PDA

View Full Version : What Would Ford Do If In Charge Of Homeland Security?

JCOOK
12-07-2004, 11:21 PM
FORD and I probably agree on this one?/Or maybe not!:D :D

FORD
12-08-2004, 12:08 AM
FORD would secure THIS country and let Israel take care of itself.

Phil theStalker
12-08-2004, 12:15 AM
FORD would change the name.

Somebody better do it soon.

P

FORD
12-08-2004, 12:18 AM
Yeah, I'd change the name to "Use some goddamned common sense and inspect the fucking sea-ports and secure the southern border, you stupid ignorant asses"

But it's gonna be hard getting a government web domain for that one :(

Flash Bastard
12-08-2004, 12:35 AM
FORD.... if elected president, what would you wish to accomplish during your first term? Seriously.

FORD
12-08-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
FORD.... if elected president, what would you wish to accomplish during your first term? Seriously.

1)Abolish NAFTA, WTO and all that globalist bullshit. Tax the living shit out of corporations who try to weasel their way out of employing Americans at a decent wage, in order to pay their CEO's 7 figure salaries.

2) Legalize drugs. ALL of them. Regulate marijuana just as alcohol is, and make the hard shit available by prescription only. This way, drug addicts can be treated for a medical problem, rather than being cycled through the judicial/prison system, often repeatedly. Also the street crime related to drugs and drug addiction would be gone. Not to mention the "black ops" budget of the BCE.

3) Commit the United States military to defending ONLY the United States. Only exception being in the case of another Hitler. And a real one. Not a pale imitation like Saddam Hussein, confined to one third of his own country with no weapons.

4) Real health care reform. Regardless of what Kitty Killer Frist and the pharma-nazis think about it. (and no, I don't have a plan yet)

5) Abolish all voting machines which do not produce a verifiable paper ballot at the moment the ballot is cast.

6) National Civil Unions Law, allowing all committed couples regardless of sexual orientation equal rights in terms of survivorship, property, insurance, child custody,etc. Marriage ceremonies would be left up to religious organizations to determine their own course of action.

I think that's a pretty good first term. I'll get back to you on the second 4 years.

Flash Bastard
12-08-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by FORD
2) Legalize drugs. ALL of them. Regulate marijuana just as alcohol is, and make the hard shit available by prescription only. This way, drug addicts can be treated for a medical problem, rather than being cycled through the judicial/prison system, often repeatedly. Also the street crime related to drugs and drug addiction would be gone. Not to mention the "black ops" budget of the BCE.

We could allow the sale of pot to persons 18 and older and the quality would be much better, the prices lower and still tax the fuck out of it.

Not that I like taxes, but if you must tax cigarettes then it follows that the doobage should be taxed as well. Still a great bargain compared to the way it is today.

FORD
12-08-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
We could allow the sale of pot to persons 18 and older and the quality would be much better, the prices lower and still tax the fuck out of it.

Not that I like taxes, but if you must tax cigarettes then it follows that the doobage should be taxed as well. Still a great bargain compared to the way it is today.

Even better than that, we could tax the weed, phase tobacco out of existence entirely and not lose any money in tax revenue. The tobacco companies have divested themselves into other industries already, and the farmers could grow dope and/or industrial hemp - which has a number of uses from pulp & paper fiber (saving trees) to textiles (more durable than cotton) to a protein source (seeds) better than soybeans. Not to mention the potential of hemp based oil replacing petroleums.

Alternative energy development would be another long term initiative of the FORD administration.

JCOOK
12-08-2004, 03:04 AM
Yep FORD you and I are pretty close on this one!

Nickdfresh
12-08-2004, 06:52 AM
...industrial hemp - which has a number of uses from pulp & paper fiber (saving trees) to textiles (more durable than cotton) to a protein source (seeds) better than soybeans. Not to mention the potential of hemp based oil replacing petroleums.

Alternative energy development would be another long term initiative of the FORD administration.

I don't think the general population realizes the negative economic impact of the "war on pot" based on the lost potential of the industrial uses of hemp alone.

ODShowtime
12-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Even better than that, we could tax the weed, phase tobacco out of existence entirely and not lose any money in tax revenue. The tobacco companies have divested themselves into other industries already, and the farmers could grow dope and/or industrial hemp - which has a number of uses from pulp & paper fiber (saving trees) to textiles (more durable than cotton) to a protein source (seeds) better than soybeans. Not to mention the potential of hemp based oil replacing petroleums.

Ford, all the suggestions you have above are GREAT, but they are all opposed by the richest and most powerful people in the country. I think you should devote your energy to a time machine or perpetual motion or finding a non-crazy female to wed or some other more realistic cause.

One of the main reasons pot is still fucking illegal and probably always will be is the gov't credibility. Since the 30s these fuck-faces have been spreading lies about pot. They first got it banned by equating it to crazy blacks, the same way they got opium outlawed by associating it with Chinese immigrants.

Since then they have been lying through their teeth about it. Nixon commissioned a study on it in the 70s that proved it was virtually harmless, so Nixon (who created the DEA I believe) just supressed the study. Then Carter tried to pass a bill to stop the madness, but the god damn Iranians and the economy kept it from being passed.

Then Nancy fuckin' Reagan comes in in the 80s and all these bullshit TV commercials get on the air (and I bet anything the fucking advertising execs lobbied for this). Oh yeah, smoking pot is like getting a lobotomy. I guess all her mindless supporters toke up hard.

THEN, the DEA and local cops start to be able to keep all the booty from drug raids. All the cash, and anything else used in the drug crime. Yachts and cars that transport the drugs get auctioned, houses are sold off. If you grow pot and get caught, they steal your land, house and everything in it and sell it. Now those society-leeching jackbooted pieces of fucking human feces are NEVER going to give up their money. It will never stop now.

and finally, the esoteric reason:

For the government to legalize it now would prove that the government iscompletely full of shit!! It would clearly show that they lie. Then smart people would think "hmm, what else have they lied to me about?"

BULLSHIT

BigBadBrian
12-08-2004, 04:39 PM
and inspect the fucking sea-ports and secure the southern border, you stupid ignorant asses"

:(

FORD, you obviously fell out of your fucking tree on this one. You make it sound like an easy fix like that moron Kerry. Now then...

I live ten miles down the road from the second largest container sea port on the Atlantic Coast and you could print money night and day and just throw it at that port and you still wouldn't have enough to solve the security problems containers pose.

Who is going to inspect all those fucking containers coming in from India, China, Pakistan, and Timbuktu? There are hundreds of THOUSANDS....maybe MILLIONS of them every year.

People just don't realize how big the problem is.

I will agree with you, however, that the job should be done. The cost, however, will be utterly fucking STAGGERING.

People whine and bitch about the security in this country and they do one of two things:

1. Bitch about the cost
2. Bitch about the inconvenience

Wah fucking Wah

b1c2
12-08-2004, 05:07 PM
If b1c2 were president, she wouldn't legalize pot and tax the shit out of it, she would just decriminalize it so the masses could still afford it AND still be able to make their mortgage payment.

And shore up our borders? PUHleeze! Its been awhile since you've been to my neck of the woods hasn't it? I would personally be your campaign manager if you could figure out a way to do that. I am so sick and fucking tired of the issues associated w/illegal immigration. But, then on the other hand, I don't want to pay someone $11/hour to dryclean my clothes either so what do we do? It sucks. I hate it here.

Big Train
12-09-2004, 04:02 AM
As far as homeland security:

#1. Our northern border is EVERY BIT as porous as our southern border, let's not kid ourselves. It is just as unguarded.

#2. The solution to immigration isn't fences or armed patrols. The solution is to pressure Mexico to get it's house in order domestically and to help it gain steam in it's own economy. The problem with the southern border is the flow of Mexicans coming here to make money to send back. Easing up the pressure on those people to begin with will ease the pressure on the border agents. Apparently nobody has the stomach for this REAL fix.

#4. Set up an expanded system to help those people who still want to immigrate. Expand the lottery and have them train before coming here, which does two things

a. Prepares them to work at a higher level (ex. ESL training), which allows them not only to work for more money, but to be taxed at a higher rate (from the increased salary) which increases the tax base for all.

b. Simplifies the process of transition and creates a little more order (i.e. penalties for being caught as an immigrant instead of waiting).

#5. Container ship and airlines inspection. Fund this and do as much as possible.

#6. Make this process unapproachable by citizen groups seeking to slow or stop any of them. This needs to be done for the security of all.

FORD
12-09-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by b1c2
If b1c2 were president, she wouldn't legalize pot and tax the shit out of it, she would just decriminalize it so the masses could still afford it AND still be able to make their mortgage payment.

http://tech-geeks.org/tiny.php?url=1987
Stoned you will be.......a baked Jedi indeed

Even if taxed at the rate that tobacco or alcohol is now, legal pot would be cheaper than the illegal version. And think of the quality.... More BC Bud, less Mexican brown dirt weed.

And shore up our borders? PUHleeze! Its been awhile since you've been to my neck of the woods hasn't it?

May 2003 for my grandmother's funeral :( And I did hear a lot then about the massive immigration through the Organ Pipe Natl Monument. Which really sucked, because I didn't have my own wheels and I couldn't get any of my relatives to go near the place - even the ones who live there. Desert was blooming late last spring, so it would have been a Hell of a time to see it .

I would personally be your campaign manager if you could figure out a way to do that. I am so sick and fucking tired of the issues associated w/illegal immigration. But, then on the other hand, I don't want to pay someone $11/hour to dryclean my clothes either so what do we do? It sucks. I hate it here.

If we end up with a Bush wannabe piece of crap as governor here, I might just move down there and help Janet solve the problem. Maybe I can even talk McCain into finding his balls, which he seems to have lost over the last 4 years.

FORD
12-09-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
As far as homeland security:

#1. Our northern border is EVERY BIT as porous as our southern border, let's not kid ourselves. It is just as unguarded.

That is a true statement. However, it's also true that Canadians aren't flooding over the borders here daily. It's also true that a couple of would be terrorists DID try to come in to this country from Canada, but were stopped at the border, one of them in this state.

The reason I didn't include the Northern border is because I don't believe it would be as risky IF Canada properly secured their borders. And it's far more likely that the Canadian government will do so than the Mexican government. Just the fact that we DO have such an immigration problem from the southern border is proof that Vincente Fox and the government in Mexico City really doesn't have much control over their northern border. Probably not their southern border either

#2. The solution to immigration isn't fences or armed patrols. The solution is to pressure Mexico to get it's house in order domestically and to help it gain steam in it's own economy. The problem with the southern border is the flow of Mexicans coming here to make money to send back. Easing up the pressure on those people to begin with will ease the pressure on the border agents. Apparently nobody has the stomach for this REAL fix.

True enough. And obviously, corporations relocating to Mexico hasn't done any good.

#4. Set up an expanded system to help those people who still want to immigrate. Expand the lottery and have them train before coming here, which does two things

a. Prepares them to work at a higher level (ex. ESL training), which allows them not only to work for more money, but to be taxed at a higher rate (from the increased salary) which increases the tax base for all.

b. Simplifies the process of transition and creates a little more order (i.e. penalties for being caught as an immigrant instead of waiting).

Interesting plan. The FORD administration could always use a good ambassador to Mexico. You want the job?

#5. Container ship and airlines inspection. Fund this and do as much as possible.

By that, do you mean the freight airlines? We're probably harrassing passenger airlines enough.

#6. Make this process unapproachable by citizen groups seeking to slow or stop any of them. This needs to be done for the security of all.

Hopefully citizen groups will not find a reason to oppose the FORD administration's process, since (unlike some fraudministrations) my plan won't be deliberately tailored to the advantage of selected corporations.

b1c2
12-09-2004, 11:37 AM
"Even if taxed at the rate that tobacco or alcohol is now, legal pot would be cheaper than the illegal version. And think of the quality.... More BC Bud, less Mexican brown dirt weed. "

Last time I was up by you, friends were paying more for a 1/4 oz than we do for a 1/2 lb and it sure the hell wasn't any better. The illegals here bring more than just cheap dry-cleaning and it isn't all dirt weed.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I just lost my father too.

FORD
12-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by b1c2

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I just lost my father too.

I'm sorry, Angel :(