PDA

View Full Version : Both DLR and Sammy should reunite in VH

Dave IS VH
02-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Here is what should happened, both David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar should reunite with Van Halen, and go on tour together.

Van Halen can go out with Sammy, and do a Van Hagar set. Dave can then come out with Van Halen, and do the real thing. A kick ass, hard nose, classic Van Halen set, the way Dave can do it.

David Lee Rocks
02-02-2004, 03:25 PM
I agree with you I just dont see it happening, I would like to see just a Dave/Van halen reunion more but I will accept both Dave and Sammy at this point, but a Van Hagar reunion only?? NO!!!!!!

Mr Badguy
02-02-2004, 03:30 PM
Isn`t that kind of what happened for "The best of...Volume one"?

How would it work?

Would they record a new Van Hagar album and just perform the classic stuff with Dave, `cos I don`t think they could write stuff in that style that would be as good.

They`d better hurry before we`re all too old.

They`re turning into GnR.

Dave IS VH
02-02-2004, 03:39 PM
A Van Hagar reunion by itself would be God awful, but I thought it would be fun to get both worlds.

No, question a Van Halen reunion with Dave would be the best.

Mr Badguy
02-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Yes, but a "greatest hits" tour or a new CD?

Dave IS VH
02-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Sammy would come out with Van Halen, and do a Van Hagar era set, from the albums he recorded with them.

Dave would come out with Van Halen, and do a Dave era set, from the stuff he recorded with them.

A new album from both Dave and Sammy in VH would be interesting, but wouldn't work. Let's just say there would be hell in the studio.

choppizz
02-02-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Dave IS VH
Here is what should happened, both David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar should reunite with Van Halen, and go on tour together.

Van Halen can go out with Sammy, and do a Van Hagar set. Dave can then come out with Van Halen, and do the real thing. A kick ass, hard nose, classic Van Halen set, the way Dave can do it.
Are you guys for real? Do you hear what you are saying?Unless they were planning on doing 30 minute sets each, I don't think Eddie could pull it off without an oxygen tent to run to every 5 minutes. Besides, Sammy isn't even a consideration. He sucks, and shame on you for wanting to spend money on going to see him! They don't need a new album, or to launch the Space Shuttle or any of that bullshit! ALL they need is a tour with Diamond Dave up front doing all the classic stuff, and it would sell out. You know it!

Terry
02-02-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by choppizz
Are you guys for real? Do you hear what you are saying?Unless they were planning on doing 30 minute sets each, I don't think Eddie could pull it off without an oxygen tent to run to every 5 minutes. Besides, Sammy isn't even a consideration. He sucks, and shame on you for wanting to spend money on going to see him! They don't need a new album, or to launch the Space Shuttle or any of that bullshit! ALL they need is a tour with Diamond Dave up front doing all the classic stuff, and it would sell out. You know it!

No doubt. Unless Ed, Al and Mike were up to doing two full sets a night, one with Roth and Hagar each, I wouldn't want to see it. And you know Ed and Al couldn't pull off 3 to 4 hours a night.

If Halen reunited with Roth, I wouldn't want to see an abbreviated live set so that Sam Halen fans could see their boy, too.

Bottom line is there's only one lineup people are referring to when they talk about a Van Halen reunion that would be worthwhile to see, and that's the classic one.

PenguinsKID1986
02-02-2004, 07:46 PM
Dave or nothing, c'mon guys sammy would be o.k.? my ASS. fuck van halen if its not with dave!!!

Gmoney
02-02-2004, 09:30 PM
Are you guys going to leave out Gary Cherone?? He can contribute a 5 minute set!!!!

Sorry guys, Dave or nothing!!!

azcrdnal
02-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Gmoney
Are you guys going to leave out Gary Cherone?? He can contribute a 5 minute set!!!!

Sorry guys, Dave or nothing!!! i agree.

Dave IS VH
02-02-2004, 11:16 PM
I agree, anything short of a VH reunion with Dave would be horrible, but I thought it might be fun to think. What it would be like, if both Spammy and Dave got back in VH for a tour.

It wouldn't last long, infect in the middle of the tour Dave, Sammy and the VH brothers would be at each others throats.

DLR7884
02-02-2004, 11:53 PM
Here is what should happened,

What should have happened, and when?

both David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar should reunite with Van Halen, and go on tour together.

Were you dropped as a child?

Dave shares his stage with NOBODY.

DLR7884
Besides, this idea is about 3 or 4 years old.

MAX
02-03-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Dave shares his stage with NOBODY.

Surprise, surprise!!! Here I log in and read this thread and once again I'm riding your coatails. I had a long response ready to go, however your sentence said it perfectly!

Not only does Dave NOT share his fucking stage with "NOBODY!!!" He couldn't/wouldn't EVER share HIS fucking stage with :asshole: Pajammy A.K.A The Chedd Chunker!!!! :monekyr:

The Diamond One proved that on their tour in 2002 and would NEVER fucking do that with or for The Lying Dutchmen!!!

NO DLR, NO HALEN!!! END OF FUCKING STORY!!!

Panamark
02-03-2004, 12:47 AM
Well said Max. If this shit did happen we would all be pissed at Spammy anyways for chewing up extra "Classic time".
Who wants to see that tired old pop act anyways ? Apart from a few dozen VH linkers ?? If I had to watch the un-natural man-love between Mikey and Spammy live on stage, I would
have to gouge my eyes out with a screwdriver !! Farken Homosexual Munchkins.

Dave IS VH
02-03-2004, 01:36 AM
There is no question, Dave would kick Sammy's ass like 2 years ago during the Dave/Sammy tour. It must be Dave in VH, I wouldn't have it any other way. A Van Hagar reunion would be fucked up.

MAX
02-03-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Well said Max.

Thanks Panamark and right back at you! smile

Apart from a few dozen VH linkers ?? If I had to watch the un-natural man-love between Mikey and Spammy live on stage, I would
have to gouge my eyes out with a screwdriver !! Farken Homosexual Munchkins.

LMAO!!! Well, I'm a long time "Linker" and there are many, fucking MANY stellar people over there. However, I mostly post in non-music forums cos anything regarding The Cheddar stuffed, red tomato has absolutely NOTHING to do with VH. IMO.

Anyway, "Homosexual Munchkins" is fucking classic and golden!!!!

Thanks again for the props!!!

DavidLeeNatra
02-03-2004, 05:05 AM
It wouldn't last long, infect in the middle of the tour Dave, Sammy and the VH brothers would be at each others throats.

in the middle of the tour? this would happen after one minute when they'd be first meeting...

choppizz
02-03-2004, 09:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Panamark
[B] If this shit did happen we would all be pissed at Spammy anyways for chewing up extra "Classic time".
Amen Panamark. That couldn't have been put any better!Spammy is a waste of fucking space, and he's not needed to sell out the tour. Bottom line! The people that will go out of their way to see a VH reunion are not the Spammy era, top 40 fuckers that have fond memories of getting their first hand job to "Dreams". It's guys like us that played our Van Halen 1 album so many times, the fucking needle cut through the record! Spammy could come along as Dave's " tailor lady" so he could suck the air out of Dave's leather pants and finally put all that SUCKING to good use!!

EAST COAST
02-04-2004, 10:35 AM
all this shit about ed and alex being bitches, and sam being the fat, queer, jealous replacement bitch that he is really depresses me.. im gettin older by the minute waitin for the real reunion, imagine how much it must eat away at dave to realize all the wasted time that has gone by. i wish he never quit, if he never did quit they would be up there with the stones and zep (maybe not the beatles) as the greatest ever......

choppizz
02-04-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by EAST COAST
all this shit about ed and alex being bitches, and sam being the fat, queer, jealous replacement bitch that he is really depresses me.. im gettin older by the minute waitin for the real reunion, imagine how much it must eat away at dave to realize all the wasted time that has gone by. i wish he never quit, if he never did quit they would be up there with the stones and zep (maybe not the beatles) as the greatest ever......

That's some true ass shit! Super groups like Zep, the Stones, Classic Halen, Classic Elton John...they're a think of the past. I think that the music that endures the test of time has already been done.