PDA

View Full Version : Saw the Darkness a few nights ago

Don Corleone
12-07-2004, 04:00 PM
I got to see the Darkness a few night's back, and I've got to say they put on one heck of a show. Also they played a few new tunes (Including opening the show with a new song), and I've got to say if what I heard was any indication of the new album, then it's going to be good.

EmpyreLounge44
12-07-2004, 06:38 PM
yeah should be interesting to see what their new disc sounds like with Mutt Lange producing

VHII
12-07-2004, 10:01 PM
i hear its gonna come out early summer, is that what anyone else heard?

Seshmeister
12-07-2004, 10:03 PM
I heard them say they were gonna stop touring because they felt they were ripping the fans off trying to extend 1 album to a full set.

Plus they were worried they're new album would be shit because the record company wasn't giving them time to write.

That was months ago...

Coyote
12-08-2004, 01:11 AM
I wonder what the new album's gonna sound like with Roy Thomas Baker at the producer's seat...

Don Corleone
12-08-2004, 02:12 AM
The song they opened with sounds a very similar to Jet by Wings. It was quite good.

Vivian Campbell
12-08-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
I got to see the Darkness a few night's back, and I've got to say they put on one heck of a show. Also they played a few new tunes (Including opening the show with a new song), and I've got to say if what I heard was any indication of the new album, then it's going to be good.

Sounds great. Thanks for the info.

Hopefully they'll get the album out by march. I've been dying for the new release the minute I heard PTL. Early summer would be too long and risks them losing some momentum. Hopefully they'll include a song about Justin's Jag being stolen. The story they had about it on their website was entitled "I believe in a thing called Justice." It was too funny. Would be great in song version.

Shaun Ponsonby
12-08-2004, 10:57 AM
Saw them, too in Manchester on 2nnd December. They are an excellent live band. Lots of pyro, lots of lights, lots of stupid costumes, lots of audience participation. Very entertaining. Definatley going to see them again. Did you notice they played 'Jump' on the video wall whilst they were setting up?

By the way-Justin Hawkins-funny as fuck!

rustoffa
12-08-2004, 01:25 PM
Saw 'em here last April....fantastic live band.
I had a boot of that show up for awhile over at DDLR....very good quality.
The night we saw 'em, Cheap Trick and Aerosmith were backstage checking out the show.....Hawkins kept making jokes about Tyler being all fucked up.
Like Shaun said....pretty funny guy....excellent front man.

Chaz Rock City
01-23-2005, 07:06 AM
I can't wait for new Darkness. Whe I saw them last summer, they did 3 tunes that weren't on PTL that were killer. One of them had a really cool Queen sounding riff.

DrMaddVibe
01-24-2005, 07:20 AM
I saw them here in Tampa last summer. Good concert, but not enough material to make me want to pay to see them...yet!

Their AC/DC, Queen infused rock is a welcome addition to the scene where the screaming idiots(Mushroomhead,Mudvayne,Slipknot)rule.