PDA

View Full Version : Democrat Christine Gregoire in Washington seeks full recount

Steve Savicki
12-03-2004, 03:08 PM
FORD, I hope the recount is in your favor.

FORD
12-04-2004, 02:18 AM
I hope it will be. The Busheep/Rossisheep are really nervous up here. You wouldn't believe the hate they're spewing.

Chris Gregoire wasn't my first choice for governor, but she's not fucking around here. She's asked for a full recount of the whole state. Nothing more, nothing less. And anyone who has a problem with that obviously doesn't care about democracy in the first place.

On the other hand, if Rossi should win and make things intolerable here, my next governor vote might be for Janet ;)

Nickdfresh
12-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Has anyone ever thought of implementing a mechanism of a "RUN OFF" election into the American political landscape for any elections closer than a 3% difference in the vote count?

Don't a lot of foreign democracies have this as a mandatory secondary election phase?

BigBadBrian
12-04-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Has anyone ever thought of implementing a mechanism of a "RUN OFF" election into the American political landscape for any elections closer than a 3% difference in the vote count?

Don't a lot of foreign democracies have this as a mandatory secondary election phase?

This is a possible solution, but I think the American electorate would be highly pissed at the thought of having to vote twice in this day and age. :gulp:

FORD
12-04-2004, 12:15 PM
I think a runoff would actually be a reasonable solution in this case. Especially if they do it like they do in Louisiana, and hold the election on Saturday.

I have a feeling that would solve the problem, and that's why Chris Dunce and the Republicans would never support such an idea