit.

"Momma, what's a zone?"

tick-tick-tick.......

"Momma, I looked blown coverage off twice!"

I'm no cuntspiracy theorist, but he's either a dipshit, or a fleeced dipshit.

Fuck it, I'm gonna cover spreads like a motherfucker next year.
:D

MAX
02-13-2005, 12:58 AM
Nice post Stoff. :)

Yeah, shit just was not right in that game.

Rikk
02-13-2005, 04:45 PM
No soup could ruin Ben's upcoming greatness.

POJO_Risin
02-13-2005, 06:10 PM
I don't know what the deal is...

I'm wondering how it was read in Philly though...