PDA

View Full Version : Best Of Volume 2 Question !!!!!

Tony Soprano
02-02-2004, 01:36 PM
Considering Van Hagar will be reuniting sometime this year and talk about The Best Of Volume 2 with a few new Sammy tracks on it, there is also discussion about putting an unreleased Dave track on the new release.

In this case, like the situation back in 96' when Edward called Dave to ask what tracks would be included, will Eddie be giving Dave a call to ask what track will be added to this realease?

In any event, whether Edward has a choice or not, in this case he doesn't and wants to include a Dave track he must contact Dave since Dave is a part-owner of the classic VH songs as far as publishing rights are concerned.

Should be interesting!

Full Bug
02-02-2004, 01:39 PM
I dont know, if Spammy really is back with the band its hard to picture him going along with a Roth track on the album, cant see it happening, would be cool though.....

Bob_R
02-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Tony Soprano
In this case, like the situation back in 96' when Edward called Dave to ask what tracks would be included, will Eddie be giving Dave a call to ask what track will be added to this realease?

In '96 Dave called Ed. Ed did not call Dave. Ed returned Dave's call.

And you're right. It should be interesting.

azcrdnal
02-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
In '96 Dave called Ed. Ed did not call Dave. Ed returned Dave's call.

And you're right. It should be interesting. you are correct sir

Mr Badguy
02-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Why not just release a "Best of the Dave years" CD?

It would sell millions.

They`re sitting on a gold mine.

Come on Eddie, take our money!

We`ll gladly part with it for that.

Dave IS VH
02-02-2004, 04:42 PM
I always thought, Van Halen should make a box set, and release a bunch of rare tracks from their bootlegs and Demos.

pete
02-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy

It would sell millions.

i think they'd need new stuff to grab the general public. a greatest hits deal is already available.

DavidLeeNatra
02-03-2004, 05:12 AM
why the fuck should I buy a greatist hits with nothing new on it while I got all the sixpack on cd and record? and I'd never buy something with spam's stuff on it...

for the phone call...dave called and ed had to be pushed by val to answer the call...that little prick would not have called dave back on his own...fuck him anyway...

Gmoney
02-03-2004, 01:57 PM
They say Van Halen is not about money, but why else would they release another Greatest Hits CD.

Typically, when your last two releases are Greatest Hits, your career has gone into the crapper!!

Crap on....all gone.....THE CRAPPER!!!!

Polk High
02-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Ed would never do that cause he wants Roth era fazed out and the sam era more up to speed. Like I have always said to put out a best of w/o hot for teacher, mean street, jamie's cryin, etc is a god damn travesty. Anything w/ out a NEW never heard before Roth song will get me to buy this BO VII.
After they released the BO Videos w/ only 3 roth songs on it and like 11 hagar songs (about 5 i never even heard of) and if you act now and get the dvd it comes w/ even worse shit (cherone.) Oh sometimes I just want to vommit over Edward Van Halen

Originally posted by Mr Badguy

It would sell millions.

Polk High
02-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Yeah I agree how do you release two greatest hits albums back to back (mind you these are far apart but come on.)

DLR7884
02-03-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Polk High
Yeah I agree how do you release two greatest hits albums back to back (mind you these are far apart but come on.)

Technically, the did release another album, it sucked but it was an album.

VH3.

DLR7884
We know that was far from great and/or having a hit. :)

Polk High
02-04-2004, 12:57 AM
how could i forget that classic album

Terry
02-05-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Dave IS VH
I always thought, Van Halen should make a box set, and release a bunch of rare tracks from their bootlegs and Demos.

No doubt. All those studio demos for tunes that didn't wind up on the first Van Halen album.......so much unreleased stuff.

BOV1 was more than a little full of shit, since I had to spend the price of a full-length album for a bunch of classic Van Halen tunes I already had and a bunch of Van Hagar tunes I'd never listen to just to get to the two 1996 new Roth tracks.

The BOV1 greatest video hits was an even bigger sham. 3 classic videos, then a bunch of Van Hagar clips? What happened to the promos for the first classic album, the live promos for the second classic album, the live promos for Fair Warning and the Pretty Woman clip?

rustoffa
02-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Polk High
You gotta have a shiny new hip,a charred tongue,and a fat little buddy with some tequila to pull shit like that off....:monekyr: