PDA

View Full Version : Bill Wyman's All-Star Jam

rustoffa
12-01-2004, 09:08 PM
Sounds promising.....

Bill Wyman's All-Star Jam

Former Rolling Stone Bill Wyman is enrolling his celebrity pals to create an all-star band and record a tribute to Elvis Presley's guitarist Scotty Moore.

The "(Si Si) Je Suis Un Rock Star" hit maker has invited Eric Clapton and Paul McCartney to London's famous Abbey Road Studios on Thursday to lay down a number of songs for 72-year-old Moore.

Wyman enthuses, "There's going to be me, Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton and a load of other guitarists all jamming together."

"It's being filmed for television and also a DVD, the works."

"I'm basically looking forward to sitting down to play with the other guys and seeing what he comes up with. Scotty himself is flying over to take part too."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2004

FORD
12-02-2004, 02:24 AM
Sounds interesting, but the all stars I want to see Bill jamming with are named Jagger, Richards, Taylor, Wood, and Watts, on a Stones tour in 2005.

Wayne L.
12-02-2004, 03:51 PM
As a dedicated Beatles/Stones fan for a long time now I'm looking forward to seeing Bill Wyman & Paul McCartney jamming on the same stage.

FORD
12-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
As a dedicated Beatles/Stones fan for a long time now I'm looking forward to seeing Bill Wyman & Paul McCartney jamming on the same stage.

But who the hell needs two bass players in the same band?

Wayne L.
12-02-2004, 07:15 PM
You are kind of mixed up in the head aren't you FORD if you don't think it's great that Wyman & McCartney will be on the same stage jamming & calling yourself a rock fan is crazy.

rustoffa
12-02-2004, 07:29 PM
I'm interested to see what other guitarists are on it....Moore influenced alotta folks.

Keef's gotta be there...I remember Beck citing Moore as well.

FORD
12-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
You are kind of mixed up in the head aren't you FORD if you don't think it's great that Wyman & McCartney will be on the same stage jamming & calling yourself a rock fan is crazy.

And you're so mixed up in the head you're starting to sound like your other alias ;)

BrownSound1
12-03-2004, 01:54 AM
Scotty Moore was da man. I LOVE his playing...just raw ass rockabilly. Even though James Burton was technically better, he just didn't have that "rock and roll" feel...which is understandable because he's a country player. ;)

Wayne L.
12-03-2004, 06:40 AM
I'm not Paul McCartney or Eddie Van Halen since they are my other identities in your mind FORD but you are a mental case.

FORD
12-04-2004, 12:44 PM
You're insane enough to be Eddie Van Halen, but I doubt you posess the musical talent that he at least used to have