PDA

View Full Version : Get VH back together? Here's how!

choppizz
02-03-2004, 12:08 PM
It finally dawned on me, how we can get VH back together . Spicoli wasn't far off when he said that he spent his reward money getting VH to play his Birthday party in Fast Times at Ridgemont High! Ultimately it's all about the almighty dollar. I say that we throw the biggest fucking bar-b-que/kegger of all time!!!! Here's how it works - say there's a million die hard fans. We get each of them to contribute $5 and put it in escrow. That's a million for each of the band members and a million to put the show on. We pick a central location and only contributors can attend. No one in their right mind would turn down a million in cold cash for a one nighter!!! Greed is king and I'm telling you we could make it happen!!!! Feel free to shit on my idea or add something constructive.

knuckleboner
02-03-2004, 12:17 PM
not going to shit on the idea.

but a million-person kegger is going to be one hell of a party. if you can't get laid at a party with a couple hundred thousand drunk chicks, then it's time to hit the seminary.

Sarge
02-03-2004, 12:37 PM
It isn't about money.. or they would have done it in 1996..

choppizz
02-03-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
not going to shit on the idea.

but a million-person kegger is going to be one hell of a party. if you can't get laid at a party with a couple hundred thousand drunk chicks, then it's time to hit the seminary.
Thanks for the reality check. That would be a helluva poonfest,though!
PLAN B: The million "donors" would be issued a number and we hold a lottery to select 10,000 people to see the show. Everyone else gets a bumper sticker or some shit like that, maybe turn it into a pay-per-view event.Any ideas on that?

choppizz
02-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
It isn't about money.. or they would have done it in 1996..
I hear ya - but we're talking about a one nighter here - not an album and tour. If Dave is bitching about only making 10 cents on every copy of Van Halen 1 that's sold, then it has to be an issue there somewhere. Michael Anthony would probably do it for free, just to get out of the hot sauce factory for an evening. We could divy up his share among the others.
Still thinking...

Gmoney
02-03-2004, 01:12 PM
I'm sure a lot of what Eddie Van Heineken does is based on the almighty buck!!

Why else would he think about bringing the "Dead Rocker" back? Hagar would probably not be his first(or second) choice for a lead singer, but VH will make more money then brining in another guy like Cherone to sing.

knuckleboner
02-03-2004, 01:41 PM
nah, it ain't about the money. my guess is they have enough and aren't going to do anything they don't want to at this point.

eddie knows how much $$ a dave reunion would do.

think of the police. they've been thrown ungodly sums of money to reunite. yet sting just keeps saying no. the other 2 would do it in a heartbeat. sting doesn't care.

he was willing to play with them at the hall of fame induction (for free, mind you.) but that was it.

i'm guessing eddie's the same.

sorry to say, but i think the only way to get VH back is if you're ed or alex.

mike may prefer sam, but he was pretty happy in 2000 when he thought dave ("a name you know") was back in.

the question is, does ed want to do it? and if so, can he and dave come to an agreement on how to do it (unlike in 2000)?

but on the other hand, next time one of us wins those $100 billion lotteries, going spiccoli sure as hell couldn't hurt!

choppizz
02-03-2004, 02:40 PM
I'm hearin' ya. All of them would have to be on the same page, and it just ain't gonna happen. Hell, from listening to that interview with Heineken, I think he's planning on singing and having Wolfie pose nude or some shit. Maybe if we got Gene Simmons involved as the parental " I brought you into this world and I can take you out" kind of thing.....

Dave IS VH
02-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Dave, and VH don't need the money. Let's just say, they all have millions, and millions in their bank accounts. Besides, that would mean Eddie and Alex would have to get off their ass, put down their beers, and smokes.

Albert Einstein
02-03-2004, 09:00 PM
Well, I'd hate to be at the back of the concert with
a million people there.

Antman
02-03-2004, 09:29 PM
Sounds good to me. Let's up the ante to $10 each. You can send the money to me. I'll kep it in, umm, escrow. Yea that's it. So let's get going people. The fate of VH is in your hands.

Panamark
02-03-2004, 09:38 PM
LMAO at Phoenix. I can be your um er ... accounts manager ??

Panamark
02-03-2004, 09:46 PM
LMAO at Phoenix. I can be your um er ... accounts manager ??

Dave's PA Rental
02-03-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
think of the police. they've been thrown ungodly sums of money to reunite. yet sting just keeps saying no. the other 2 would do it in a heartbeat. sting doesn't care.

Sting has always maintained that The Police never officially "broke up"...

Panamark
02-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Sorry about the double post ? System locked up on me..

You know what I think we should do, send in an undercover hypnotist to visit Ed when he is drunk ! Get the hynopist to "remind" Edward who the best frontman is !!

That would have to cost lest than $5 million ?? :D

choppizz
02-04-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Antman
Sounds good to me. Let's up the ante to $10 each. You can send the money to me. I'll kep it in, umm, escrow. Yea that's it. So let's get going people. The fate of VH is in your hands.
You are all "assuming" that they would not respond to that kind of money being waved in their faces. If any of you have copies of their personal financial statements - please, by all means, e-mail me a copy. The money could be raised if the effort was put forth.If you don't believe me - just ask that bitch I saw on the TODAY show last year that started a website to get herself out of credit card debt. She raised like 30k and offered nothing. People sent her money to get her worthless ass out of debt. The money would go directly to escrow with a reputable handler, not ANTMAN'S beer and chicken wing fund! If we raise the money and they still won't play the gig - I say we buy $5million dollars worth of boob jobs for "needy" women, so we can help beautify America.

Antman
02-04-2004, 10:05 PM
I can guarantee you that if I were to handle the money, not only can we get VH back together, but I'll have enough left over for beer and wings for everyone! Or we can offer Sam the money NOT to rejoin VH.

ashstralia
02-19-2004, 08:39 AM
just like to say,
as a guitar playing kid in the 80's, i worshipped eddie.
but in australia, we saw precious little vh on mtv.
i waited and waited for the tour, and ya know what?
dave came out in '88 with the skyscraper show. (no billy, d'oh)
i saw that show twice in two days, (drove 200 miles in my torana, a small 2 door aussie muscle car with 202 six and triple carbs) saw the guys sound checking both nites and they fucking slammed!
vh 3 came out a few years later (around 96) no one cared. i'll never forget that show in canberra, i was front row, and i have a steve vai pick. dave, i know you read this forum, you fucking rock!!!!!
by the way, i'm open to responses from any sexy u.s. girls, i live in our version of florida. xxx