PDA

View Full Version : Overrated movies that really sucked

MAX
11-28-2004, 10:47 PM
A recently re-run episode of Seinfeld reminded me of this with Elaine and "The English Patient" of which I couldn't agree with her more cos it SUCKED!

I'll also add that fucking "Titanic" SINK AND DIE ALREADY AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

"The Horse Whisperer" is another. Give me time and please help me unload.

Switch84
11-28-2004, 10:58 PM
:mad: "The Matrix" 2 and 3! That shit sucked BIG TIME! I only own the first one, and that's enough for me. The other two couldn't touch it.

Rikk
11-28-2004, 11:01 PM
TITANIC did fucking suck! But at least people are starting to remember that now.

What a piece of trash that movie was. Who cares about a love story when over a thousand people are dying. It's awful.

Seshmeister
11-28-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by MAX
A recently re-run episode of Seinfeld reminded me of this with Elaine and "The English Patient" of which I couldn't agree with her more cos it SUCKED!

LOL!

I saw this thread title and popped in to post "The English Patient" and you beat me to it.

Misery of a film...

blueturk
11-29-2004, 02:31 AM
"On Golden Pond" got Oscars out the ass and it makes "The English Patient" look like "Terminator 2".

Switch84
11-29-2004, 04:15 AM
:confused: Am I the only one that thought "The Matrix" sequels sucked ass? Come ON, people! The 'Architect' and the 'Oracle' in cahoots with each other using Neo and Trinity as pawns in their sick little game? That shit was WEAK!

Mr Badguy
11-29-2004, 07:06 AM
"Kill Bill" and "Kill Bill 2"

What the fuck was that all about?

smaz
11-29-2004, 07:10 AM
Suck ass films would be the 'Teen Movie' ones. American Pie, Road Trip etc. American Pie 2 etc just make them worse. Scary Movie, which took the piss, even has become like em.

tydhurst
11-29-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
"Kill Bill" and "Kill Bill 2"

What the fuck was that all about?

I'm afraid i'll have to disagree. The second one was boring, but they were still both great films.

I vote for Moulin Rouge. What the FUCK was that all about?

Big Troubles
11-29-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by tydhurst
I'm afraid i'll have to disagree. The second one was boring, but they were still both great films.

I vote for Moulin Rouge. What the FUCK was that all about?

KB 1 & 2 were both great movies. Matrix 2 wasn't TOO horrible, but 3 sucked donkey balls. The worst movie Ive seen so far this year has to be the one I just watched... The Terminal w/ Tom Hanks. What a fuckin' snore fest. 9 months in a terminal....RIIIGGGHHHT..... That "could" happen". :D

smaz
11-29-2004, 07:44 AM
I thought the first Halloween was shit. Watched it because I'd heard good things but stopped it again after a short while. Just seemed boring and uninterseting.

David Van Via
11-29-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Switch84
:confused: Am I the only one that thought "The Matrix" sequels sucked ass? Come ON, people! The 'Architect' and the 'Oracle' in cahoots with each other using Neo and Trinity as pawns in their sick little game? That shit was WEAK!

No it just shows you have common sense. "I'm NEO I can fly" what the fuck was all that shit. It just got ridiculous.

Cathedral
11-29-2004, 08:53 AM
The Day After Tomorrow, was a crap fest in story telling. hey the effects were cool at some points, but the actors all sucked donkey balls.

And the CGI wolve's...What the fuck?
Can we not use real animals anymore?

The flooding scenes of New York, like water moves that slow when it's taller than a fucking skyscraper, right.

And Dennis Quaid, hasn't Hollywood learned that he is the kiss of death for film?
Jeez, he needs to make a sequal to that Jerry Lee Lewis film he did so horrible in.
"I'm Jerry Lee"...fucking dink.

Switch84
11-29-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by David Van Via
No it just shows you have common sense. "I'm NEO I can fly" what the fuck was all that shit. It just got ridiculous.

:D Hahaha! The 'Superman' rip-off was so tired! I was like, what the fuck??? Neo fighting a gazillion Agent Smiths? DUMB. I even fell asleep on the scene when Neo yapped with the Architect in that little room with all of those tv screens!

It was beyond ridiculous. "Matrix 1" was perfect (except when SWITCH was killed off, the bastards!)

LMAO!

David Van Via
11-29-2004, 09:40 AM
:D Hahaha! The 'Superman' rip-off was so tired! I was like, what the fuck??? Neo fighting a gazillion Agent Smiths? DUMB. I even fell asleep on the scene when Neo yapped with the Architect in that little room with all of those tv screens!

It was beyond ridiculous. "Matrix 1" was perfect (except when SWITCH was killed off, the bastards!)

LMAO!

The Architect - Hello, Neo.

Neo - Who are you?

The Architect - I am the Architect. I created the matrix. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.

Neo - Why am I here?

The Architect - Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

diamondsgirl
11-29-2004, 10:25 AM
Everyone was raving about Out of Africa and I thought it was the most boring movie ever. It won a ton of awards including best picture...:confused:

fe_lung
11-29-2004, 02:08 PM

I just saw the second one last week and it sucked dog ass. The first one was cool if you only watched it once but it fell apart after a second look.

Lessons learned: not every successful sci-fi film should be a trilogy!

fe_lung
11-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Doesn't anyone remember a little piece of cinimatic filth called Charlie's Angels?

YAWN
11-29-2004, 02:12 PM
I even fell asleep on the scene when Neo yapped with the Architect in that little room with all of those tv screens!
But without it, we wouldn't've (<-- double contractions look fuckin' strange as shit) had "Larry the Architect"!!! That shit was hilarious!

Ergo, concordantly, vis a vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool.

Figs
11-29-2004, 02:14 PM

I don't think they were horrible, but I wasn't thrilled. The first one on it's own is classic, it couldn't be lived up to.

Figs
11-29-2004, 02:19 PM
Overrated:

Chariots of Fire
Chicago
Terms of Endearment

Mezro
11-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Matrix 3 - thought it was a RoboCop sequel

Chronicles of Riddick - even the name sucks

AVP - hahahahahahahaha...turd of the fucking decade

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace - other than the Darth Maul duel this thing was the biggest letdown ever

XXX - more like triple SSS (for Sucks Shit Shirley)

Mezro...don't forget Godzilla (1998)...

fe_lung
11-29-2004, 02:26 PM
On the subject of Matrix,

It would appear that Zion is one big burning man festival. Sweaty hippies dancing to bad drum music? Count me the fuck out, I'll stay in the matrix thanks.

fe_lung
11-29-2004, 02:27 PM
Lets not forget the curse of the even numbered Alien films! Aliens and Alien Ressurection.... unwatchable!

Figs
11-29-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung
Lets not forget the curse of the even numbered Alien films! Aliens and Alien Ressurection.... unwatchable!

I didn't know about that curse, must be similar to the odd numbered Star Trek movies...

Bill Lumbergh
11-29-2004, 03:13 PM
Independence Day. I STILL dont know what all the hype was about. What a waste of time...........

Mezro
11-29-2004, 04:01 PM
Aliens and Alien Ressurection.... unwatchable!

The James Cameron masterpiece Aliens is unwatchable :eek:

Mezro...game over man...

Warham
11-29-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Matrix 3 - thought it was a RoboCop sequel

Hey, don't put down Robocop!

:D

Mr Badguy
11-29-2004, 04:23 PM
"Aliens" and "Robocop" rocked!

Although the sequels sucked.

fe_lung
11-29-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
The James Cameron masterpiece Aliens is unwatchable :eek:

Mezro...game over man...

To me it is. I loved it when I was a kid but when I went back to it, I ended up turing it off 30 minutes in. The dialogue was just awful. James Cameron has the worst case of tin ear in hollywood!

Granted, 4 was worse by a long margin. Fucking Wynona!

fe_lung
11-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Independence Day. I STILL dont know what all the hype was about. What a waste of time........... 3

Oooh, good call. I'd blocked that one out. Though, to be fair, all the Emmerech/Devlin movies suck. (Which reminds me.... wasn't day after tomorrow one of theirs too?)

fe_lung
11-29-2004, 04:51 PM
Anyone want to comment on The Villiage?

bueno bob
11-29-2004, 05:14 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm going to disagree with everyone on the Matrix sequels. I thought they were awesome, loved both of them. In fact, I almost liked Reloaded more than I did the first one. What I liked about it was the fact that it WASN'T your every day run of the mill bullshit "Hero Saves The Day" tired-ass Hollywood action trilogy formula.

Neo ended up being what he was - human, and prone to human successes, triumphs and failures. He had to make human decisions in a human world where humans often times could suffer the results of those decisions.

The Zion resistance ended up being what it was - futile. The second and third parts of the trilogy were MUCH more believable than Neo just coming along and "saving the day for all the poor people" which would have wrecked the entire series for me. Neo didn't save all the people and end the war - not permanently. The most that he, with all of his abilities, was able to accomplish was a temporary cease-fire, and that was NO margin of victory at all, but given the parameters of the story line, it was the only realistic one given the circumstances.

Frank Herbert said that heroes are dangerous to the masses...and that superheroes and supremely dangerous. I think that the Matrix trilogy really sort of expanded on that whole concept, putting a normal person in an impossible position and then watching what transpires - much the same way Muad'Dib's personality broke down between the first three "Dune" novels. The notions have always intrigued me and I welcome any sort of indepth examination into the topic, and since Reloaded and Revolutions did exactly that, I was more than happy with them as movies.

I can appreciate that a lot of people didn't like the sequels, and that a lot of critics didn't like them either, but in both cases I just don't think people understood them.

I will say this, though - on an action level solely, Neo's battle in the park with the Smiths was OUTSTANDING!!! And the highway chase scene in Reloaded remains one of the VERY best highway chases I've ever seen on film.

I just don't understand why people seemingly hate those two movies, I thought they were extremely well done.

bueno bob
11-29-2004, 05:17 PM
By the way, I wrote up a relatively brief synopsis for "The Matrix: Resurgence" that goes a LONG way towards answering a lot of the questions that people were asking after Reloaded and Revolutions...if I may say so without sounding too arrogant, it's extraordinarily good and answers every possible question that could be raised, and it DOES put a cap on the series, permanently (hint: it's the run-of-the-mill Hollywood ending I was talking about earlier, but it happens in a way that NOBODY would ever expect...lol).

manwiththedogs
11-29-2004, 05:26 PM
1. Lost in Translation
2. Godfather 3
3. The Virgin Suicides
4. Basically anything involving Sofia Coppola in any way, shape or form.

fe_lung
11-29-2004, 05:42 PM
I will say this, though - on an action level solely, Neo's battle in the park with the Smiths was OUTSTANDING!!! And the highway chase scene in Reloaded remains one of the VERY best highway chases I've ever seen on film.

To me that sequence represents everything that was wrong with the entire series. This attitude that if one is cool, then 500 will be 500 times as cool. That scene and the car chase you mention were among the most yawn inducing sequences in modern cinema. They just went on too long and had nothing to offer the audience.

Compare Reloadeds car chase with the one in Bourne supremecy. Reloaded just keeps going and going without any real excitement or sense of danger. The car crashes (surely the stuff of any modern nightmare) were presented in the annoying slo-mo matrix style that robbed them of their urgency or excitement.

Supremecy's chase was well edited and kept you on the edge of your seat. Your main character gets hit out of nowhere and all of a sudden the camera is spinning. You're hearing the sound of crumpling steel and shattering glass (again, an auto wreck has it's own distinctive sort of sound, and it's a sound that puts most people on edge as soon as you hear it). The scene is edited with fast cuts in a pseudo-documentary style that sucks you in and keeps you on the edge of your seat.

In the end it's supremacy that achieves the goal the matrix team set out to do: Leave you feeling exhausted at the end of the sequence. supremacy leaves you thinking "holy crap! What the hell just happened" while Matrix leaves you thinking "what in the holy hell was the point of all that?"

YAWN
11-29-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
By the way, I wrote up a relatively brief synopsis for "The Matrix: Resurgence" that goes a LONG way towards answering a lot of the questions that people were asking after Reloaded and Revolutions...if I may say so without sounding too arrogant, it's extraordinarily good and answers every possible question that could be raised, and it DOES put a cap on the series, permanently (hint: it's the run-of-the-mill Hollywood ending I was talking about earlier, but it happens in a way that NOBODY would ever expect...lol).
...and yer gonna share with the group when?

lucky wilbury
11-29-2004, 05:50 PM
all the lord of the rings. i didn't see what all the hype was about

VanJay011379
11-29-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
all the lord of the rings. i didn't see what all the hype was about

I agree. I saw the first one at the theatres and nearly dozed off. It wasn't really any better than any other movie of its type.

bueno bob
11-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by YAWN
...and yer gonna share with the group when?

Skip ahead about 25-30 odd years or so after the events of Revolutions, and things between The Matrix and Zion are slightly different because Neo did something that the other One's had never done; but the game was still being played, only in a much different fashion...since Neo, however, "ended" his life within the grasp of The Matrix, the new Agent that's been loaded into the system goes around by the name of "Agent Anderson".

Basically, what the Matrix/Architect has done is to reload Neo back into the system (now remember, in Revolutions the Architect informed Neo that he had inside him a "code" that the system would download to reset the Matrix if he chose door #1 - Neo, of course, chose door #2) and reprogram him as it's new lead Agent, downgraded his ability list (in essence, if the Matrix was a living video game, the Architect turned off the majority of his cheat codes) and programmed him to run the system, hunting down freed humans attempting to educate the uneducated as to what the Matrix is, without any personal memory of his previous incarnation as either a human or The One.

Now, there's a new One surfacing, and the citizens of Zion are rejoicing because the Oracle has prophesized that the coming of the one will end the war - same old song and dance, basically, with the Architect and the Oracle working at opposite ends for their own results.

One member of the original trilogy is still alive, though, and although he's on the council and doesn't enter the Matrix any longer, he's had one encounter with the new Agent during his second to last trip inside of the Matrix - that man is Morpheus.

On his last trip inside, Morpheus goes to see the Oracle and confronts her with his knowledge...the Oracle informs him that while it IS essentially Neo, in many ways it also isn't, and there's been a precedent for The One becoming the new Agent in times past - The One re-entering the system to re-emerge as the new Agent some years later has happened once or twice before, although it's been rarely done and only as an experiment on the part of the Architect to see how the program of the One can integrate with the program of the Agent. How the new One will incorporate that knowledge into his plans is basically up to him, and furthermore it's up to Morpheus to decide whether or not it's even worth telling the new One and the rest of Zion about.

Morpheus is initially uncertain of how to proceed, but he decides to follow Neo's original lead by making a certain choice of action and sticking with it. He opts to inform the new One of Agent Anderson's true identity and what he learned from the Oracle. How, or even if, Neo's old identity could be restored to him is a mystery to everyone, however...of course, while all this is going on, there's chases, action, The One facing off against Agent Anderson (who, to the surprise of everyone, is strangely able to hold his own against The One and puts in a fairly decent showing whenever they go at it).

The fact that Agent Anderson/Neo can stand toe to toe with The One convinces him that Neo is still inside somewhere and the Matrix hasn't been succesful in totally erasing his identity - but the key to triggering his old memory and restoring his old self is still the problem. No doubt either the Oracle or the Architect could do so, but of course they wouldn't.

Morpheus, towards the end, slaps himself when he didn't think of it at least somewhat sooner, but he sets his best computer/Matrix hackers to work at creating a subprogram within the Matrix - a Trinity program, designed to try and elicit the buried subconscious mind within Agent Anderson and restore him to himself. At the best, she could succeed, and at the worst, Agent Anderson would kill her - either way, something worth the effort.

Anyway, I've got two different ways the story goes after that - in one, the Trinity program works and Agent Anderson restores his identity as Neo, teams up with the new One and they both take on The Architect program together - eventually, they defeat him by Agent Smith's old trick - Agent Anderson and The One merge into each other and while doing so simultaneously merge with The Architect, which results Neo's death, the One's death, and a complete and total system failure - in essence, ALL the machines become lifeless hulks ready for a long haul to the scrapyard, and everyone still locked into The Matrix at that point simply dies, but even with 95% of mankind decimated and destroyed, the human races picks itself up out of the ashes, wipes away what's left of the Machine City and rebuilds the Earth from the ground up.

In the second ending, the Trinity program fails and it all falls onto the shoulders of The One to end the whole shebang - and I haven't quite decided how that one ends yet :D

The dialogue I didn't bother with, for obvious reasons, because you'd all be reading this post for a very, very long time...but I'm curious as to what you all think of it anyway....

:)

Mezro
11-29-2004, 07:47 PM
Granted, 4 was worse by a long margin. Fucking Wynona!

I did not like 4 at all!

Mezro...Ron Perlman was the only saving grace...

bueno bob
11-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Agreed. Then again, Ron Perlman seems to save every movie he's in...lol...

McCarrens
11-29-2004, 07:55 PM

I think Aliens might be one of the best damned movies ever made. You are the firdst person I've ever heard say a negative thing about it (other than they were sad it ended).

Bill Lumbergh
12-01-2004, 11:58 AM
You guys trashing Aliens are crazy. That movie is a CLASSIC, period. Non stop action, great plot........who gives a flying fuck about the dialogue, this aint Shakespeare! In fact, it's the only Alien movie that's watchable. The first one is boring, 3 is a mixed bag, and 4 is horrific. I agree about LOTR to an extent. They were overlong and mostly boring.

fe_lung
12-01-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
You guys trashing Aliens are crazy. That movie is a CLASSIC, period. Non stop action, great plot........who gives a flying fuck about the dialogue, this aint Shakespeare! In fact, it's the only Alien movie that's watchable. The first one is boring, 3 is a mixed bag, and 4 is horrific. I agree about LOTR to an extent. They were overlong and mostly boring.

To each their own, I just can't stomach it. Maybe if I watched the last half when people start getting toasted it'd be ok.

bueno bob
12-01-2004, 02:43 PM
I liked all of the Aliens movies except for Alien 3; Resurrection's first half was OK for me, but having Ripley humping aliens and being a mother figure for them was just too fuckin' wierd for me...the first half was decent, I thought.

Carmine
12-01-2004, 02:50 PM

I'm with ya there dude! Neo's battle in the park with Smith was GREAT, long, but still great! The highway scene was the best in the movie!

Matt White
12-01-2004, 03:08 PM
TOP GUN.
Utter horse shit.
Come to think of it, MANY Cruise movies are shite.

Figs
12-01-2004, 03:26 PM
Yes, Top Gun is a steaming pile of dung...

Which reminds me of another overrated pile of dung - Officer and a Gentleman.

Bill Lumbergh
12-01-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Figs
Yes, Top Gun is a steaming pile of dung...

Which reminds me of another overrated pile of dung - Officer and a Gentleman.

Top Gun is a movie to be enjoyed by "happy men" and women.............

Figs
12-01-2004, 03:55 PM
It reminds me of "Dreams" by Sam & the fellas

nosuchluck
12-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
KB 1 & 2 were both great movies. Matrix 2 wasn't TOO horrible, but 3 sucked donkey balls. The worst movie Ive seen so far this year has to be the one I just watched... The Terminal w/ Tom Hanks. What a fuckin' snore fest. 9 months in a terminal....RIIIGGGHHHT..... That "could" happen". :D

actually i think the basic concept of 'The Terminal' was based on a real-life incident.
there's a guy stuck in the Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris...
i think he's been there for 14 years. but thats cos he doesn't want to leave, even though he can.

aside from that, i think 'The Day After Tomorrow' was the worst movie ever.
atleast 'Van Helsing' and 'Troy' were funny.

bueno bob
12-01-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
I'm with ya there dude! Neo's battle in the park with Smith was GREAT, long, but still great! The highway scene was the best in the movie!

I wanted Neo's battle with the Smith's to be LONGER :)

There's just something about watching one guy kick 143 other guys asses that never grows old to me...

bueno bob
12-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by nosuchluck
actually i think the basic concept of 'The Terminal' was based on a real-life incident.
there's a guy stuck in the Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris...
i think he's been there for 14 years. but thats cos he doesn't want to leave, even though he can.

aside from that, i think 'The Day After Tomorrow' was the worst movie ever.
atleast 'Van Helsing' and 'Troy' were funny.

Truth. That dude's been at De Gaulle for 14 years now, but he's not exactly right in the head anymore, either...

"Day After Tomorrow" was one of the worst pieces of crap ever put to film so far as I'm concerned. Just plain fucking awful. Not one redeeming point to it.

bueno bob
12-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet or not, but "Intolerable Cruelty" with George Clooney and my private whore Catherine Zeta Jones was garbage....

nosuchluck
12-01-2004, 04:10 PM
what about "Gigli"?
i could only sit through 22 minutes of that nonsense.

Figs
12-01-2004, 04:11 PM
what about "Gigli"?

Very very shitty? - Yes

Overrated? - No

bueno bob
12-01-2004, 04:13 PM
what about "Gigli"?

Never saw it, but I want to.

It simply CANNOT be as bad as EVERYONE made it out to be...all the negativity has got to come from the J.Lo fallout...

Nothing could possibly be THAT BAD...

Switch84
12-01-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by David Van Via
The Architect - Hello, Neo.

Neo - Who are you?

The Architect - I am the Architect. I created the matrix. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.

Neo - Why am I here?

The Architect - Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:lol:

bueno bob
12-02-2004, 01:05 AM
Hey, you know I'm still waiting for feedback on my idea for Matrix Resurgence... :) Does it suck, or would you all go see it if I could the Wachowski brothers (er, brother and SISTER, that is I guess...) to film it?

Rikk
12-02-2004, 01:06 AM
I have to agree with the choice of TOP GUN. Awful, awful movie.

bueno bob
12-02-2004, 02:04 AM
Yup, it was a sucker!!! :(

bueno bob
12-02-2004, 02:04 AM
And one more post makes 3000, and with that I'm gonna go watch Van Helsing, kiss my ass and GOODNIGHT! :)

Chaz Rock City
12-02-2004, 02:45 AM
Forest Gump, Pulp Fiction should have cleaned up at The Oscars that year. Instead a movie how its good to be a retard won. Sammy Hager proves it must suck to be retarded!!!

Neo fighting all the Agent Smith's is overated. The Bride fighting, and seriously fucking up, the Crazy 88's in Kill Bill 1 is better.

I like the first two Alien movies. The third one is depressing, and the fourth one is boring. Ron Pearlman is good in it though

Bill Lumbergh
12-02-2004, 02:54 AM
I finally saw Forrest Gump about 2 years ago........what a piece of garbage! Booorrrriiiiiinnnnnngggggg. My wife loves that shit, I swear I thought she was gonna burst when she bought the fucking Dvd! I think I'm one of the few who cant stand Tom Hanks since he became a "serious actor". His old comedy shit(while not as lucrative for him) was much better. Old school shit like The Money Pit and Bachelor Party........

Northern Girl
12-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Armaggedon (sp?)

nosuchluck
12-03-2004, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Figs
Very very shitty? - Yes

Overrated? - No

hmm..no i guess not. did it win any Razzies?

chunkashin!!
12-04-2004, 01:15 PM
"Aliens" and "Robocop" rocked!

Although the sequels sucked.

Yep, Robocop 2 was wachable but robocop 3??

Hmm, robocop can fly........

SSSHHHIIITTT!!!

David Van Via
12-04-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by chunkashin!!
Yep, Robocop 2 was wachable but robocop 3??

Hmm, robocop can fly........

SSSHHHIIITTT!!!

haha Flying NEO versus Flying Robocop, who'd win?

scottydabodi
12-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Man, have I seen some bad movies... let's start with fuckin' "GODZILLA"-the Matthew Broderick one. BLOWS CHUNX!! Just like every other movie by Roland Emmerich... "Day After Tomorrow", "Independence Day", "Universal Soldier"... Emmerich is the worst director EVER.

"Batman Returns" sucked so bad I never wanted to go to the movies again-I actually walked out of that one.

"Rushmore" is for fuckin fags. I walked out on that one too. The only 2 films I ever walked out on...

"Matrix 2 & 3" can kiss my fuckin ass every day for the next year.

I hate to say I saw "Jurassic Park 3"... Guess what... It BLOWS.

Man, I could be here all night on this thread.... I gotta move on...

Matt White
12-05-2004, 01:48 AM
That FRANKENSTEIN movie that came out in the 90's with Robert De Niro. So bad I almost pissed myself laughing! PU!

DLRDUDE
12-05-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by smaz
Suck ass films would be the 'Teen Movie' ones. American Pie, Road Trip etc. American Pie 2 etc just make them worse. Scary Movie, which took the piss, even has become like em.

Maybe so but I thought when dude yanked the girls drawers down in American Pie or Scary movie(one of them) and the bats flew out... that was a gut buster. Time for a shave I suppose?

Model Citizen
12-05-2004, 03:24 PM
I agree with Bueno Bob about the Matrix movies (here's a vote for you)

Titanic was the biggest disappointment ever

Also, the Terminator sequels...the first movie was great, but the sequels sucked.

nosuchluck
12-05-2004, 03:25 PM
Titanic was really funny...i dont know why.
my friends and i couldn't stop laughing.

bueno bob
12-05-2004, 04:32 PM
Terminator 2 was goofy...but I thought T3 had a nice twist to it and it played well at home...wasn't much of a "theater" flick...

thebuldawg
12-06-2004, 08:52 AM
bob, I think your Resurgence idea was good, but that's probably because I liked all 3 Matrix movies. I definitely agree with you on the not so happy ending theory too.

I think that the biggest reason that the last two Matrix movies weren't well recieved was that the first one raised the bar so high that while the next two, while doing the same things as the first, didn't do anything other than wrap the story up. "Ergo" since there was nothing to make you sit up and say, "That's some cool new shit!" like the first one, they were veiwed as far inferior in comparison. "Vis-a-vis" they get bad reviews.

I do have to say the Architect thing was lame. No one talks like that, machine or not.

lucky wilbury
12-06-2004, 01:38 PM
bend it like beckham and anything with hugh grant

scottydabodi
12-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Y'know, I'll let "Titanic" slide... I mean any movie with a couple thousand people crying, screaming, drowning, freezing, and dying... man, that just makes me chuckle... all that AND Leonardo bites the big one!!

Mr Badguy
12-06-2004, 04:06 PM
How about all the James Bond films?

Every one is a total no brainer on a grand scale.

lucky wilbury
12-06-2004, 06:28 PM
i don't even bother with the bond films they've made the same movie since the 60's

bueno bob
12-06-2004, 07:05 PM
So I rented Gigli last night...and wasn't surprised to find out it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be...just J. Lo fallout...

That doesn't mean it was exceptionally good, either, but it wasn't as horrible as I was lead to believe.

Nickdfresh
12-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Charlie's Angels really sucked harder than Cameron Diaz in a conga line of cocks. Three hot (or semi-hot;overrated really) chics doing karate moves, normally I like that stuff but this movie was borderline unwatchable!

Seshmeister
12-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Titanic was really funny...i dont know why.
my friends and i couldn't stop laughing.

We were like that with Independance Day.

The thought that aliens from another world travelled light years across space using an Apple Mac for their computer system was fucking funny but when the president took to air I was literally holding my sides.

Matt White
12-07-2004, 12:55 AM
The only part of Titanic that was tolerable was the boat sinking. Lets see. BOAT SINKS & PEOPLE DIE. That part isn't gonna change. "I didn't see it coming......"
PURE PAP.

The 2 new STAR WARS movies. "Oh Yeah! I was a kid in '77."
BORING.

Something About Mary. Loathsome.

Seshmeister
12-07-2004, 12:59 AM
I think the problem about the new Star Wars films is that people forgot the old ones were kids films.

Ewoks for fuck sake...:)

Then when the new ones came out they were all shocked.

Would you get excited about a new Muppet film?

Same difference.

I bought the remastered Star Wars trilogy 3/4 years ago because I thought I should have it but it's still in the wrapper.

Cheers!

:gulp:

MAX
12-07-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
The only part of Titanic that was tolerable was the boat sinking. Lets see. BOAT SINKS & PEOPLE DIE. That part isn't gonna change. "I didn't see it coming......"

You are truly my fucking hero!!! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one in the world that cheered when Leo's face fucking sunk. LMAO!!!

"I'm the king of the world!!!" LMAO!!! Now you are the king of icy parasites you bastard!!!

I cheered like when the good guys defeat the bad guys at the end of a Summer Action Packed Blockbuster or a field goal winning kick of a close game!!!!

Seriously, one couldn't pay me enough to ever sit through that movie EVER again.

On a sidenote: I think Kate Winslett is one sexy woman though. ;)

MAX
12-07-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Ewoks for fuck sake...:

Crucify me but I always thought the ewoks were fucking cute.

http://www.starwars.jediknights.co.uk/Characters/Wicket_W_Warrick.jpe

Reminds me of my pups. :)

Matt White
12-07-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by MAX
You are truly my fucking hero!!!
On a sidenote: I think Kate Winslett is one sexy woman though. ;)

:D NICE BREASTAGES!!!

Still, I wanted to KILL somebody 5 minutes into that schlockfest!!!:mad:

MAX
12-07-2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
:D NICE BREASTAGES!!!

Still, I wanted to KILL somebody 5 minutes into that schlockfest!!!:mad:

The only reason I sat through that entire piece of shit is so (besides my wife hitting me) is so that I could truthfully tell everyone how horrible it was.

I think I'd choose a public lynching over sitting through that ever again.

Hell on Earth my friend. Whatever we did earlier in life, we paid dearly sitting through that shit ONCE!!!!

Clean slate after that!!!!

Fucking Celine Dion singing to boot!!!!

That was the Dear Lord above and his personal warning to me to straighten up and fly right cos that flick gives an entirely new meaning to "Lord have mercy on this man's soul!!!"

Matt White
12-07-2004, 01:20 AM
AMEN!!!

Mr Badguy
12-08-2004, 07:47 AM
Hey, I forgot "Highlander II : The Quickening".

The first film was brilliant with a perfect ending.

Then they make a sequel about the immortals coming from another planet and bring Sean Connery back to life.

What a load of shit.

Mr Badguy
12-08-2004, 07:51 AM
Same with "Terminator III".

The end of "Terminator II : Judgement day" was great with all the loose ends tied up.

Then Arnie`s career bombs and he gets some fuckwit to write a new film that spoils the original films.

I don`t know how you can critisize any of the "Alien" films with turkeys like these hitting the theatres.

bueno bob
12-09-2004, 03:15 AM
Hey, I forgot "Highlander II : The Quickening".

The first film was brilliant with a perfect ending.

Then they make a sequel about the immortals coming from another planet and bring Sean Connery back to life.

What a load of shit.

It was almost even worse...they also wanted to bring Kurgan back for it, but the dude that played him (can't remember his name) backed out, sensing a stinker...good move...

bueno bob
12-09-2004, 03:17 AM
Speaking of Highlander, I just can't grasp it. The first movie ENDED everything! Then, of course, Highlander II rolled around, then we got Highlander III, which pretend either that H2 never happened or that it hadn't happened YET (can't figure that out) - after that, we get the TV show with thousands of other immortals running around, including Connor (WTF?!?!?!?), then End Game where Connor gets KILLED by Duncan...plus the gayass cartoon...I just can't make heads or tails about where that story is supposed to be at...?

Mr Badguy
12-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Speaking of Highlander, I just can't grasp it. The first movie ENDED everything! Then, of course, Highlander II rolled around, then we got Highlander III, which pretend either that H2 never happened or that it hadn't happened YET (can't figure that out) - after that, we get the TV show with thousands of other immortals running around, including Connor (WTF?!?!?!?), then End Game where Connor gets KILLED by Duncan...plus the gayass cartoon...I just can't make heads or tails about where that story is supposed to be at...?

Man, I try to just remember it as the original film, which was an excellent piece of fantasy film making, and forget ALL of the shitty sequels/cartoons/TV shows.

"Highlander III" was stupid because it had three immortals locked in a cave for 3000 years or something, and "The prize" would only be won when only one remained.

Surely he couldn`t get "The prize" with those three still in the cave?

I can`t even explain it, it`s too stupid.

bueno bob
12-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Stupid is exactly the word.

On a related note, I had to go see "Titanic" in the theater. Because I knew that they KNEW I was out there and hadn't been to see it yet. I knew that somebody was sitting back somewhere going "Uh, you know, Robert Bright hasn't seen this film yet - keep it in the theaters for a while until he gets the hint."

So I finally went to see it and two days later it was gone.

Sorry I kept you all away from GOOD movies for so long.

Panamark
12-10-2004, 06:01 AM
Highlander II ! What a crock of shit..

Anyone mentioned Robocop III yet ??

Mr Badguy
12-10-2004, 03:12 PM
Yeah, so many of those 80`s sci-fi/fantasy films were great one offs and didn`t deserve to be cheapened by inferior sequels.

Mr Badguy
12-10-2004, 03:14 PM
Hey, anyone remember "Battle beyond the stars" starring Richard Thomas and George Peppard?

I think they were trying to cash in on "Star wars".

What a crock!

At least they never made a sequel to that.

Mr Badguy
12-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Hey, anyone remember "Battle beyond the stars" starring Richard Thomas and George Peppard?

I think they were trying to cash in on "Star wars".

In fact, there`s no doubt it was a cash in.

Check the similarities:

Young man refered to as "Kid", mentored by an old man and using a mythical energy force, has to find mercenaries to save his planet which is being threatened by a dictator in a spaceship with a laser gun big enough to destroy it.

What a good idea.

Pity George Lucas thought of it first.

hard rock
01-27-2005, 08:36 AM
i got to go with lost in translation. also someone here mentioned that The Terminal was un realistic because a guy spent 9 months in a terminal. Ah hello that is based on a true story.

there is an iranian dude who has been stuck in a paris airport for 21 years . i dont remember his name but he was in a lot of newpapers when the movie was out. he cant fly out of paris because his passport is not good and iran doesnt want him for some crimes he had and france wont take him in.

He made tons selling the right to his story. he claims he spends 4-5 bucks a day in food and news papers to keep him busy. he gets his food free from people who have worked at the food outlets who know him in exchange for cleaning up tables and taking out trash etc etc

stringfelowhawk
01-27-2005, 09:40 AM
Here's one that should be shown in its entirety instead of cut down to two hours. You see all of The Abyss and it makes a hellova lot more sense. Otherwise, its fucking undecipherable!

This is personal for me. I hate the first Star Trek but liked 2-7. I don't care if the inferior generation gets lost on a stray wave that goes out in space instead of my tv. I hated that shit.

I may get flamed for this but I'm not the only person I know who thinks George Lucas and Stanley Kubrick are the two most overrated humans to ever breathe. I can't stand anything Kubrick did and I have never been into Star Wars. Its not because I haven't tried. I've sat and tried to watch them on more than 7 occassions and I've fallen asleep each fucking time. They just bore the shit out of me. Lucas' only saving grace is the Indiana Jones franchise.

On tv? Seinfeld has to be the most overrated show to ever see airtime. I've sat through a few of those shows and they are so fucking boring when I can't sleep I turn it on and I'm out before I set the remote down. You know, cause that shows sindication deal made sure no future generation will ever have taste in television again since it runs every 30 mins on every fucking channel here. The kicker is, they only show Seinfeld commercials during episodes of Seinfeld to remind you its coming on again in 30 mins.

guwapo_rocker
01-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Deep Throat??

That sucked!

Big Troubles
01-27-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Deep Throat??

That sucked!

:D

House of the Dead and The Terminal.

flappo
01-27-2005, 01:48 PM
the only good thing aboot highlander was queen's music

and they cut all the good stuff out

i fucking hate that film

PRINCES OF THE UNIVERSE !!!!

Matt White
01-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by flappo
the only good thing aboot highlander was queen's music

and they cut all the good stuff out

i fucking hate that film

PRINCES OF THE UNIVERSE !!!!

Yeah! And the next few didn't have Queen's music in them. And they are un-watchable!

"There can be ONLY one!" Too bad they didn't take that to heart!

Independence Day, Men In Black 2, The Ring, Armageddon. All Blew goats!

Now "Cecil B. Demented", That's a film!:D

DLR7884
01-27-2005, 05:23 PM
I'll probably take shit for this, but I'd have to say "Braveheart" is over rated.

It's one of those movies that you MUST see, I agree with that.

Hell, I enjoyed the movie quite a bit.

Part of what makes a good movie a good movie is watching it more than once......I can't sit through the whole God damn movie ever again.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

DLR7884
BTW~all 3 Matrix movies sucked, especially the last 2.