PDA

View Full Version : Will Giuliani replace Cheney in ’04?

lucky wilbury
02-02-2004, 03:58 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4065772

Will Giuliani replace Cheney in ’04?

A well-placed source says that the president will “most likely” drop Dick Cheney from his re-election ticket and his first choice for a replacement is former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani.

“The issue of Cheney’s health will probably be given as the reason,” says the insider. “There’s a short list of possible replacements, and Rudy is at the top of the list.”

The source adds that the selection of the former New York mayor may be overridden by Bush advisors from the far right. “Giuliani has been pro-choice, pro-gay rights, and is pretty liberal on some other social issues, but the thinking is that he might broaden Bush’s appeal.”

If, however, Giuliani gets bumped from the ticket, says the source, “expect him to get a prime assignment in Washington as an consolation prize.”

Bush’s rep didn’t return calls, and a spokeswoman for Giuliani said, “Rudy Giuliani has been out in Iowa and New Hampshire talking about the incredible accomplishments of Vice President Dick Cheney with George Bush and working very hard to get them both re-elected.”

lucky wilbury
02-02-2004, 03:59 PM
sounds interesting.

FORD
02-02-2004, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I heard that rumor already. Guess that either means Uncle Dick is at death's door, or he's about to take the fall for the WMD lies, kinda like Spiro Agnew became the sacrifice for Tricky Dicky.

lucky wilbury
02-02-2004, 06:08 PM
i hope it comes true that way another one of my "office pool" "predictions" happens.

FORD
02-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Which way did you bet? Dead, or the fall guy?

Ally_Kat
02-02-2004, 10:16 PM
he'll either do that or beat Hillary's ass in the Senate race. I'm hoping for VP

lucky wilbury
02-02-2004, 10:19 PM
this is what i have as happening

----------------------------------------
Originally posted by Lucky Wilbury
14. Debating Cheney on TV will be the Democratic running mate (a) Wes Clark; (b) Bob Graham; (c) Bill Richardson; (d) Dianne Feinstein; (e) John Edwards; (f) Carl Levin.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

C bill richardson but he won't be debating cheney though. he'll step aside before that between may and july is my guess for "health"reasons. the new vp will be rice or another person not well known to many people except those who live in that particular state.

-------------------------------------

i just have him leaving for "health" reasons. i wonder what he'll come down with.

FORD
02-02-2004, 10:37 PM
Oh, that office pool.... forgot about that thread, since it was back at Von's board.

I thought you were talking about an actual office pool you had at "The Company" ;)

Wayne L.
02-03-2004, 08:20 AM
I think Cheney being replaced as VP by Guiliani is just a rumor at this point.