PDA

View Full Version : The 3000th "Diamond dave" thread

Bill Lumbergh
12-02-2004, 12:05 PM
I still dont understand why nearly everyone bashes the shit outta the "Diamond Dave" album. It's not near the top of my Dave solo album rankings, but I still think he did a helluva job with the material. I know it's not a hard rock album, but Dave is having a fucking blast, and that alone is enough to warrant at least an occasional listen. I agree that it isnt a classic(or anywhere near the standards of EEAS, DLR Band etc.), but people make it sound like it's worse than a fuckin' Van Hagar album! Now that said, it's time to get back to original songs, and hard rock.

DLR7884
12-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Right on.

Here's the problem though. I have friends that are Dave fans that have confessed that they think VH3 is a better album.

Not me, as far as I'm concerned neither of them are really listenable.

Dave fucking butchered "If Six Was Nine." When I heard he was doing a cover of that song I could wait to hear it.

DLR7884
After I heard it, I wish I never had.

Bill Lumbergh
12-02-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884

Dave fucking butchered "If Six Was Nine." When I heard he was doing a cover of that song I could wait to hear it.

I agree with that. and I'm not saying it's something I listen to all the time. It's not. All I'm saying is once in a while it's a good listen, like when you're driving to the beach or something. I am in full agreement with everyone that it's tiime to get back to the hard rock sound, as well as original songs.

DLR7884
12-02-2004, 12:54 PM
I agree with that as well.

DLR7884
This album was 10 steps back for Dave after DLRBand.

DlocRoth
12-02-2004, 02:41 PM
"..driving to the beach or something..."

ROFL classic.

Seriously dudes, it's good shit. It's not like he was goin for a single off of it.

Just for kicks.

Besides, my 4 yr old loves the shit outta it. :)

DLR7884
12-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Who cares if he was going for a single or not?

DLR&884
Dave isn't about "singles."

aesop
12-02-2004, 02:44 PM
The video was pretty entertaining...

Carmine
12-02-2004, 02:45 PM
shoo bop, soul kitchen, thug pop. I think its great and is in my CD player as we speak. Its a great driving CD too...