PDA

View Full Version : The Black Crowes: your take

Marlowe01
12-04-2004, 12:50 PM
I personally think they kick ass. They're a great bluesy rock band, although they didn't have all the mystique and such that Led Zeppelin have. Straight-up GREAT rock, I think.

Fairwrning
12-04-2004, 12:52 PM
great band....complete with an asshole for a singer!!

Golden AWe
12-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Love the Crowes!

They've only done one weak album in my books - "Three snakes and one charm" only had a few great tracks, and a lot of fill-ins...

I hope they'de get their act together...

Their Zeppelin-special with Jimmy Page was a grate one, though they might have played it with a bit more personality, instead of going pretty much note-by-note...

ALinChainz
12-04-2004, 01:53 PM
I like them a lot.

The last album "Lions" lacked a little bit.

I do like the song "Lickin" ... "night and day like a mule I'm kickin', girl you're gonna catch a lickin' yeah ..."

Good funky groove to it.

But most of the ealier stuff, kicks ass in my opinion.

Rikk
12-04-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
Love the Crowes!

They've only done one weak album in my books - "Three snakes and one charm" only had a few great tracks, and a lot of fill-ins...

I hope they'de get their act together...

Their Zeppelin-special with Jimmy Page was a grate one, though they might have played it with a bit more personality, instead of going pretty much note-by-note...

I agree. Albums 1,2,3,5,6 were very good. There was one track on THREE SNAKES I really liked called Neberkemenzer or something like that. I always fuck the name up. But otherwise, that album was a bit letdown after the amazing AMORICA.

LIONS was a good album...harder album than they'd done in a while.

Nickdfresh
12-04-2004, 03:51 PM
Yawn. Overrated. But mostly over.

Big Train
12-05-2004, 02:33 PM
I think they are solid. I saw them play with Jimmy Page and I agree they were pretty rote, but I thought Page sucked. He was all over the place trying to play these "parts" and they didn't work very well.

The Crowes have some great songs and I think they have just suffered from a market that didn't care for what they did or anyone in their genre. I think it will come around again.

diamondsgirl
12-05-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by fairwrning
great band....complete with an asshole for a singer!!

Chris is an ass, but I dig his voice. I love his blues stuff. He sounds a lot like Kevin Martin and I like him alot too.

BITEYOASS
12-05-2004, 03:04 PM
"Southern Harmony & Musical Companion is the best damn Southern Rock album of the 90's IMO!

aesop
12-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Great straight ahead rock band that has the right attitude. When I was living in Jacksonville I looked forward to seeing them sooo bad during their opening for ZZ Top that tour, but (as some of you may recall) Chris said the night before Jax something like "We don't give a *@#& what the sign says...The Black Crowes are not sponsored by anyone" or something to that affect. They were booted off the tour the next day by Miller, WHEN I WAS SUPPOSED TO SEE THEM!!!! I was pissed!! They had some 11-hour-dug-up local band open that sucked. :(

I still like them 'Crowes, though.

loss of fools
12-05-2004, 08:49 PM
shake ur moneymaker is a quality song thats all iv realy heard 2 be honest

VHII
12-05-2004, 08:55 PM
ive got all their albums and i think theyre great, about a month back i read that rich robinson would like to do a reunion, well see what happens

Matt White
12-05-2004, 11:45 PM
"Shake Your Moneymaker" is in the top 10 cds of the 90's, in my book.
Southern Harmony & By Your Side rule as well.
VERY cool band.
Last I heard, there has been rumblings that they are in the process of bookings dates for a North American tour!

VIVA THE BLACK CROWES!!!

VHII
12-08-2004, 09:53 PM
im ready for it if they do

ODShowtime
12-09-2004, 08:35 AM
One of the best bands of the 90s, and like Big Train said, totally let down by the market place. When you release an album like Lions and then break up because of slow sales, something is fucked up. Man I hope they come back, I am not done with them yet!

VHII
12-11-2004, 11:17 AM
i lost my Amorica