PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Maiden Guitarist

Don Corleone
12-07-2004, 02:16 AM
Following Daveisking's Maiden thread, I thought this might be interesting. Personally my favourite Maiden axe man is Adrian Smith (although it's close between him and Dave Murray)

nosuchluck
12-07-2004, 05:05 AM
Smith.
but like u said, its between him and Murray.
Gers is too sloppy.

Don Corleone
12-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by nosuchluck
Smith.
but like u said, its between him and Murray.
Gers is too sloppy.

It's very close between them, I just think Smith's solo's and playing are just that little bit better.

Mr Badguy
12-07-2004, 03:34 PM
I think I`m going for Adrian Smith.

As much as I think Dave Murray is one of the most under-rated British soloists of all time, Smiths excellent rhythm playing and well thought out technical soloing get him my vote.

Look what happened to them after he left in 1989 until he came back.

Check out the "Rock in Rio" DVD.

The centre channel speaker in the 5:1 mix has only Smiths guitar coming though it and some of the down tuned rhythm parts he plays are mind-blowing and really fill out the sound.

He`s the guitarist guitarist, if you like.

I love the way that you can tell between Murray and Smith by their sound and different techniques, perhaps more easily than any other twin guitar combo.

As much as I think Janick Gers is a nice bloke, his playing doesn`t really excite me at all.

Don Corleone
12-08-2004, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy

The centre channel speaker in the 5:1 mix has only Smiths guitar coming though it and some of the down tuned rhythm parts he plays are mind-blowing and really fill out the sound.

He`s the guitarist guitarist, if you like.

I'll have to check that out on the Rio DVD. Your right what you though, he is the guitarists guitarist.

saint
12-08-2004, 09:38 AM
Adrian Smith and Dave Murray combined deliver some of the
most complex dual guitar harmonies around. And if I have to pick one I go for Adrian. Even though I donīt always know who plays what.

Matt White
12-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Adrian Smith. Hands down. Great soloist & songwriter.

"Up the Irons!!!"