PDA

View Full Version : Back To Hell

DaveIsKing
12-09-2004, 08:48 PM
I am writing a new song for my band and I got an idea...I can't share it, because one of you fuckers may steal it for your own goddamn band, but I will tell you this:

Listen, rock music has hit the skids, my brothers. My band has experimented with as many styles as Led Zeppelin (if that's possible), but I think the formula is simple. Think about it!

We've got to bring the Devil back, man. That's right. We need more Satan and evil shit back in rock, but not on a King Diamond level. No, more subtle shit here and there (Zeppelin) and few blatant stokes (Highway To Hell, Runnin' With The Devil, etc..)

All the good bands didn't give TOO much Satan, but just enough to keep the mystique. People aren't impressed by excessive evilness, but intrigued by the bands who do mainstream rock (XTC or INXS for example) when they release a little Luciferian tune....(like Dear God or Devil Inside).

Yes, BRING BACK THE DEVIL and LET'S ROCK THE WORLD'S FACES OFF!!!!!

lms2
12-09-2004, 08:50 PM
So you are satanically inspired?

DaveIsKing
12-09-2004, 08:51 PM
Well, actually I am a Nietzschean atheist who admires LaVeyan principles, but I am not a Satanist. I don't believe in the supernatural. But as a concept, the Devil has to be recognized as an album seller! :D

DaveIsKing
12-09-2004, 11:12 PM
ROCK WILL TURN BACK! TURN BACK! TURN BACK!

Northern Girl
12-09-2004, 11:18 PM
You'd have a better chance if you didn't sound like you know who. :D I won't say it in public.

Big Troubles
12-09-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsKing
Well, actually I am a Nietzschean atheist who admires LaVeyan principles, but I am not a Satanist. I don't believe in the supernatural. But as a concept, the Devil has to be recognized as an album seller! :D

You supply the volcano and I'll bring them virgins. ;)

But in all seriousness, you seriously want to introduce Satan as the focal point of rock n roll?

rustoffa
12-09-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
You supply the volcano and I'll bring them virgins. ;)

But in all seriousness, you seriously want to introduce Satan as the focal point of rock n roll?

:D

It's a proven marketable plan of action.

Stay away from the Burzum tribute mantra though.

Fuck, where's my old avatar?
;)

Big Troubles
12-09-2004, 11:37 PM
LOL Im just saying that God's gonna be pissed is all....

Big Troubles
12-09-2004, 11:37 PM
:D Just kidding....

Roth-Halen
12-09-2004, 11:51 PM
Whats up guys?

rustoffa
12-10-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Roth-Halen
Whats up guys?

What's up Al?
Good to see ya man!

DaveIsKing
12-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Sex always sells. But there's no mystique...

With A little Devil sauce here and there...well...just look at Zeppelin or Black Sabbath (a little more blatant)...

I ain't talkin' "Venom" or "King Diamond" shit, that's waaaayyyy to much.

Just a little spice on the main course. ;)

Big Troubles
12-10-2004, 04:05 PM
I always disliked the devil shtick...Like Alice Cooper and W.A.S.P and Black Sabbath. Music aside of course.

DaveIsKing
12-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Well, I think we don't need too much myself, just a little "mystery"...

You know the old "Did they really sell their souls?" deal....

I was always intrigued by it, and AC/DC biggest albums were occult-based, after that they weren't as interesting.

Bill Lumbergh
12-10-2004, 05:26 PM
The whole "black magic" thing has always been something I dug immensely. Sex is the cornerstone subject in Rock music, but there is nothing wrong with the whole Jimmy Page-Sabbath thing.

DaveIsKing
12-10-2004, 07:53 PM
Combine the two-- KEEP THE SEX, LOOSE THE "GANGSTA SHIT" AND BRING BACK SATAN.

Whadda formula...whoa! Give it up, here baby for old Diam- er DaveIsKing!!! Yeah!

VHII
12-11-2004, 11:35 AM
its true but not with excess, i doubt AC/DC actually worships the devil but they wrote a few tunes, Highway to Hell, Hell aint a bad place to be, i think Rock needs more classic styles of playing reguardless of what you sing about

FORD
12-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsKing
Combine the two-- KEEP THE SEX, LOOSE THE "GANGSTA SHIT" AND BRING BACK SATAN.

And get a singer who doesn't sound like J** B** J**** :D

VHII
12-11-2004, 04:36 PM
haha yeah, thats funny
Originally posted by FORD
And get a singer who doesn't sound like J** B** J**** :D

FORD
12-11-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by VHII
haha yeah, thats funny

Being from Jersey, I can't fault you for defending your local talent, but I wasn't neccessary slamming Mr. Bongiovi, just saying that him, or anyone who sounds like him, ain't gonna be pulling off "Satan" music.

Remember that on his "New Jersey" album, your hero complained that he was being accused of "Living In Sin". Now if he were a Devil worshipper, he would be proud of sinning, right? http://www.alenushka.com/redDevil1.gif

VHII
12-12-2004, 12:13 PM
i dont like him