PDA

View Full Version : Fox News/Clear Channel

Big Train
12-06-2004, 08:53 PM
Clear Channel Radio to feature Fox News

SAN FRANCISCO (AFX) - Clear Channel Communications (NYSE: CCU - news) , the largest radio station owner in the U.S., said Monday that it has named Fox News Radio as its main news source for more than 100 Clear Channel talk stations under a five-year deal, beginning in 2005.
Fox News replaces Walt Disney Co.'s ABC Radio as Clear Channel's primary news provider, offering five-minute, top-of-the-hour newscasts and around-the-clock national news coverage.
Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes said in a statement the deal makes it a direct competitor to both ABC and CBS Radio. The news marks another feather in Ailes' cap, as his Fox News Channel cable television network holds a commanding ratings lead over rival CNN.
Fox News will also have access to Clear Channel's 500-plus local broadcast news journalists via the Clear Channel News Network.
Clear Channel's talk hosts include such personalities as Rush Limbaugh, Matt Drudge, Dr. Laura Schlessinger, Art Bell and Bill Handel.
The Fox-Clear Channel pact includes Clear Channel stations in such large markets as Los Angeles, Atlanta, Phoenix (Xetra: 603100.DE - news) and San Diego.
Shares of Clear Channel rose 48 cents to $33.63, while Fox Entertainment Group fell 13 cents to $30.35.
This story was supplied by CBSMarketWatch. For further information see www.cbsmarketwatch.com.

FORD
12-06-2004, 09:10 PM
So Clear Channel, the company literally founded with BCE money, gets it's "news" from FAUX, the network which employs several PNAC'ers.

And this is supposed to be a surprise? :rolleyes:

Lou
12-06-2004, 09:11 PM
No it's not a surprise, which makes it kind of comical. I must admit I was chuckling reading this news.

Hey, let us have our conservative outlet :D

FORD
12-06-2004, 10:18 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/top10/04/179_cc.jpg
You really trust the people who put up this dictator worshipping idolatry for legitimate news??

Flash Bastard
12-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by FORD
http://www.democraticunderground.com/top10/04/179_cc.jpg
You really trust the people who put up this dictator worshipping idolatry for legitimate news??

He has such a trustworthy face. I'd buy a used car from him.

Warham
12-06-2004, 10:29 PM
I wish people would learn what the word dictator actually means before they use it so LIBERAL-ly.

Lou
12-06-2004, 10:41 PM
FORD I personally don't bow down to W by any means but I hold traditional, conservative values and there's just no one in the Democratic party right now that's really bringing anything to the table to sway me.

ODShowtime
12-07-2004, 08:49 AM
I for one am glad I can now get my gov't funded propaganda on the go!

Wayne L.
12-07-2004, 08:56 AM
I think it's great that Fox News is joining Clear Channel since it's fair, balanced & less biased as well as being cutting edge unlike ABC.

jacksmar
12-07-2004, 09:10 AM
“FORD I personally don't bow down to W by any means but I hold traditional, conservative values and there's just no one in the Democratic party right now that's really bringing anything to the table to sway me.”

Lou, I hate to say it but this is a wasted statement on Ford.

He honestly believes that Clinton was the second coming, that he’s been wrong by Bush twice, and that there’s a boogieman behind every other door.

Lou, I would have liked to have been able to vote for President John Kennedy. What the “Ford’s” of the Democrat party can’t comprehend is that Kennedy set the bar so well in place that the Dem’s have to find a guy that is President Kenndey’s equal or bettor.

The remaining parties would be on the outside looking in; we would collectively vote for a man of this caliber.

FORD
12-07-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Lou
FORD I personally don't bow down to W by any means but I hold traditional, conservative values and there's just no one in the Democratic party right now that's really bringing anything to the table to sway me.

And what traditional conservative values do the BCE hold?

Not their propaganda, which ones do they practice??

I doubt you would find any.

FORD
12-07-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by jacksmar

Lou, I hate to say it but this is a wasted statement on Ford.

He honestly believes that Clinton was the second coming, that he’s been wrong by Bush twice, and that there’s a boogieman behind every other door.

OK, first of all, don't ever put words in my mouth. I don't believe that anybody is the second coming of Christ until it's actually the second coming of Christ - which will probably happen soon enough as it is. Clinton has been the best President in my lifetime, but that's not as much a glowing endorsement of him as it is a comment on the absolutely pathetic competition.

Lou, I would have liked to have been able to vote for President John Kennedy. What the “Ford’s” of the Democrat party can’t comprehend is that Kennedy set the bar so well in place that the Dem’s have to find a guy that is President Kenndey’s equal or bettor.

The remaining parties would be on the outside looking in; we would collectively vote for a man of this caliber.

You talk about JFK setting a bar so high, yet YOU settle for a guy who spent 30 years sitting in bars. Not to mention snorting coke, deserting the National Guard, and never holding an actual job.

So you don't believe Clinton measures up to JFK, but are you going to tell me that George Bush Jr, or his daddy, for that matter, measure up to Abe Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt?

And don't even bother with the Reagan card. He didn't come close either, no matter what FAUX News tells you.

aesop
12-07-2004, 11:55 AM
Bottom line - this is capitalism. The better radio will win. If Air{head}America said shit ANYONE cared about, they'd actually be on the radio as well. It's ALWAYS about the $$$.

For proof of why this should be no surprise, check out Fox News' TV ratings. Prime Time they are higher than every other cable news network combined!! Although I do like Dennis Miller on MSNBC!

DrMaddVibe
12-07-2004, 12:04 PM
And what traditional conservative values do the BCE hold?

Not their propaganda, which ones do they practice??

I doubt you would find any.

tick tock tick tock...

ODShowtime
12-07-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by aesop
Bottom line - this is capitalism. The better radio will win.

That's a fairly intelligent comment. I'd have to say I agree with it.

For proof of why this should be no surprise, check out Fox News' TV ratings. Prime Time they are higher than every other cable news network combined!!

Part of the reason for that might be the ridiculous wolf-crying "NEWS ALERT!!!!!!!" everyday at 5 o'clock PM. Like clockwork, there is an essential "NEWS ALERT!!!!!!!" every single god-damned day. It took awhile to get used to. Now it's standard. Our standards have steeply regressed people.

aesop
12-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime

Yea but ratings go by Prime Time...that means O'Reilly, Hannity and Colmes, Gretta (Whom I don't like), etc. vs. Hardballs, CNN Yesterday, and the totally impotent Deborah Norville Tonight.

jacksmar
12-07-2004, 05:43 PM
No, YOU settle for a guy who spent 30 years sitting in bars. Not to mention snorting coke, draft dodging the National Guard, and never holding an actual job. His name was President Bill Clinton.

I know that President Reagan was hard for you comprehend so I’ll make it simple: He used to be a Democrat.
You get that Ford?

Your party offered in the last 2 Presidential elections a man that couldn’t define himself and a man who couldn’t define himself. Who was I supposed to settle for? Michael Badnarik?

By the way Ford, “A senator hasn't won the White House since 1960, and despite having the same initials, Judas ain't no JFK!”

So why did you vote for “At least his face doesn't look like Lurch or Mr fucking Ed like Senator Judas IsKerryot” John F Kerry, Ford?
Did you “settle”?:confused:

Nickdfresh
12-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by jacksmar
No, YOU settle for a guy who spent 30 years sitting in bars. Not to mention snorting coke, draft dodging the National Guard, and never holding an actual job. His name was President Bill Clinton.

Ohh! For a minute I thought you were talking about George Dubya Bush there! But then you mentioned Clinton and didn't mention any drunk driving arrests!:rolleyes:

DEMON CUNT
12-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Now RIGHTWING DIPSHITS will have even greater access to their fake news tit!

Big Train
12-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Yea, it is a good thing, although a lil more low tech than the Internet based liberal bullshit.....we are the stupid ol red states right?

blueturk
12-08-2004, 03:57 AM
It's no big deal.Anybody scanning stations in their car will skip "Free Bird" or REO Speedwagon or the one Black Sabbath tune that any Clear Channel "rock" station plays.Clear Channel stations are for the most part the worst of generic radio.Anybody who listens to a Clear Channel affiliate probably doesn't have the attention span to absorb any information.

ashstralia
12-08-2004, 04:09 AM
thank god we've only
got three media moguls....

we consider rupert
yours now...

Nickdfresh
12-08-2004, 06:27 AM
I want to hear "Air America," but due to the homgenized corporate Buffalo radio culture, I can only hear the "pain-killer" babblings of one Rush Limbaugh and a couple of other right-wing Rushie wanna-bees!

aesop
12-08-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I want to hear "Air America," but due to the homgenized corporate Buffalo radio culture, I can only hear the "pain-killer" babblings of one Rush Limbaugh and a couple of other right-wing Rushie wanna-bees!

It's on Sirius right now...

Nickdfresh
12-08-2004, 01:09 PM

I'll wait until Howard Stern gets there.;)

FORD
12-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by ashstralia
thank god we've only
got three media moguls....

we consider rupert
yours now...

We don't want the son of a bitch. Take him back, and let Steve Irwin feed him to the crocs!

FORD
12-11-2004, 12:11 PM

And about the time you bought all the Sirius reciever and docking kits for car, home, office, etc., the network would be bought by Murdoch (who just bought Direct TV) or Clear Channel (who already own 10% of XM now)

I'm not buying into sattelite radio just yet anyway, because I wouldn't listen enough to get my money's worth. As it is now, I usually only listen to radio in the morning before work.

Of course, I imagine that eventually as the popularity of satellite radio kicks in, the quality of broadcast signals will mysteriously deteriorate to the point where you will be forced to buy into the system just to be able to hear your local radio stations.

When I was a kid, we could get a Vancouver BC television station on the rabbit ears just great. I remember watching Sesame Street in French, for fucks sake. And Vancouver is some 200 miles away from here. Now you're lucky if you can get even one Seattle station on a rooftop antenna.

Technology advances over the last 30 or so years would suggest that antennas would be better now than in 1970. So obviously, there was a deliberate weakening of the signal once cable TV was available, leaving people no choice but to subscribe, if they wanted a quality signal.

And the increasingly corporatized FCC ain't about to challenge them on it.

Lou
12-11-2004, 12:21 PM
You know what though, there really is nothing worth watching on TV anyway anymore. I watch sports and news, and that's about it. I don't watch any sitcoms, I don't watch movies, I don't watch anything "prime time" except sports and news. I have no interest in digital cable or satellite, nor do I have any interest in a HDTV. Because the problem with those is that it's not going to make the quality of programming any better.

ODShowtime
12-14-2004, 10:39 AM
Of course, I imagine that eventually as the popularity of satellite radio kicks in, the quality of broadcast signals will mysteriously deteriorate to the point where you will be forced to buy into the system just to be able to hear your local radio stations.

Well, once nobody's listening to the broadcasts, there's no need to expand or perform maintanence on existing equipment. Cable TV is a great concept, except it's run by corrupt Comcast around me. Those fuckers are CORRUPT.

Sarge's Little Helper
12-14-2004, 10:42 AM
Well, once nobody's listening to the broadcasts, there's no need to expand or perform maintanence on existing equipment. Cable TV is a great concept, except it's run by corrupt Comcast around me. Those fuckers are CORRUPT.

<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/admin/dbprefs.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>318</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>318</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>187</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>187</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>235</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>235</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/graphnew.php</b> on line <b>298</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/graphnew.php</b> on line <b>298</b><br />

ODShowtime
12-14-2004, 10:51 AM
calm down there little guy

DLR'sCock
12-14-2004, 11:41 AM

You can get it on the interent at AirAmerica.com and satellite radio....the closest station to you is WROC 950 AM in Rochester.

DLR'sCock
12-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Hey, there are pleny of morons and self serving scumbags out there that eat this Fox shit up!!!!! This is in no way a surprise, but alas the war is growing.

Don't give a fuck who or how many die as long as in my pocket the money lies!!!! Do as I say and not as I do!!!

Nickdfresh
12-14-2004, 01:48 PM

Ever hear of Adelphia? Comcast is buy our cable system and they will be an improvement.

Nickdfresh
12-14-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
You can get it on the interent at AirAmerica.com and satellite radio....the closest station to you is WROC 950 AM in Rochester.

Won't come in, our AM reception sucks here.

ODShowtime
12-14-2004, 01:57 PM
Ever hear of Adelphia? Comcast is buy our cable system and they will be an improvement.

Comcast is buying them all dude. Don't they own some ABC or Disney or some shit? They're big dogs on the block all of a sudden. And they're a bunch of asswipes.

Nickdfresh
12-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Comcast is buying them all dude. Don't they own some ABC or Disney or some shit? They're big dogs on the block all of a sudden. And they're a bunch of asswipes.

In this case, it's a good thing believe me. After what the Rigas' have done to Buffalo.