PDA

View Full Version : Shooting At Damageplan Show! Dimebag Possibly Dead!

Knucklebones
12-08-2004, 11:40 PM
There has been a shooting at a Damageplan show and 2 band members are said to be confirmed dead, along with 1 audience member.

Knucklebones
12-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Dimebag is said to havebeen shot in the head twice and dead.:(

WARF
12-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Dimebag is dead! There is also one other member dead.

WOW!

I'm at a total loss for words.

Knucklebones
12-08-2004, 11:49 PM
The other member is now confirmed to be vinnie

Matt White
12-08-2004, 11:53 PM
WTF?!?!?!?! Where you gettin' this info?!?!

WARF
12-08-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
WTF?!?!?!?! Where you gettin' this info?!?!

I just saw this on the news!!!

Dimebag is dead... and I just heard Vinnie was murdered as well!!

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html

Matt White
12-08-2004, 11:59 PM
SONOFABITCH!!!!!

Knucklebones
12-09-2004, 12:00 AM
You can get the info straight from the fans here.

http://discussions.elektra.com/wm-damageplan/messages/?msg=6181.1

Although I never liked his style much, i'm gonna go learn one of his songs and probably play it as a tribute on Open Mike night. :(

rustoffa
12-09-2004, 12:04 AM
Unfuckingbelievable.

MAX
12-09-2004, 12:18 AM
What the fuck?

Is this Dimebag from Pantera? What is up?

Knucklebones
12-09-2004, 12:22 AM
yes that Dimebag:(

Rikk
12-09-2004, 12:29 AM
Jesus Christ.

I guess December 8 is the standard day to murder famous musicians??

This is disgusting!!:(

Matt White
12-09-2004, 12:33 AM
:mad: THAT'S THE MOST FUCKED UP THING I'VE EVER HEARD OF.:mad:

MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!

MAX
12-09-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
Jesus Christ.

I guess December 8 is the standard day to murder famous musicians??

This is disgusting!!:(

Holy Crap!!!!

I didn't even think about what happened 24 years ago!!!!!

Horrible!!!!

WACF
12-09-2004, 12:35 AM
Fuck....That is horrible.

I was hoping it was a bad joke when I read the post.

danielc
12-09-2004, 01:35 AM
That's very sad news. Next to Van Halen, Pantera is my favorite band. I can't believe this.

Brett
12-09-2004, 01:42 AM
Very sad, RIP Dime.

DLR'sCock
12-09-2004, 01:48 AM
holy fuck??!?!?!?!?!??

This is horrible!!!!!! Luckily I saw them over thesummer, but wtf, they were just herein nJ on Sat night....

RIP

:(

DLR'sCock
12-09-2004, 01:49 AM
December 8, 2004

COLUMBUS, Ohio – A man walked onstage in a crowded nightclub during a rock concert Wednesday night and opened fire, killing at least four people and wounding at least two others before he was shot to death by police, authorities said.

The man began shooting during the show at the Alrosa Villa and opened fire on members of the heavy metal band Damageplan just after they had begun playing, a witness said.

The witness said the gunman initially sought out the band's guitarist, who went by the name "Dimebag Darrel." According to the band's Web site, the guitarist is a former member of the heavy metal band Pantera.

Columbus police spokesman Sgt. Brent Mull said a police officer shot and killed the gunman. It wasn't immediately clear whether the officer was already at the show or had responded to an emergency call. Authorities didn't immediately provide the identities of the victims.

The witness, 22-year-old Chris Couch, said the shooting occurred about 30 seconds after Damageplan, had begun playing. Couch, who was standing about 30 feet away from the stage, noticed a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt and hockey jersey walk up to the stage, followed by a bouncer and another club employee.

The man in the jersey climbed onto the stage, started yelling and shot the guitarist five or six times at close range, Couch said. Couch said the gunman also shot a bouncer who pulled him off the musician.

At that point, Couch and a friend headed for the exit along with a tide of hundreds of fans.

"It was definitely a grudge. It was against something," Couch said.

Amanda Stankus, 19, who attended the show with Couch, said she initially thought the shooting was part of the show.

"I just saw the guitarist fall down, and we decided to get out of there," said Stankus.

{ATTR:2}AP-WS-12-09-04 0052EST

DLR'sCock
12-09-2004, 01:54 AM
December 9, 2004 | Get Your Local News and Weather

ABC News
Five Dead Include Gunman in Ohio ShootingFive Killed, Two Injured in Ohio Nightclub After Gunman Opens Fire During Heavy Metal Concert
The Associated Press

COLUMBUS, Ohio Dec 9, 2004 — A man walked onstage in a crowded nightclub during a rock concert Wednesday night and opened fire, killing at least four people and wounding at least two others before he was shot to death by police, authorities said.

Members of the heavy metal band Damageplan had just begun their first song at the Alrosa Villa when the man opened fire on the band, initially shooting the guitarist, who went by the name "Dimebag Darrell," a witness said. According to the band's Web site, the guitarist and another member, drummer Vinnie Paul, are formerly of the heavy metal band Pantera.

The witness, 22-year-old Chris Couch, said he was standing about 30 feet away from the stage when he noticed a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt and hockey jersey walk up to the stage, followed by a bouncer and another club employee.

The man in the jersey climbed onto the stage, started yelling and shot the guitarist five or six times at close range, Couch said. Couch said the gunman also shot a bouncer who pulled him off the musician.

After the shooting began, Couch and a friend headed for the exit along with a tide of hundreds of fans.

"It was definitely a grudge. It was against something," Couch said.

Amanda Stankus, 19, who attended the show with Couch, said she initially thought the shooting was part of the show. "I just saw the guitarist fall down, and we decided to get out of there," she said.

Other members of Damageplan include vocalist Patrick Lachman and bass player Bob Zilla, according to the band's Web site.

Copyright 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Print This StoryPrint This Story E-mail This ArticleEmail This Article

Fabulous Shadow
12-09-2004, 02:35 AM
This is unreal...

manwiththedogs
12-09-2004, 03:31 AM
Rest in Peace Darrell and Vinnie.
Great musicians both. Vinnie was hands down the best double bass drummer that ever lived, and Darrell practically reinvented heavy metal guitar. A very sad farewell to two of the nicest, most down to earth "Rockstars" ever. You will be missed.

At least the cocksuker that did the shooting is dead as well...small comfort...but I`ll take it.

bueno bob
12-09-2004, 03:32 AM
Vinnie's not confirmed as of yet.

Snake
12-09-2004, 03:51 AM
in honor of dimebag, i shall sing his favorite song when he would hijack the shows here in arlington:

double jack, double jack!
double jack, it's on your back!

he hated jack. but loved seagrams

im gonna take a shot of seagrams for him

Tom Foolery
12-09-2004, 04:20 AM
one of my favorite quotes came from pantera

"Shes got a big mouth, but shes not kidding, im going to whip you silly, and fuck you stupid"

Sad day, great band, and from what i hear even better people

Snake
12-09-2004, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Tom Foolery
and from what i hear even better people

don't forget that part.

great people

Panamark
12-09-2004, 04:45 AM
I cant believe it ?! How fucked up is the world when musicians performing get shot in cold blood.......

This sucks.

ELVIS
12-09-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
holy fuck??!?!?!?!?!??

This is horrible!!!!!! Luckily I saw them over thesummer

Dude, that sounds so selfish...

Would you be more upset have you not seen them over the summer ??

BTW, good luck explaining "holy fuck" when you meet your maker...

:elvis:

ashstralia
12-09-2004, 07:29 AM
my heartfelt condolences to
the Abbott family.

r.i.p.

DLR'sCock
12-09-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS

And as always in true fashion you take thigns the wrong fucking way. Keep your misinterrpretations to yourself. You have no clue as to howI feelabout this, or whatI sait to my friends, or what I postedat other fan sites.

So for the slow to think, meaning I was glad and honored I was able to witness Dime's latest band live on stage, and be able to witness his talents one last time, knowing that this was a man that lived his life to the fullfest and pressed forward, picking himself up and enojying life. I truly respected him as a musician....and am very saddened by his passing, so go fuck yourself you stupid peace of shit.

Hey Elvis, keep on being a fucking moron, ok, you're great at it...

Oh, and if the "holy fuck" offends you, I really don't give a rat's fucking ass...

ELVIS
12-09-2004, 07:47 AM
Hahaha...:D

LoungeMachine
12-09-2004, 07:50 AM

You're a fucking moron.

seriously.

a dolt.

"explain" a word to the "Maker"

DIDNT GOD INVENT THE FUCK?

It's pent up righties like you that are such a joke.

How about Bush "explaining" to HIS maker the killing of thousands of innocent cildren for his own self worth?

And the guy felt "lucky" tp have seen someone he admires BEFORE his tragic murder. What's YOUR problem?

As if YOUR namesake, the bible thumping racist pedophile drug addict didnt have fans "lucky" to see him before dying on the shitter?

Keep your hypocritical judgements in the katydid bible threads dipshit

ELVIS
12-09-2004, 07:57 AM
Tee hee hee...:D

lafours
12-09-2004, 08:56 AM
Very sad....

not that it matters but my band was going going to be opening for Damageplan tonight and I was hoping I was finally going to be able to shake hands with a metal legend...

I am disgusted beyond belief and my condolences go to Darrells family, band ,friends and the other innocent victims that thought they were going to enjoy a night of metal before this terrible tragedy struck

Dr. Love
12-09-2004, 08:58 AM
Can we stay on topic and not get holier-than-thou, please?

lafours
12-09-2004, 09:02 AM
I always felt Dime and Vinnie were the "VH Brothers" of extreme metal....they were both born and raised on CVH and knew every song, lick , etc. It's a known fact that Dime was winning guitar contests with versions of Eruption , etc. at the ripe old age of 15....

so sad.......

ODShowtime
12-09-2004, 09:17 AM
god damn it

well, at least he went out on stage where he belonged. at least, I guess.

LoungeMachine
12-09-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Can we stay on topic and not get holier-than-thou, please?

doubt it.

I come in to read a thread about a terrible event and lo and behold there's Elvis and his "end of Days" rhetoric.

5 people from our industry our shot dead in cold blood by a deranged "FANatic" and Elvis has to thump his bible over "Holy Fuck"

Ive seen some scary shit from onstage over the years, and the fact that this happened on the same day we lost John, just brings it all home. terrible.

Holy Fuck You Elvis

Let's think about the REAL victims

LoungeMachine
12-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by lafours
Very sad....

not that it matters but my band was going going to be opening for Damageplan tonight and I was hoping I was finally going to be able to shake hands with a metal legend...

I am disgusted beyond belief and my condolences go to Darrells family, band ,friends and the other innocent victims that thought they were going to enjoy a night of metal before this terrible tragedy struck

It does matter, my friend.

Your post just goes to show how much this touched you personally, and you were right to share it here.

Any chance of playing the gig as a memorial?

Let us know what happens.

Roth on.

Carmine
12-09-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
It does matter, my friend.

Your post just goes to show how much this touched you personally, and you were right to share it here.

Let us know what happens.

Roth on.

Right on! That would be a cool tribute!

LoungeMachine
12-09-2004, 09:26 AM
Hahaha...:D

The mere fact that this post is in this thread just goes to show what a complete piece of shit you are.

lafours
12-09-2004, 09:28 AM
the show is cancelled... the club owner is really upset ..he ran a Damageplan show there before and became good friends with there monitor man and road manager..... you can refund your ticket or let the money go to the damageplan and crew or the families...pretty classy move on the part of the club owner.

The last Time Damageplan played there Dime was the first guy out of the bus and hung with the fans until about an hour before showtime....signing autrographs , posing for photos and buying shots for his rabid fan base.....

Bad Muthafucker
12-09-2004, 09:38 AM
as some of you know, i frequent the damageplan website...probably as much as i frequent this site. i go there every day, all day. actually, i kinda flip flop back and forth between that site and this one. they're saying that vinnie is still alive, but nobody is saying who the other band member is that was killed. i'm just completely and utterly shattered by this. i know i have a filthy mouth on this website, talking about peoples' mothers and shit, but it's all in good fun. this kind of thing is sickening, and i have fucking tears in my eyes as i type this. i'm lost. dave and eddie better make their piece now, because this is absolute proof of how one minute you're here, the next it could all be over. phil anselmo, the former lead singer of pantera, never got that chance to make his piece with darrell. dave and eddie better make theirs. well, enough of my rambling for now........

John Holmes
12-09-2004, 09:40 AM
It's very sad. He was only 38. God, that's harsh. Think about his family now. I rarely have seen an artist as much loved and respected by his fans as he was. I can barely believe he'd harmed anybody, even at will. He was a big Van Halen fan, one of us.

Drunk Eddie deserved those gun shots, rather. For many reasons. Not least he's a fucking old drunk, a selfish prick who, contrary to Dimebag, doesn't give two shits about his fans and anybody else who's not him. Eddie died in 1984 anyway, just he didn't notice.

Only the best die young. Rest in peace, Darrell.

jacksmar
12-09-2004, 09:47 AM
I didn’t much care for their stuff. The fact that DD was an Ace Frehley fan made me take another look at their stuff. Didn’t like the sound but the guitar was happening. I remember seeing that they had something in a Spongebob episode. This really stinks.

I’m wondering what kind of security will be in place for our next show. The Great White incident and now this.

Lafours, I hope you get to do something with your band. Most of us can relate. Totally.

Stay rock steady. RIP guys.

Cathedral
12-09-2004, 10:03 AM
It makes me really wonder how fine a line we walk being fanatics for a performer. that line apparently gets skewed for some people and they react violently.
I would never wish this kind of tragedy upon anyone, not even EVH.
But i do hope that Ed takes heed to the precedence this sets.
Being shot while playing is NOT what i'd like to think about while on stage, and until now have never feared for my life by doing so.

Look for some serious changes to follow this event for future concerts in small and large venues.

Nathan Gale robbed the world of a Legend and some brothers in arms last night. He got less than what he deserved if you ask me.

ThrillsNSpills
12-09-2004, 10:25 AM
You really have to be a warrior to get out there and play that kind of high energy stuff night after night. Talk about live by the sword, die by the sword. Some people get caught up with the angry kind of aggressive power in a bad way. But shit, for the gunman to be pissed because the singer left Pantera and take it out on these guys is so wrong . So unbelievably tragic.

Matt White
12-09-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Nathan Gale robbed the world of a Legend and some brothers in arms last night. He got less than what he deserved if you ask me.
AMEN.

MY thoughts and prayers go out to Jerry & Vinnie Abbott, the Abbott family, and their loved ones. He will be sorely missed.

Fabulous Shadow
12-09-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by John Holmes
Drunk Eddie deserved those gun shots, rather. For many reasons. Not least he's a fucking old drunk, a selfish prick who, contrary to Dimebag, doesn't give two shits about his fans and anybody else who's not him. Eddie died in 1984 anyway, just he didn't notice.

WTF? What the hell is wrong with you? You may has well be the trigger man with this sort of attitude! What kind of person makes a remark like that? Holy Christ! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Carmine
12-09-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
WTF? What the hell is wrong with you? You may has well be the trigger man with this sort of attitude! What kind of person makes a remark like that? Holy Christ! :confused: :confused: :confused:

agreed! not coo!:confused:

ELVIS
12-09-2004, 11:26 AM
The mere fact that this post is in this thread just goes to show what a complete piece of shit you are.

..and you're an idiot...

Bill Lumbergh
12-09-2004, 11:38 AM
Holy shit! Terrible, terrible news!!!!! I'm sick to my stomach right now...........

LoungeMachine
12-09-2004, 12:12 PM
..and you're an idiot...

Typical defense or your ilk

Please explain why I'm an idiot by pointing out your insensitive, irelevent posts.

And you're still a steaming piece of shit

Bill Lumbergh
12-09-2004, 12:18 PM

Unfuckin' believable........

ELVIS
12-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Typical defense or your ilk

Please explain why I'm an idiot by pointing out your insensitive, irelevent posts.

And you're still a steaming piece of shit

Oh C'mon man...

I don't want to fight with anyone, and calling each other names is stupid...

You're not an idiot, well, not totally, anyway...;)

..and neither of us are insensitive...

I, just like the rest of us, say what I want on these boards, and I am truthful and honest...

Ok..

Back on topic...

Dimebag was an awesome talented guitarist who carried the torch through a time when being technically proficient on an instrument was not particularly popular...

I especially admire him for that, among his clever song writing ability...

May God rest his kind soul...

God bless...

YAWN
12-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Yeah, ya know, I figured it was just a matter of time before one of you sick bastards pulled this out of yer ass. Fuck you. Period.

Only the best die young.
You're the best, dude. Now finish up. Asshole.

Bill Lumbergh
12-09-2004, 12:55 PM
I agree man. I have despised EVH and Al for many many years, but I would NEVER wish death on them no matter what! I remember seeing Pantera open for Sabbath in 99', and Dime was on top of the game.

YAWN
Originally posted by bad_muthafucker
phil anselmo never got that chance to make his peace with darrell. dave and eddie better make theirs.
A-fucking-men (and no, I don't plan on explaining that one to my maker, either).

Has Phil said anything about this yet?

Brett

Oh STFU bonehead.

Brett
12-09-2004, 12:56 PM
One of the most unbelievable stories I've ever heard. Just tragic.

Bill Lumbergh
12-09-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Brett
One of the most unbelievable stories I've ever heard. Just tragic.

Agreed. There are some sick fucks out there.........if he really killed him because Pantera broke up, that makes it even more senseless.

Bill Lumbergh
12-09-2004, 01:01 PM

Brett
12-09-2004, 01:01 PM
Makes it scary to go up and play in stupid small clubs like that. They never check anyone going in to those places.

ELVIS
12-09-2004, 01:12 PM
http://www.rockconcertfotos.com/damageplan1004/bigimages/ChicagoDime2716.jpg

ELVIS
12-09-2004, 01:17 PM
http://www.rockconcertfotos.com/damageplan1004/bigimages/ChicagoDime2759.jpg

John Holmes
12-09-2004, 01:32 PM

Nothing. Had I to choose between Darrell and Eddie, I'd prefer to see Eddie dead.

Because he's a drunk little piece of shit on a human level. Darrell was not. Anybody who met him can tell you this. I did and I can tell you.

Even Dave Roth said Eddie, without his guitar, is shit.

John Holmes
12-09-2004, 01:36 PM
Oh STFU bonehead.

Blow me, sheep. It's sad you and other tards don't get noir irony.

Figs
12-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Horrible news

Bill Lumbergh
12-09-2004, 02:07 PM
How long until they start blaming metal and hard rock music in general for this shooting?! :rolleyes:

Carmine
12-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
How long until they start blaming metal and hard rock music in general for this shooting?! :rolleyes:

Really Bill, I hear ya. The return of Tipper Gore....

ELVIS
12-09-2004, 02:11 PM
Nah...

Bill Lumbergh
12-09-2004, 02:11 PM
My buddy called me and told me they keep calling him Dimebag Abbott on the news.........

YAWN
12-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
Really Bill, I hear ya. The return of Tipper Gore....

Yup. I can hear 'em now: "Those devil worshippers! This is why we need more Bibles in schools!"

Bill Lumbergh
12-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Nah...

My buddy also just said that on Fox news they are gonna explore that subject..........

Carmine
12-09-2004, 02:15 PM
the whole damn thing is just sad! Thoughts and prayers to the families!

Friggin whackjob!

ELVIS
12-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
My buddy also just said that on Fox news they are gonna explore that subject..........

Good, let 'em...

Not gonna happen...

BigBadBrian
12-09-2004, 02:32 PM

Good. Feel better now? I think you're a piece of shit also. I feel better now. :gulp:

WOAHYEAH
12-09-2004, 02:41 PM
God, some "fans" are complete morons. Complete and utter morons. I seriously hope there arent any "fans" like that on this site. I know we're pretty hostile towards Van Hagar, but everything has its limits. No, I'm not bashing this site or its users, just praying for the future :(

Fabulous Shadow
12-09-2004, 03:13 PM
Nothing. Had I to choose between Darrell and Eddie, I'd prefer to see Eddie dead.

Because he's a drunk little piece of shit on a human level. Darrell was not. Anybody who met him can tell you this. I did and I can tell you.

He didn't say he wished Eddie was dead... Any human life lost, especially in this manner, is a tragedy... To wish it upon someone makes you as deranged as the guy that pulled the trigger last night. :mad:

Fabulous Shadow
12-09-2004, 03:16 PM
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police said Thursday they have found no apparent motive for a shooting rampage at an Ohio nightclub that left five people dead, including the gunman and top heavy metal guitarist “Dimebag” Darrell Abbott.

The gunman had a hostage in a headlock and appeared to be preparing to kill him when an officer responding to reports of a shooting at the nightclub opened fire and killed the gunman, police spokesman Sgt. Brent Mull said. The hostage escaped uninjured, Mull said.

Two other people were hospitalized. Police said one was in intensive care and the other stable.

Police identified the gunman as Nathan Gale, 25, of Marysville, 25 miles northwest of Columbus. Police said they had no information on a motive or any connection to Abbott or his band, the Texas-based group Damageplan.

Damageplan had just begun its first song at Alrosa Villa club Wednesday night when the gunman climbed onstage, started yelling and shot Abbott five or six times at point-blank range, witness Chris Couch said.

Mull said the gunman’s exact statement was unclear because of the loud music. He said some witnesses reported hearing an accusation about Abbott breaking up his former band, thrash-rock pioneer Pantera, but it could not be confirmed whether the speaker was the gunman or a fan.

Couch, 22, said the man was wearing a hooded sweat shirt and was followed by a bouncer and another club employee.

Couch said that after firing on the guitarist, the gunman shot a bouncer who had pulled him off the musician, while fans surged toward the exit. The gunman then fired into the crowd of more than 250 people, Mull said.

Mull said Officer James D. Niggemeyer, patrolling nearby, arrived within two minutes of hearing the call. Niggemeyer, 31, saw one person lying dead and the suspect holding onto another “pretty much in a headlock,” Mull said.

He said the hostage, “probably a fan, maybe someone who worked with the band,” was able to maneuver out of the way before the officer fired.

Mull praised Niggemeyer’s response.

“If the officer wasn’t as close as he was, I think this would have been a lot worse,” he said. “It was a chaotic scene, just a horrific scene.”

Besides Abbott and Gale, police said the dead included Nathan Bray, 23, and Erin Halk, 29. Police said the name of the fifth person killed was being withheld pending notification of family.

Couch said he believed the shooter had a plan. “It was definitely a grudge. It was against something,” he said.

‘We may never know a motive’
Mull said he believed there was amateur video that officers could view for clues but that police had no answers yet. “We may never know a motive for this, unless he left a note,” Mull said.

Gale has a minor police record in Marysville, said Police Chief Floyd Golden. He was pulled over for driving with a suspended license last month.

Thursday morning, a dozen yellow roses, still in plastic wrap, lay near the entry to the low-slung beige building that since 1974 has hosted mostly heavy metal acts. The 641-person-capacity club, just off a freeway exit on the city’s north side, sits amid motels, small businesses and office complexes.

Dozens of messages were posted to the band’s Web site after the shootings.

‘The worst day in metal history’
“This is the worst day in metal history,” one posting read.

“The metal world feels your pain,” another wrote.

Damageplan’s debut album, “New Found Power,” which was released in February by Elektra, was produced by Abbott and his brother, drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott. Other band members are vocalist Patrick Lachman and bassist Bob Zilla.

Earlier, the brothers had been members of the Grammy-nominated Pantera, whose popularity soared in the early 1990s with a fast, aggressive sound.

“Damageplan carries on the tradition Pantera started, the ... hell-raising tradition we were all about,” Vinnie Paul Abbott told The Dallas Morning News in October.

“It took awhile for some of the Pantera fans to accept it; we knew that was gonna be the case,” he said. “Change is something that people have a hard time accepting. But me and Dime intended on doing this our whole lives.”

The shootings came exactly 24 years after John Lennon was shot to death outside his New York apartment building by a deranged fan.

LoungeMachine
12-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Good. Feel better now? I think you're a piece of shit also. I feel better now. :gulp:

Great. Common ground from which to work. We all think each other is shit. Meanwhile fellow musicians were gunned down doing what we love.

So how about enough with the bible thumping and the laughing and remember what this thread was about.

Carmine
12-09-2004, 03:20 PM
thanks for the read Fab, tragic!~

DLR'sCock
12-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by lafours
I always felt Dime and Vinnie were the "VH Brothers" of extreme metal....they were both born and raised on CVH and knew every song, lick , etc. It's a known fact that Dime was winning guitar contests with versions of Eruption , etc. at the ripe old age of 15....

so sad.......

I always felt that too, except that Dime and Vinnie are about a 1000 times cooler than Ed and Al....

Dammit!!!! Fucking Dime was such a kool fucking person, always had good things to say about people and other musicians, what a tragedy and waste of such a talented life. Dime was very Rock n Roll without being arrogant AT ALL, I am at a loss for words........

Fuck I am pissed now....

Cathedral
12-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Damn, i know some mods that need lessons in where shit belongs.

Thanks for burying these threads in a forum the common folk will never find...good job!

Say it with me..."Non VH Related"
Unless of course these threads are going to turn into discussions about their songs. which i highly doubt...

bueno bob
12-09-2004, 04:47 PM
"Cemetary Gates"

Discuss.

bueno bob
12-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Makes it scary to go up and play in stupid small clubs like that. They never check anyone going in to those places.

We've got a few small clubs out here, we always get checked at all of 'em...I'd imagine a lot more places probably WILL start checking, in the wake of this.

Brett
12-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Shit not in LA. Only smaller club I can remember checking us when we played there was the Troubador.

bueno bob
12-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Well, I'd hope that some of these club owners would start thinking it might be a good idea after this story...if that ends up being the case, well, maybe there's yet some good that could come of this...

sambo
12-09-2004, 05:11 PM
RIP, what a shock.... and a fckn tragedy..

BITEYOASS
12-09-2004, 05:24 PM
He didn't say he wished Eddie was dead... Any human life lost, especially in this manner, is a tragedy... To wish it upon someone makes you as deranged as the guy that pulled the trigger last night. :mad:

It would be better to let eddie live and suffer knowing for a fact that Dave is Van Halen. To give Ed death would only get rid of his suffering. So I say keep him in his alcohol induced eternal hell called Earth. R.I.P. Dimebag Darrel!!! "Take someone who deserves it like Michael Bolton! or that chick who wrote the 'Facts of Life' theme song!"- Al Bundy

BigBadBrian
12-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Great. Common ground from which to work. We all think each other is shit. Meanwhile fellow musicians were gunned down doing what we love.

So how about enough with the bible thumping and the laughing and remember what this thread was about.

OK dude, I was just messin' with you. I guess you didn't take it that way. ;)

On second thought, probably not the best moment in time or the best thread for me to do that. :o

LoungeMachine
12-09-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
OK dude, I was just messin' with you. I guess you didn't take it that way. ;)

On second thought, probably not the best moment in time or the best thread for me to do that. :o

B3,

You're cool. I know. I did.

I think this whole thing has just hit a little too close to the bone for those of us in the "biz"

I also happen to think we may see more of this crap in the future.

Makes you wish for the good old days of shoe tossing and firecrackers onstage.

There's more nuts out there than we realize.

Brett
12-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
It would be better to let eddie live and suffer knowing for a fact that Dave is Van Halen. To give Ed death would only get rid of his suffering. So I say keep him in his alcohol induced eternal hell called Earth. R.I.P. Dimebag Darrel!!! "Take someone who deserves it like Michael Bolton! or that chick who wrote the 'Facts of Life' theme song!"- Al Bundy

What a fucking dopey-ass post. Man some of you are sad mothefuckers.

Fairwrning
12-09-2004, 05:58 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2004/US/12/09/nightclub.shooting/story.gale.license.ap.jpg

Nathan Gale....1 sick fuck....seriously..WTF...24 yrs to the day Lennon was shot...the world is an amazing place..perhaps i shouldn't give this bastard the publicity..

Brett
12-09-2004, 06:03 PM
Yeah that pic is going around. Fucking wacko.

Fairwrning
12-09-2004, 06:12 PM
small video reports here..http://cf.nbc4i.com/col/sh/videoplayer/video.cfm?id=3984083&owner=col

Roth-Halen
12-09-2004, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fairwrning
[B]http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2004/US/12/09/nightclub.shooting/story.gale.license.ap.jpg

...the world is an amazing place..

No shit!

turboblues
12-09-2004, 07:06 PM
Dime carried the metal torch all through the "grunge" years, that alone should earn respect!
THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT MUSIC!

sambo
12-09-2004, 07:37 PM

VanJay011379
12-09-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by turboblues
Dime carried the metal torch all through the "grunge" years, that alone should earn respect!
THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT MUSIC!

Amen to that. I'll never forget going to my local record store and seeing "The Great Southern Trendkill" on the shelves with other shitty bands. It stood out so well. It was strange to see anything of that caliber on the featured shelf.

MAX
12-09-2004, 07:44 PM
What a fucking bummer. Although I've never heard Pantera, I have a few interviews with Dimebag in various guitar mags. He was a major fan of Dave. Seemed like a really down to Earth guy. What a terrible loss. :(

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

PHOENIX
12-09-2004, 09:00 PM
I cant believe someone would just have the balls to go up on stage and kill someone.

BITEYOASS
12-09-2004, 09:07 PM
What a fucking dopey-ass post. Man some of you are sad mothefuckers.

Did Sam & Ed make your ass loose enough Brett? Because we're all wondering how far your head will reach up in there? :D

WOAHYEAH
12-09-2004, 09:16 PM
Death aint cool. Ever. I don't understand how some people want to see Edward Van Halen drop dead, or take someones place. Shit, I wonder what these guys who say that with a serious tone in their voice would do with a gun if they ever saw Ed. Regardless how much you hate the man, if its enough to make you wish death upon people, you're not a fan, but a lunatic. Again, I'm not going after the guys who'll joke around about it, but you just know that if EVH was to die, or hell even Hagar, there would be people cheering from their computer chairs. Just sad.

MAX
12-09-2004, 09:17 PM
Did Sam & Ed make your ass loose enough Brett? Because we're all wondering how far your head will reach up in there? :D

Come on man!!!

This thread is no place for this shit.

scottydabodi
12-09-2004, 10:11 PM
Man, I heard the guy shot Dime because Pantera broke up... I mean how pissed can you be that PANTERA broke up?? That dude that shot Dime was a fucking DOUCHEBAG of the highest power... I don't like Dime that much, but the dude could fucking play, and didn't deserve to be fucking shot(although I woulda liked to kick him in the nuts)... Dime worked hard to be a good player, and tried his damndest to spread the word of metal all over the world... damn shame...

MAX
12-09-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by WOAHYEAH
Death aint cool. Ever. I don't understand how some people want to see Edward Van Halen drop dead, or take someones place. Shit, I wonder what these guys who say that with a serious tone in their voice would do with a gun if they ever saw Ed. Regardless how much you hate the man, if its enough to make you wish death upon people, you're not a fan, but a lunatic. Again, I'm not going after the guys who'll joke around about it, but you just know that if EVH was to die, or hell even Hagar, there would be people cheering from their computer chairs. Just sad.

Yep.

That says it all.

Great post.

wadzilla74
12-09-2004, 11:03 PM
drunk on black tooths missing you!!!!!!!!!!!!!WADZILLIA74

lafours
12-09-2004, 11:16 PM

actually...we are gonna "blow it up" in Dime like fashion....the club damage plan was supposed to play at tonight ( along with my band) held a vigil in the parking lot and in january a huge dimebag memorial benefit concert is gonna happen....blacktooths, metal, raffles, ..the works...hopefully a dimebag guitar is gonna be auctioned , video screens playing pantera home videos , lots of promo posters. will all be raffled for charity...

local bands are gonna play sets and "Dime covers" to pay our respect to a legend....it is gonna be awesome...

even cooler....most ticket holders for tonights show are keeping there tickets and the club owner is using the money made for charity !!!!

RIP DImebag.....we'll miss you brother!!!

I better brush up my chops...playing Dimes shit is no easy task!!!

Diamondjimi
12-10-2004, 12:16 AM

What a tool !
Give your head a shake Mr. Wadd !!!!!!!!

Fabulous Shadow
12-10-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by WOAHYEAH

I agree with you. Foe anyone to even imply that it would be better if it were ED is just as FKD UP and the guy who actually went htrough with it.

Matt White
12-10-2004, 06:35 AM
:( Back on SUBJECT:
DIME rocked. A true giant of metal guitar who kept the spirit alive. He will be missed.

VanRoth
12-10-2004, 08:57 AM

I'd rather see you down instead of Eddie!

Nobody deserves to be killed like that, unless you are sick fuck!

Bad Muthafucker
12-10-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by YAWN
A-fucking-men (and no, I don't plan on explaining that one to my maker, either).

Has Phil said anything about this yet?

as far as i know, phil has not said anything yet. i will post it on here as soon as i find anything.

it's like i said, dave and ed better make their piece before something happens to one of them. you can be here today, gone tomorrow. phil has to live the rest of his life knowing that the last time he and darrell spoke, it was on bad terms. dave and ed had better take a cue from this and give each other a phone call.

Brett
12-10-2004, 01:25 PM

Ok stupid.

BITEYOASS
12-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Come on man!!!

This thread is no place for this shit.

Sorry, I'll challenge Brett in the Dump than.

Brett
12-10-2004, 08:07 PM
Don't waste your time dummy.

PHOENIX
12-10-2004, 10:31 PM
I'm gonna close this. It has veered off course.

It was supposed to be about Dimebag.