PDA

View Full Version : U.S. military blames lap dances for declining military discipline

Sarge
02-03-2004, 03:08 PM
U.S. military blames lap dances for declining military discipline

Special to World Tribune.com
EAST-ASIA-INTEL.COM
Tuesday, February 3, 2004
SEOUL – The U.S. military has asked South Korea to ban lap dancing and other lewd acts at local nightclubs near its bases, saying they negatively impact military discipline.

The officials said the military was taking similar steps at other bases in the United States and overseas against lap dancing.

The U.S. Army's 2nd Infantry Division, which has 15,000 troops near the border with North Korea, recently sent letters to the South Korean Special Tourist Association and local mayors urging a crack down on lap dancing clubs near barracks.

Describing "client-focused exotic dancing" as the principal cause of worsening military discipline, the military letter called for local club owners to "prohibit any physical contact between dancers and (U.S.) customers." South Korean lap dancing clubs are totally dependent on American customers because they are not allowed to take local clients.

U.S. officials declined to specify what they meant by worsening military discipline.

"We are following trends in the United States," Lt. Col. Chris Bailey, the 2nd Infantry Division's assistant chief of staff, told the Stars & Stripes newspaper. The U.S. Forces Korea has consulted mainland laws banning lap dancing, he said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rising Tide Lifts All Boats"

Writes the Wall Street Journal about the 2003 stock market. Members of this relatively unknown newsletter have profited from possibly the best track record in the US. If you're not in the stock market right now you're missing the boat and if you're not reading The Intrepid Investor you may be lost at sea.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more than 90 American installations throughout South Korea have long been a source of friction between residents living near the U.S. facilities, who complain of pollution, noise and traffic from the U.S. bases and occasional crimes by American troops.
Many crimes committed by U.S. servicemen involve nightclubs near their barracks. Amid an increasing number of American troops accused of crimes, their legal protection has become a sensitive issues for the two governments.

"The USFK will root out any practices that go contrary to a positive environment for U.S. soldiers, Korean residents and people of all nationalities," said Chae Yang-To, a spokesman for the 2nd Infantry Division.

The United States maintains 37,000 troops in South Korea to help defend it from a potential conflict with North Korea under a bilateral defense treaty signed after the 1950-1953 Korean War.

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/breaking_3.html

Va Beach VH Fan
02-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Lord have Mercy...

Bad enough that they're 10,000 miles away from home, but now they wanna prevent you from getting a woody on liberty too ???

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO glad I was able to experience the WESTPAC when it was no-holds barred, and AIDS-free, I might add....

So much so that the kids that worked for me wouldn't believe the stories I'd tell them....

John Ashcroft
02-03-2004, 07:47 PM
I can sum it up for you fellas....

Military spouse groups.

You know what I'm talking about... (The P.C. climate of today leaves Commanders no choice but to at least appear to be addressing the "problem")

BITEYOASS
02-04-2004, 01:19 PM
To me it ain't the lap dances that are causing discipline problems in the 2'nd division. It's the pathetic PC leadership of the top brass that is the problem with discipline.

I know that in the Navy and Marine Corps. discipline problems are either solved with an ass-chewing, administrative or if you agree to it, duking or grapling it out in the back of the building.

Lap Dances in my opinion are a morale boost. Bottom line: It always helps to get a boost from a stripper's caboose!:D

Va Beach VH Fan
02-04-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
I know that in the Navy and Marine Corps. discipline problems are either solved with an ass-chewing, administrative or if you agree to it, duking or grapling it out in the back of the building.

Another fan of "smokers", I see !!!!

Amen brother.....

BITEYOASS
02-04-2004, 10:11 PM
My unit never gave a rats-ass about lap dances being a discipline problem. Because either the spouses didn't care, the spouses went with em or the spouses worked at the strip club.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-05-2004, 07:52 PM
Shit, when I was stationed in Japan in the early '80's, I was onboard the Blue Ridge, which was/is the 7th Fleet Flagship....

The only other ships homeported there in my day were the Midway battle group, consisting of about 8 other ships....

We had completely different schedules, so when we were inport, usually the Midway BG was underway....

The days the Midway got underway were the best days of the year, 'cause we knew all of the "Midway wives" were going to be at the club that night !!!!

The spouses can talk all the shit they want, but when the hubby's are away, they aren't exactly choir girls themselves....

John Ashcroft
02-05-2004, 08:20 PM
Yeah I know, but that doesn't prevent them from pretending that they are. Usually that includes fawning some outrage over something or other. When I was in Europe, a spouse actually wrote in to Stars and Stripes complaining about the nude covered mags being displayed at the ESSO stations. It was a hoot. In Europe, you buy gas stamps from the PX/BX at a "discounted" rate (compared to the local rate, anyway). The coupons are usable at participating local commercial stations through contract. Esso being the most prevalant. Anyway, you want discounted gas, you buy stamps and fill up at the local ESSO. You get the picture. Anyway, she thought that since ESSO contracted with the U.S. Armed Forces to honor gas stamps, that they should also adhere to our social norms (I.E. titties on crossword mags... Not acceptable!) It was amazing. She was actually organizing a boycott on her husbands base. Dumb bitch. My answer was to simply buy gas at the going commercial rate at the station of her choice (oh wait, the all had nudie crossword puzzle magazines...) Oh well, she was fucked! Back to the little bubble of a world that she called home.

FORD
02-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Did her husband tell her that he bought the mag strictly for the crossword puzzles?? ;)

Osama Bin Laden
02-06-2004, 07:53 PM
Is this why the Great Satan military could not stop my jihad warriors on that great day of Allah's wrath? Because you were all sinning with women who degrade themselves with nudity?

BigBadBrian
02-06-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Osama Bin Laden
Is this why the Great Satan military could not stop my jihad warriors on that great day of Allah's wrath? Because you were all sinning with women who degrade themselves with nudity?

Your momma is a hoochie! :D