PDA

View Full Version : Urban Meyer Heading to Florida!!!

conmee
12-03-2004, 03:41 PM
Gentlemen,

It all started when Kevin White, ND's athletic director, gave Davie a SIX YEAR CONTRACT EXTENSION prior to ND's blowout loss to Oregon State in the Fiesta Bowl in 2001. The dumbass doesn't even wait to see if Davie can actually win a big bowl game, instead he rewards Davie, only to have Davie lay an egg in the Fiesta Bowl, and then shortly thereafter, fire Davie and announce O'Leary as coach. Which was mistake number TWO... adding more embarrassment to the university, and taking so long to finally hire Willingham, making it look like Ty was the 5th or 6th coaching choice (he was, but they could have moved faster to hire him), and then to fire a BLACK coach after only THREE years and then chase after Meyer after ONE DAY after firing Willingham, only for Meyer to go to Florida THREE DAYS after THAT.... and we have one big fucking mess in South Bend!!!!!!!!

The ND AD has been a joke since his first day, and he needs to be fired next after all the mistakes and bad PR....

GO IRISH!!!
GO CHARGERS!!!!

Icon.

P.S. After having said all that, I still preferred Tedford over Meyer, and who knows, maybe all this is a blessing in disguise.... or just a mind-numbing failure... ugh...

:monkey:

ALinChainz
12-03-2004, 03:43 PM
Negotiating ploy?

See what Florida will offer to have ND ante up a little more?

conmee
12-03-2004, 03:53 PM
Perhaps... who knows... either way, Florida or ND will end up looking like tools if that's what this is all about....

Hell, Meyer doesn't have a non-buyout clause for Florida, only for ND, OSU, and UM. So if he goes to Florida, that means Florida is ponying up big bucks just to get him out of that Utah contract. Evidently, Florida is scared shitless that Zook has turned Florida INTO ND... lmao... and they will pay anything to keep that from happening...

Also, ESPN reported that Meyer wanted ND to offer six "player waivers" that he could use to attract students that weren't necessarily up to par academically at ND, and ND refused to offer any such waivers to any of the student athletes.

And finally, recruiting will be a hell of a lot easier at Florida in the short-term, and they already have better talent than ND. So he might be going for the big bucks, and easier rebuilding process.

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

ALinChainz
12-03-2004, 03:55 PM
ND being his dream job, enough to have that clause, he just must be enjoying the "recruitment" for his services.

Can't see him taking any other job. Would be a surprise to say the least.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-03-2004, 04:19 PM
ESPNEWS is reporting that he's expected to sign with Florida...

Really surprising, but I have to admit, I can't blame him in the least....

Or you going to go to your sentimental favorite, where you've always wanted to be head coach, but with the caveat that you KNOW that you can't recruit a certain percentage of players because they couldn't meet the academic standards if they took the tests twice and added them up ???

Or, are you going to go to an arguably equal school, strictly in the modern-day football point of view, where you have none of those academic hurdles to overcome....

Vanstonica
12-03-2004, 04:33 PM
Flordia is no longer rebuilding. Whoever steps into that job is going to have a championship-calibre team on their hands.

Zook couldn't coach worth a crap, but he sure as hell could recruit. That team is loaded with talent....they were just all sophomores and juniors this year.

Don't get me wrong, as a UGA alum, I hate Florida, and would have loved to see Meyer go to ND; but if I were in his shoes, I would have gone to Florida too.

Warham
12-03-2004, 04:53 PM
I hope ND doesn't pick some stiff now that Meyer is going to Florida.

I'd rather see Lou Holtz come back than get some 2nd rate college coach into South Bend.

POJO_Risin
12-03-2004, 05:57 PM
I would still consider Notre Dame the top job in the country...

if you turn around ND...you would be considered one of the greats of all time...the same way Holtz nabbed that with his tenure there...

it wouldn't be an easy job...but it would be grand if it's done...

As for Florida...

well...

that's one of the top 5 to 10 jobs in the country as well...

so if you have ND and Florida battling for you...lmfao...you better win...and win quick...

Brett
12-03-2004, 06:04 PM
Poj, it's that type of attitude that has led ND down this road. It's not the prestige job it once was. They can't get good players, and people aren't interested in coming there based on the glory of yesteryear and the movie "Rudy." The mystique of Notre Dame football is gone, and that's something the university needs to address. You can't live on past glories anymore, Knute Rockne means very little to a kid playing high school ball in suburban Texas or South Central LA.

POJO_Risin
12-03-2004, 06:09 PM
The thing is though Brett...

coming off of the Faust era...the same thing was being said...and Holtz came in and resurrected that program...

he was given room to maneuver though...

the smart thing for Notre Dame to do would be to look at someone like Holtz was back then...

and give him a bit of Carte Blanche...

Holtz brought back the Mystique...if you remember...

both of us hated ND back then because they were good...

The only thing Notre Dame has to do to bring back the mystique...is win...and they are immediately elevated to the top of the heap...

I agree...right now...it's a hard sell...because of what...8 years of mediocrity?

It's like Penn State...

but you get a guy in there that's a killer in the living room...

and they'll be back...and back quickly...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-03-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Brett
They can't get good players, and people aren't interested in coming there based on the glory of yesteryear and the movie "Rudy."

I'm getting choked up we speak thinking about Rudy running onto the field.....

And you're right, I don't want to go to ND.... ;)

POJO_Risin
12-03-2004, 07:53 PM
No...you'd rather run out there with JoePa...who hasn't had a good year SINCE Rudy...

good call...;)

Va Beach VH Fan
12-03-2004, 07:57 PM
You bastard....

I think JoePa would have a coronary if he ran out like that....

POJO_Risin
12-03-2004, 08:00 PM
lmfao...I don't know Va...he looked like a man possessed a couple of years ago running at referees...lmfao...

conmee
12-03-2004, 08:41 PM
I think that's one of the reasons Meyer demanded six 'waivers' for marginal students, so he could get the skill players... QB, RB, WR, TE, LB, and DE... lol

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
12-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Well...and they should have said yes...

TLR
12-03-2004, 10:44 PM
Damn, I hate Notre Dame...

POJO_Risin
12-04-2004, 01:42 PM
It's official...here's the link to the University of Florida website...

Click here to see Notre Dame's last fuck up (http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=7793&sport=footb&html=football/news/20041204125900.html)

POJO_Risin
12-04-2004, 01:45 PM
I wonder what Florida's buyout was...

and...

I wonder why Meyer had Michigan on his list of three...

he coached at OSU and at Notre Dame...

damn...that dude has some shit on his resume...and...lmfao...it's true...